Hotel Recommendations

miffy.x

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would strongly recommend Airbnb if you are comfortable without breakfast/swimming pool/gym.

I stayed in Sinsa (Gangnam) and Jongno area. The apartments all clean and nice. I have positive experiences so far. :)

hi looking at airbnb too..
can share with me which one u stay ?

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just stayed one night at Metro Hotel in Myeongdong.
Located at the north part of Myeongdong.
They totally renovated the hotel and it looks nice and modern now.
Free wifi, decent tv but the rooms are a bit on the small side.

Very convenient to get to the airport as there is a limo bus just one block away.
Subway station is also in the same area.

If u book on their website, u get a free breakfast.
Breakfast is not bad, a decent selection of breads, fruit, some korean dishes, eggs etc.

The price can be a bit high depending on the dates.
If the price is high, then it probably isnt worth staying there.
If u can get the rooms at a good price, Metro hotel provides good value.

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
I have 3 hotels in mind:

1. Ekonomy Hotel Myeongdong Premier/Central
2. Savoy Hotel
3. Hotel Skypark Myeongdong I / II / III / Central

Anyone stayed in any one of the hotels listed above in Myeongdong area before and care to share your experience?

Going to stay for 16 nights

Any reviews on Ekonomy Premier?

Looks very near Metro.

DealuxTravel

Reaction score
Any reviews on Ekonomy Premier?

Looks very near Metro.

Its very close to exit 5 / 6 of the subway.

But the TWIN room is super duper small at 9.6sqm !!! If you just need a place to sleep and don't mind the small space, its fine.

Weekday rates can be lower than SGD$90 / night including tax.

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Designers Premier Gangnam.
Very good location, near subway, restaurants n shopping.

Hotel itself is really good too.
Nice rooms.

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Peyto Gangnam is not recommended.
Near subway but nothing much in that part of gangnam.
Not many restaurants around though there are a few cafes.

The rooms are also not very soundproof n street noise is very audible.

flekzout

Reaction score
Sheraton Incheon Hotel Krw
Grand Hyatt Seoul
Jw Marriott Seoul Krw
Millennium Seoul Hilton
Lotte Hotel Seoul Downtown
Intercontinental Hotel Coex Seoul
Sheraton Seoul D-Cube City Hotel
Conrad Seoul
Lotte City Hotel

if can choose without thinking of the price, where to stay from all those above hotels? can recommend 2 hotels? and probably I will pick one of them. probably the good location one with convenient to go cheap cheap shopping or nice place nearby..

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never stayed at any of these but:

-Sheraton Incheon Hotel is in Incheon and not in Seoul
-Grand Hyatt Seoul is not really close to a subway station. Dont recommend it.

Sheraton Incheon Hotel Krw
Grand Hyatt Seoul
Jw Marriott Seoul Krw
Millennium Seoul Hilton
Lotte Hotel Seoul Downtown
Intercontinental Hotel Coex Seoul
Sheraton Seoul D-Cube City Hotel
Conrad Seoul
Lotte City Hotel

if can choose without thinking of the price, where to stay from all those above hotels? can recommend 2 hotels? and probably I will pick one of them. probably the good location one with convenient to go cheap cheap shopping or nice place nearby..

informal

Reaction score
any views on the new hotel Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Seoul Myeong-dong right above M Plaza

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ello guys! I have a group of 2 elders + 6 adults + 1 child going to Korea in April and we plan to stay 5nights in Seoul. The last time I went in 2013, my friend booked Metro Hotel at MyeongDong for us which I felt was okay (quite near station) but seemed a bit expensive. Looking at the rate now, it's $139/night after taxes per normal room.

Was wondering if:-
1. Is $140 considered mid-range or expensive for MyeongDong hotels? We have 2 elderly with us (56/61yo), would like to make things easier in the event we have to carry their luggage for them (aka accessibility more important) and
2. Should we try for airbnb instead? Suspect that any airbnb in MyeongDong might cost almost as much as a hotel room and would be cramped, in which case I would rather go for hotel since no need to share toilet haha. Would be great if someone could compare both for me.

TIA!

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MyeongDong hotels last check is about 80+ per nite for two if u r staying at 3 stars hotel ...

depending on how many person u have in the room
what type of room u r looking at ...

if u r going with elderly, would be good to stay nearby shopping malls , so that at least if they wanna walk walk abit, also no need to travel so far ...

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MyeongDong hotels last check is about 80+ per nite for two if u r staying at 3 stars hotel ...

depending on how many person u have in the room
what type of room u r looking at ...

if u r going with elderly, would be good to stay nearby shopping malls , so that at least if they wanna walk walk abit, also no need to travel so far ...

Haha we will take 4bedrooms, not gonna squeeze if I can help it. Hmm if $80+, maybe hotel makes more sense than airbnb indeed. Gonna take some time to read up on the pages of this thread! Thanks dede!

aristein

Reaction score
Hi, is Hotel Skypark Central Myeongdong good? is it near the mrt station, shopping centre etc, going in april

Or any other recommendation for hotel stay?

hdtvsg

Reaction score
Hi, is Hotel Skypark Central Myeongdong good? is it near the mrt station, shopping centre etc, going in april

Or any other recommendation for hotel stay?

Stayed once at sky park 1 and can only give my impression on the basis of park. Room was quite small. Despite I requestdd for non smoking at the time of booking, but they don't actually have non smoking rooms as far as i know. They just spray air freshener with windows open after cleaning.
http://www.skyparkhotel.com/eng/html/a/06.asp

Hope this helps.

Keep Going

Reaction score
I stayed at skylark dongdaemun before. Initially I booked it cos it was available as I booked too late. Turn out rather positive.

Convenient to get to many places as airport shutter is just nearby and the bus stop opposite the hotel was really helpful. Can get to myeongdong and other key stations without needing to climb up and down the many plights of stairs at the train station.

Worth considering! Would recommend.

memoriess

Reaction score
anyone got any airbnb apartment to recommend for 6 pax which is near subway station?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.