LG G5

chiaRH

Reaction score
Removing battery is just sliding it in or out from the bottom
instead of removing the back entire cover, then remove
the battery, and then put back the back cover in place.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-prod...pecs-features-mwc-uk-rumours-cameras-3620151/

we knew about that since mid January, it was the rumours floating around about an eyewitness description of the battery slot and a render being constructed based on the description
http://www.slashgear.com/lg-g5-may-go-modular-to-keep-removable-battery-13423065/

falcom2002

Reaction score
we knew about that since mid January, it was the rumours floating around about an eyewitness description of the battery slot and a render being constructed based on the description
http://www.slashgear.com/lg-g5-may-go-modular-to-keep-removable-battery-13423065/

So it is just me using the wrong word to describe the feature.
Instead of "compartment" it should be "battery slot and a
render being constructed". Haha.....

One thing for sure is that everyone will admire and appreciate
LG for doing things others never thought is possible with
the mobile phone.

There is still many ladders for most in order to reach the
ultimate, but really is that such thing as the ultimate phone?

:D:s13:

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would seriously consider getting the G5 if it incorporated a second screen like the LG V10. It'll be cool and very useful to see notification icons on the second screen. Unfortunately, based on the various pictures shown so far, this may not happen...

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always On screen on G5, not sure how well will it perform on the G5's IPS LCD screen as compared to S7's sAMOLED screen ..
giphy.gif

Sent from my Rice phone using GAGT

chiaRH

Reaction score
Motorola's already did the always on display (kind of) on their Moto X, theirs will flash on when it senses you are about to look at the screen (eg when the phone is being taken out of pocket)

Some people felt that the older moto X looked better with the active display because the newer moto X used LCD so 'blacks not as deep' etc etc

I'd rather have a more power efficient display. LG's decision to use QHD really eats into the battery life which is one thing i observe when i use the camera a lot (because I force max brightness when doing photo taking)

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It would be great for the G5 to incorporate an "always on" screen for notifications (and "always on" should mean *always* on).

I firmly believe that all smartphones should have an observable indicator at all times to show unread notifications. This can be an LED lamp, second screen like on the V10 or an "always on" screen. I find it ridiculous to have to switch on a phone just to see whether there are unread notifications (think iPhones?). That would be a deal breaker for me.

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT

Last edited:

falcom2002

Reaction score
G5 is the winner

LG is confident enough and may be the winner over its
rival s7 for reasons that are known by its consumers worldwide.

They certainly are producing innovative ideas in the V10
and the G4 after learning from the mistakes made in the G3.

What the high end consumer wants is replacement of
battery and ability to continue to use the phone either
as a still camera or as a video camera or both at the same
time with two devices to shoot for the whole day
without having to lurk around a couple of silly
bulky powerbanks.

The future is near when photographers will use the
phone camera more than the bulky and heavy DSLR.

Future phone camera will even have interchangeable
lenses though you can have super-wide angle or
fish-eye attachment at the moment.

Get the exciting news about the trust G5 has even
before it is being released.

Cast your vote.
http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...-about-668224/

Last edited:

chiaRH

Reaction score
bulky powerbanks.

This is the G5 we're talking about, not Redmi 3 or Huawei mate 8. Battery isn't going to be its selling point

Tord__

Reaction score
This is the G5 we're talking about, not Redmi 3 or Huawei mate 8. Battery isn't going to be its selling point

This is LG we're talking about. Battery life isn't the selling point, but user replaceable battery is 1 of the main selling point of LG's flagship mobile phones.

falcom2002

Reaction score
This is LG we're talking about. Battery life isn't the selling point, but user replaceable battery is 1 of the main selling point of LG's flagship mobile phones.

Absolutely correct!

All of LG's flagship devices main selling point is user
replaceable battery, turning away the option that other
competitors are going.

Fearfully the competitors may turn around and work backward
to be in line with LG's strategy if sales of their devices
are affected.

The G5 will be preferred by those who like the smaller
screen size especially the iPhone users who also want
to experience the Android interface.

chiaRH

Reaction score
Absolutely correct!
Fearfully the competitors may turn around and work backward
to be in line with LG's strategy if sales of their devices
are affected.

Samsung took removable batteries (and even removable microSD, which for me personally was the no-more-samsung dealbreaker for me) out of their flagship and still enjoyed better sales than LG.

Apple has never had removable battery in iPhone and their sales are also better than LG.

Reality check is, it is not the best product that sells, but rather the best marketing and the best branding.

'other companies being in line with LG'? Ok but consider:

V10 --> I dont see Samsung/Sony/HTC/Apple put a secondary ticker display on their phone

G4 --> I dont see Samsung/Sony/HTC/Apple switch to leather backing and quantum IPS LCD and colour spectrum analyser

G3 --> I dont see Samsung/Sony/HTC/Apple suddenly start to put laser autofocus on their phone

no matter how much brand loyalty I have to LG, I still have to conclude LG has minimal influencing power on the industry

Even LG is leaking cases now...
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-lg-releases-touch-enabled-case-lg-g5-flagship-phone

Last edited:

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG is confident enough and may be the winner over its
rival s7 for reasons that are known by its consumers worldwide.

They certainly are producing innovative ideas in the V10
and the G4 after learning from the mistakes made in the G3.

bulky powerbanks.

The future is near when photographers will use the
phone camera more than the bulky and heavy DSLR.

Future phone camera will even have interchangeable
lenses though you can have super-wide angle or
fish-eye attachment at the moment.

Get the exciting news about the trust G5 has even
before it is being released.

Cast your vote.
http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...-about-668224/

You seriously sounds like a LG spokesman.. :s8:

falcom2002

Reaction score

Haha.......Shall we discover the perfect effect?

The saying: The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away, is so true.

However, everyone rushes around in such
great panic state as if it were necessary
that his or her story is to be unfold for
something beyond themselves.

I am just one happy customer sharing my happiness. :)

falcom2002

Reaction score
Samsung took removable batteries (and even removable microSD, which for me personally was the no-more-samsung dealbreaker for me) out of their flagship and still enjoyed better sales than LG.

Apple has never had removable battery in iPhone and their sales are also better than LG.

Reality check is, it is not the best product that sells, but rather the best marketing and the best branding.

no matter how much brand loyalty I have to LG, I still have to conclude LG has minimal influencing power on the industry

Looking back at history we know that LG did not concentrate
on the mobile phone and started late. By the time they
realize that it is a industry that can be profitable because
everyone changes their phone often.

Currently in 2015 LG has shown they are not going to sleep
but well awake to face the tough challenges ahead. But
it won't be long if they keep on putting extra effort in areas
of innovation, marketing and pricing.

We will see what is going to happen in the next five years.

chiaRH

Reaction score

Sounds to me like trying too hard to sound poetic and wax lyrical about the brand. Not trying to sound too blunt but it's hard to hold discussion with people who only know how to sing praises.

My 2 cents is that the G4 was really good, it's the device that opened my eyes to manual photography, to learning the use of tripod, ND filter on long exposures, etc. Yeah it was good... up till the 505 motherboard issue and the software update known as v20b which really screwed users up in battery efficiency for the whole month of January....

Well now that its 2016 I think other companies have caught up to manual camera support already, so the G5 doesnt need to be the only thing on my radar. The magic slot still feels a bit too much like innovation for innovation's sake so its not even a selling point to me.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
perhaps LG is daring enough to introduce unconventional concepts? rear buttons? leather back? and now an expansion slot to swap modules for extra functionality?

might not be game changing, but still refreshing ..

chiaRH

Reaction score
perhaps LG is daring enough to introduce unconventional concepts? rear buttons? leather back? and now an expansion slot to swap modules for extra functionality?

might not be game changing, but still refreshing ..

i thought the leather came first on the moto X (2nd gen) in 2014... anyway an idea is only as good as the manner which it is executed. if you execution is poor, the product still flops. People will say its a neat idea, very creative, but if you ask them to buy it, they hesitate to open their wallets.

when i think of unconventional, i dont really think of LG, I think more of Asus. In the past they had all sorts of crazy stuff like Padfone which docked a phone inside a tablet shell, and Transformer pad which was a tablet with keyboard dock long before MS and Google got the idea to do Surface and Pixel C.

2 years ago they even wanted to combine both crazy ideas and make a laptop that you can dock your phone into (Transformer Book V).

Recently their Zenfone Zoom debuted in the market which used a periscope design to implement optical zoom that moves parallel to the phone body, so that the whole zoom module can fit internally inside the phone.

So many ideas and creativity, and yet the only thing you see in stores now is their ordinary Zenfone which is a budget smartphone like all other run of the mill budget smartphones.

Maybe the majority of customers just want an ordinary thing that works well, rather than an extraordinary thing that brings with it, a whole new share of extraordinary issues.....

And the problem with the magic slot is that there is zero customer confidence that LG wants to take it seriously and build a dedicated ecosystem of modules. So in the long term your collection of magic slot modules may not even be future-compatible with anything beyond the G5 (could you possibly use the G5 forever?).

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.