The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

emozxs

Reaction score
Got my 2 tubs of Original from gx on the 11th, used 2-3 times already, so give early impressions since I only saw 1 other Original review here.

More info: My hair is a hybrid between a quiff/pomp, and I have fine, (slightly) thick hair.

Smell - A bit weird, my gf prefers BB90's scent, and I concur. Original smells like those mint sweets/chewing gum. Not a bad scent, but I was expecting something more minty/less sweet.

Hold - Not sure if it's just my hair, but my hairstyle is a lot looser with this wax, no sticky feeling after application (and letting hair set) at all. It doesn't feel like there's anything in my hair, and doesn't look like I used wax either. Went out today without prestyling/blowdrying and I ended up having quite a few strands of hair pulled out when I was styling. Well, as compared to when I use a prestyler at least. But running my hand through my hair after that was perfectly fine, no stickiness, no pulling.

Packaging - Quite disappointed. Plastic tub with just a few stickers on it. I wish they could have used the original packaging, that looked a lot nicer.

Haven't used it as a prestyler, so probably will use it for both pre and post styling tomorrow and see how it goes.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ to be honest. That packaging is solid. It doesn't crack if you drop it.
Plain and simple. Abit like American crew. The important thing is the content.
The original design will have lesser content. And I think if you drop it. Means crack.

But overall as long you like it. Join the group lor. Then suggest.
See they will take feedback anot. Haha.

Thank you for the support as always. :)

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly, idkw, but ebl clay isnt cut out for me.

I've been wanting to do a mini review, but ebl clay just doesnt suit me. Right now, i have to emulsify it with an unorthodox water based pomade so that it gives a higher hold, more volume, and easier manageability when styling my hair.

Even with prestyler and blowdrying, i can't get my hair to be as textured as i want. Maybe hair is too damn straight and fine, idk. Will flop by noon.

Ijdk what's lacking, my skill or maybe I'm just using the wrong product for my hairstyle...

:(

Sent from an alternate multiverse, trapped in a cosmic timeloop between galactic quasars, with assisted communication by using GAGT

emozxs

Reaction score
^ to be honest. That packaging is solid. It doesn't crack if you drop it.
Plain and simple. Abit like American crew. The important thing is the content.
The original design will have lesser content. And I think if you drop it. Means crack.

But overall as long you like it. Join the group lor. Then suggest.
See they will take feedback anot. Haha.

Thank you for the support as always. :)

True, about the packaging. I think they should put in one of those covers that GD/BB has. Does your tub have condensation on the lid?

Already in the group, but never say anything one hahah. Thanks for bringing it in!

[edit] It's only in the tub that I've started using. Guess it's just the wax drying out?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True, about the packaging. I think they should put in one of those covers that GD/BB has. Does your tub have condensation on the lid?

Already in the group, but never say anything one hahah. Thanks for bringing it in!

[edit] It's only in the tub that I've started using. Guess it's just the wax drying out?

it's pretty normal.

yep. i just told them about the sealant. they have taken note of that.

no worries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.