Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhLam86

Reaction score
wow really impressed with whiteflash. production time 1.5 days. delivery take 2 days

hamliomusica

Reaction score
Hi all, do you know where I can get more info on the Octagon diamond? it is 88 faceted right?

If you are looking for the solasfera or octagon gem, better to go down soon and check it out. As I understand from them that these types of cuts are rare and stocks dont replenish as fast compared to the normal cuts.

ivandemi

Reaction score
proposed in korea to my gf... ring was from jp and she really like it ever since we selected it at jp.

KnxQ4OC.jpg

Nice! You guys went down to JP together?

Sessygurl143

Reaction score
Hi all, do you know where I can get more info on the Octagon diamond? it is 88 faceted right?

You can see their FB, blog or videos.

It sparkles alot more than the regular diamonds especially at the corners.

Then you can choose how you want to set your diamond too

chocolate&cookies

Reaction score
Hi! Just created an account after lurking in this thread for years! It is finally my turn to select my own engagement ring after my bf booked an appt with JP. It has been my only choice after reading the numerous positive reviews about it here. Thanks to all who contributed and guided me in learning more about diamonds!

I was hoping that I would be attended to by one of the more commonly mentioned names like Jann, Jerome, Casey, Samuel etc and was hence a little disappointed when Julie attended to us. However, I was soon very impressed with her! Besides the already well-known excellent service, she was also very professional, helpful, patient and friendly! I felt that she also understood a girl's viewpoint in wanting to choose something she wants/likes yet wanting an element of surprise at the same time and I am thus thankful for her. She also allayed my fears and concerns, making me feel assured that she is the one in charge of my ring!

Was quoted $3100 each (excluding settings) for a 1) 0.423, E, VS2 Solasfera and 2) 0.42, E, VS1 Octagon. I love the unique shape of the Octagon and its numerous "8"s but thinking that its shape would be obscured by its prongs and that a Solasfera is more "bling bling", I chose the Solasfera eventually. Up till now, I am still unsure if I would regret not getting the Octagon later or not.

Anyone else also chose a Solasfera over an Octagon? How about the pricing quoted? Reasonable? Any comments about the Solasfera? Its AGS number is 104083873022. (just google the cert and suddenly noticed that there seem to be a lot of feathers especially near the side of the diamond! Shld I be concerned? Julie, my bf and myself couldn't see any inclusions even under the scope at that time). No scope images received yet.

Thanks a lot!!! :D

hamliomusica

Reaction score
Hi! Just created an account after lurking in this thread for years! It is finally my turn to select my own engagement ring after my bf booked an appt with JP. It has been my only choice after reading the numerous positive reviews about it here. Thanks to all who contributed and guided me in learning more about diamonds!

I was hoping that I would be attended to by one of the more commonly mentioned names like Jann, Jerome, Casey, Samuel etc and was hence a little disappointed when Julie attended to us. However, I was soon very impressed with her! Besides the already well-known excellent service, she was also very professional, helpful, patient and friendly! I felt that she also understood a girl's viewpoint in wanting to choose something she wants/likes yet wanting an element of surprise at the same time and I am thus thankful for her. She also allayed my fears and concerns, making me feel assured that she is the one in charge of my ring!

Was quoted $3100 each (excluding settings) for a 1) 0.423, E, VS2 Solasfera and 2) 0.42, E, VS1 Octagon. I love the unique shape of the Octagon and its numerous "8"s but thinking that its shape would be obscured by its prongs and that a Solasfera is more "bling bling", I chose the Solasfera eventually. Up till now, I am still unsure if I would regret not getting the Octagon later or not.

Anyone else also chose a Solasfera over an Octagon? How about the pricing quoted? Reasonable? Any comments about the Solasfera? Its AGS number is 104083873022. (just google the cert and suddenly noticed that there seem to be a lot of feathers especially near the side of the diamond! Shld I be concerned? Julie, my bf and myself couldn't see any inclusions even under the scope at that time). No scope images received yet.

Thanks a lot!!! :D

Julie is good. She attended to me too. I went for the octagon instead of solasfera :D

I noticed that there is a feather inclusion at the edge of your diamond. Will the diamond have a higher chance of chipping/ breaking off since there is a feather=chip/fracture at the edge of the diamond? I think I read somewhere regarding this but am not too sure. :s11:

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

tkcmage

Reaction score
Anyone with a gd idea of how much the diamond will cost in jannpaul for the following:

1) 0.55 ct E VS1 octagon cut
2) 0.55 ct E VS1 super ideal cut
3) 0.55 ct E VS1 solasferas cut

Dominum

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a gd idea of how much the diamond will cost in jannpaul for the following:

4k plus? Why don't you give them a call?

DanMWM

Reaction score

Here are the prices from my first visit.
Ultimately i chose the solasfera though.
Basically unique/premium cuts like octagon and solasfera cuts costs approx 10% more than a super ideal.

Diamond type: Super Ideal
0.55 G VVS2 -$4,550
0.51 F VS1 - $4,100
0.54 F VS2 - $4,300

Diamond type: Solasfera
0.483 D VS2 - $3700
AGS 104083873020

gwenie80

Reaction score
Hi!
I have been following this thread for some time to learn more about what to look out for diamonds. Few days ago, my Fiance & I picked up an Octagon diamond at JP.

I have not receive the scopes and images. Any expert here can give me some comments if this is a good buy?

Octagon 0.414 G VS2
AGS 104084190047
Price: $2.8k (not including settings)

Thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.