EDMW Knife Collectors

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
some low-res pictures to share.

1. spyderco domino, CRKT ikoma fossil and Steve Kelly titanium sushi stix :)

6626be79-fef8-4cb8-b458-49c51d302fb1_zpsqlq5pevw.jpg

2. fixies =:p Bob Dozier K2 with rare CTS-XHP blade (cos I wanted a stainless D2) from years ago. Nicely aged black linen micarta (so much classier than canvas micarta IMO) with white liners. Nice thin grinds. These days a custom order like this takes at least 3 years and may no longer be done by Bob himself. The Dozier cuts like a demon. And the ergos are unmatched. Bob must have the same hands as I do because they were built for my hands...no fancy finger grooves texturing etc it just fits!

CKf Assymetric - a knife that has seen many adventures. S90V and pretty handy on the belt. S90V shows some spotting and edge weakness but hell, for the price, it's hard to beat. My go-to for camping. STill trying to gather funds to send it out for a regrind....somebody buy my knives so I can do so :s13:

4c82f017-64da-4acc-82ea-5a76a2044a69_zpsk6vbpjm7.jpg

Stevejobless

Reaction score
some low-res pictures to share.

1. spyderco domino, CRKT ikoma fossil and Steve Kelly titanium sushi stix :)

6626be79-fef8-4cb8-b458-49c51d302fb1_zpsqlq5pevw.jpg

2. fixies =:p Bob Dozier K2 with rare CTS-XHP blade (cos I wanted a stainless D2) from years ago. Nicely aged black linen micarta (so much classier than canvas micarta IMO) with white liners. Nice thin grinds. These days a custom order like this takes at least 3 years and may no longer be done by Bob himself. The Dozier cuts like a demon. And the ergos are unmatched. Bob must have the same hands as I do because they were built for my hands...no fancy finger grooves texturing etc it just fits!

CKf Assymetric - a knife that has seen many adventures. S90V and pretty handy on the belt. S90V shows some spotting and edge weakness but hell, for the price, it's hard to beat. My go-to for camping. STill trying to gather funds to send it out for a regrind....somebody buy my knives so I can do so :s13:

4c82f017-64da-4acc-82ea-5a76a2044a69_zpsk6vbpjm7.jpg

Fixed blade with XHP steel is very rare indeed. Most super steel are only found in folders. How hard does he temper them?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
no idea, but Bob's work is rather well regarded. 10-20years ago, his D2 was the rave, but nowadays, supersteels have overtaken his D2. I got this many years ago, when he was just starting to experiment with CTS-XHP. I've seen him using CPM154, CPM3V, CTS-BDXX and S35VN these days. Gotta ask Bob himself.

The beauty of a Dozier fixie is:

- timeless appeal. Ask the users, hunters, utility-oriented guys. Don't ask desk-diving collectors.
- his kydex sheaths are well made. It doesn't scratch the blade easily. See how the modern tacticool makers do their kydex. Kydex scratches are normal.
- he believes in knives for cutting softer substrates/materials, not chopping bricks or prying open doors. So he grinds his edges rather thin and with hollow grinds -slicey cutting geometry. I love hollow grinds no matter what others say about weakness etc. They just look better and you know that most likely, a knifemaker handground the blade, and not a CNC machine for today's flatgrinds.

They're no match for CPM3V-10V and S90-125V modern blades, but handle one and you'll know the man knows about knives that are meant to be used.

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
You should take a look at Bark River Knives. They do use a fair bit of "supersteels" like CPM-3V and Elmax.

And Survive! knives - CPM3V, CPM20CV.

My assymetric is S90V, but China Heat-treat so I don't know :s11::eek:=:p

Barkies tend to have blocky handles for some of their fixed blades.

Both the above are production knives though, the Dozier is still handground by Bob or his apprentices/foreman etc and is a custom knife, not a production knife (Sorta like Fiddleback Knives).

Last edited:

squarebox

Reaction score
And Survive! knives - CPM3V, CPM20CV.

My assymetric is S90V, but China Heat-treat so I don't know :s11::eek:=:p

Barkies tend to have blocky handles for some of their fixed blades.

Both the above are production knives though, the Dozier is still handground by Bob or his apprentices/foreman etc and is a custom knife, not a production knife (Sorta like Fiddleback Knives).

Survive! knives are awesome!

Here are some GSO 3.5 to drool at:
cIXnceG.jpg

lN8KGpF.jpg

z0xb6VZ.jpg

h9cfOJS.jpg

anvil_den

Reaction score
no idea, but Bob's work is rather well regarded. 10-20years ago, his D2 was the rave, but nowadays, supersteels have overtaken his D2. I got this many years ago, when he was just starting to experiment with CTS-XHP. I've seen him using CPM154, CPM3V, CTS-BDXX and S35VN these days. Gotta ask Bob himself.

I'll take a well made D2 knife any day

and talking about chinese knives-- the cheap D2 ones really outshine the "better" M390 and S90 from there-- at least those I have fondled.

zekacheek

Reaction score
Hi guys, first time posting here but I've been lurking around for quite some time already haha. Anyway I'm too busy to take care of all my knives now and think I wanna thin out some of my collection. Currently thinking of letting go of my spyderco military CPM S30V. Satin finish and camo g10 handles. Hook me at 98365250 for photos man. Just shoot me an offer or trade.

BTW anybody here got a karambit collection?.... I mean they have literally one of the deadliest blade shape. Always wanted to learn how to use one but there are no proper schools in Singapore :(

squarebox

Reaction score
Some fixed blade love:
xlBxaWR.jpg

Lee Lerman Nessmuk
GSO 5.1
GSO 5.0
GSO 4.1

FOfD4HV.jpg

BRKT Golok
ESEE Junglas w/ TKC G10 handles
JK Cuchillos. Parang
Kershaw Camp 10
Condor Eco Parang

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
now those look like true users ;) - that's why fixies are just a smidgen better.

I think the Dozier deserves another slot...

image_zpsc1lmcrau.jpeg

widget

Reaction score
Good news.
Massdrop is able to ship knives to Singapore again.
No need forwarder already

widget

Reaction score
I doubt local distros can do anything to them as they are not like other normal retailers where local distros can file complaints with knife manufacturers.
Even massdrop bypass the local US warranties on some of their drops

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Thought I'll just share a custom build I have coming. Really can't wait to handle it! Price is very reasonable (I won't even have to pay for GST after shipping fee added).

dW88pWu.jpg

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
sheepsfoot and wharnie blades make great utility blades. The point is easily controlled and the lack of a belly makes them sheeple friendly. The blue helps too. I'd like to see that knife with a thin edge ;)

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
your knives develop a nice lived-in look when you EDC them long enough. green canvas micarta and ti bolsters on the folding puukko, and hot water percolating through the Indonesian coffee grounds - a panacea for a balmy afternoon.

image_zpsqi6jokj1.jpeg

more lived-in marks :)

image_zpsekcfrxmm.jpeg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.