Malaysia prepaid card

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
- Malaysia XOX mobile (celcom network) sim now has 4g lte as of last month plus almost 2 year validity and roaming in singapore

I have a lot of umobile sim, XOX mobile, celcom sim, ask me if anything , but i dont come this thread often! :s13:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought Hotlink Fast. I will be only going back Malaysia 2 months later. Can I check if it is still valid then?
IIRC passive period for Hotlink is 50 days, so you can just buy a RM5 reload voucher now and use it before the end of the 50 days to reactivate the line.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IIRC passive period for Hotlink is 50 days, so you can just buy a RM5 reload voucher now and use it before the end of the 50 days to reactivate the line.

Oh ya, should ask Villas-Boas to buy few pieces of RM5 reload voucher so that every 50 days do a top up to make the line active.

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
If you know in advance the location you are visiting, you can check the coverage map to ensure that the service provider cover that area well.

The network coverage and speed are very subjective, depends on where you are.

Last trip went to Penang Hill, totally no connection for Hotlink and saw the person next to me using DIGI, almost full bar..

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, should ask Villas-Boas to buy few pieces of RM5 reload voucher so that every 50 days do a top up to make the line active.

woh every 50days top up rm$5 mean every yr have rm$30 top up inside.

how to use finish.... :s13::s13:

my Tron value inside still alots every time go in JB only make afew call and seldom use data.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you know in advance the location you are visiting, you can check the coverage map to ensure that the service provider cover that area well.
Such coverage map can only be used as a reference, unless you're not really bothered about the quality of network connection you get.

my Tron value inside still alots every time go in JB only make afew call and seldom use data.
So stick to your Tron card if it fits your kind of usage.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can use the credit balance to get an Internet pack...

sebastlim11

Reaction score
The Hotlink fast, 2GB/RM30. 1GB for 3G the other 1GB Is for 4G. What if I don't have a 4G phone can I still use the other 1GB supposedly for 4G phones?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Hotlink fast, 2GB/RM30. 1GB for 3G the other 1GB Is for 4G. What if I don't have a 4G phone can I still use the other 1GB supposedly for 4G phones?

Extracted from their FAQ:

How can I enjoy 4G/LTE quota on FAST Internet Passes?

i.Ensure that you are using a 4G LTE enabled device.
ii.Make sure you have a 4G LTE enabled SIM (visit your nearest Maxis Centre to upgrade your SIM).
iii.Turn on 4G or LTE on your mobile device.
iv.Ensure that you are within 4G LTE coverage area.

From above statement, you may not able to enjoy the 4G/LTE quota .

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh...Any reliable 3G/4G dual-SIM phone to recommend ? :)
Try to get dual-SIM phone that has both slots 4G-capable, then you can capture 4G speeds without having to swap the SIM cards. ;)

Samsung Duo sim phone from JB KSL Samsung Center
Good to double-check before going across each time you think of dual-SIM phones. Samsung SG has started bringing in more dual-SIM models lately, so prices can be more competitive from certain local sources.

Examples: A5 RM1599, A7 RM1899.

So far never use any android phones...

HTC phones not bad.
I got the HTC at that time coz it's the only 5-inch model that's 4G-capable on both slots. Still using it all this while. :)

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More economical to just buy a xiaomi. All dual slot dual 4g sin card models. With local warranty. Recommend...

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exp or not? Never use Android phone before, what about WIFI connection?

I will highly recommend redmi note 2 @ $229 - http://www.mi.com/sg/note2/

This will be a decent main phone as well.

If you just looking for a dual 4g sim to hotspot, redmi 2 @ $149 will be good enough

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.