[Official] Tom Clancy's The Division

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The dark zone is gangster style mobbing PVP. Going in alone is futile waste of time.

They will really need to address this with some structured PVP or alternate battleground-ish pvp. Or casuals will just do the raiding that will be in game and leave PVP alone

:(:(:(:(:(:(

But but.....the best gear ish can ONLY be found with PVP points :(

Sigghhhzzzz......if that's the only route then ish must wait and see what kind of aniti cheats they implementing then find way to crack liao =(

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The dark zone is gangster style mobbing PVP. Going in alone is futile waste of time.

They will really need to address this with some structured PVP or alternate battleground-ish pvp. Or casuals will just do the raiding that will be in game and leave PVP alone

if u dun want to pvp or feel out-matched it's fine to avoid the DZ. can still get the same loot and gear via crafting.

there is no reason to go into the DZ other than for PvP and maybe the loot. your normal skills etc will still need to do PvE to gain level and unlock anyways. so those PvPers will still have to do PvE missions etc to unlock their skills.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sigghhhzzzz......if that's the only route then ish must wait and see what kind of aniti cheats they implementing then find way to crack liao =(

nope. i'm sure the same gear can be crafted for PvEers. just that crafting is not available in the beta.

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u dun want to pvp or feel out-matched it's fine to avoid the DZ. can still get the same loot and gear via crafting.

there is no reason to go into the DZ other than for PvP and maybe the loot. your normal skills etc will still need to do PvE to gain level and unlock anyways. so those PvPers will still have to do PvE missions etc to unlock their skills.

:love::love::love::love:

Oh! Can craft good stuff comparable to darkzone gear too? SWEEE LAH!!!!!
Heng I ish ordered the Gold edition the moment it's for sale :D

Infid3lity

Reaction score

Go rogue with a team and try to survive the timer. You'll be rewarded with a huge amount of dz currency. Managed to get a few high end gear with this method.

Solo wise, not advised since dz is worse than the wild wild west.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buttie, any tips to get darkzone points fast? Dayum...those chinese players are good....so fast they are decked out in super expensive and rare gear liao.....

I ish play solo...only hunt AIs no engage in pvp unless someone shoots me :(

Can gib me some pro tips?

play with friends, know when to engage, when to disengage. be tactically aware of the surroundings, NPCs and other players. keep team mates informed. and know which skills to use. then just grind.

already hit max DZ level. but i think this beta the leveling is accelerated.

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go rogue with a team and try to survive the timer. You'll be rewarded with a huge amount of dz currency. Managed to get a few high end gear with this method.

Solo wise, not advised since dz is worse than the wild wild west.

nope. i'm sure the same gear can be crafted for PvEers. just that crafting is not available in the beta.

Thank chiu all for giving me tips!!! I truly appreciate it :D:s12::love:

shidenx

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For the beta la.... the game suppose to have raiding. Dunno how on earth that concept will work. Destiny style?

PVP really needs working on as well like i mentioned. If it remains like this it is Very boring for me. Structured pvp (2v2, 3v3,4v4) and battlegrounds where you fight others that pledge to other factions might help.

Lastly if they pull in the DLC style of rolling out content (
DLC for raiding? 45.99. New PVP content? $23.99. Want to access your own faction/pledge to new faction xpac? $50.)? I will not buy this game.

*cough weeze des...-tiny..

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
play with friends, know when to engage, when to disengage. be tactically aware of the surroundings, NPCs and other players. keep team mates informed. and know which skills to use. then just grind.

Yah i think so too....I remember farming the Dr. mission over and over again on Hard just to get level 8 last round...this round seems faster :s12::s12::s12:

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the beta la.... the game suppose to have raiding. Dunno how on earth that concept will work. Destiny style?

PVP really needs working on as well like i mentioned. If it remains like this it is Very boring for me. Structured pvp (2v2, 3v3,4v4) and battlegrounds where you fight others that pledge to other factions might help.

Lastly if they pull in the DLC style of rolling out content (
DLC for raiding? 45.99. New PVP content? $23.99. Want to access your own faction/pledge to new faction xpac? $50.)? I will not buy this game.

*cough weeze des...-tiny..

Yah destiny was a total let down....the story was unsatisfying too :(
It had SOOOOO much potential to be epic =..(

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I really need to work on SA man...hahah :s13:
Me happily engage one AI suddenly another AI appear from behind me and kill me :s13: Or a sudden rouge agent just run past and gun me down LOLOL

BiomedicalPasta

Master Member
Reaction score
Quite boring when you play alone.
You need a group.
I dont think I will pay for season pass though.

I killed some player, kope his loot. Extracted them out but got backstabbed. Thats the end of beta for me.

Infid3lity

Reaction score
Quite boring when you play alone.
You need a group.
I dont think I will pay for season pass though.

I killed some player, kope his loot. Extracted them out but got backstabbed. Thats the end of beta for me.

Alone mostly for story based. Dz definitely in a group just to fight against AI. I played on ps4 and just team up with random stranger without and mic whatsoever so its just follow the leader.

shidenx

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Personally i feel that this approach hurts the game for newcomers/those who solo or have few friends that play this game with. It discourages them to PVP because like you said, dont go in its fine. Everyone just go PVE and carebear since its the same loot.

Then you will see a huge imbalance in terms of player skill, player population and interest.
-Organized people get to farm up nice loot easily in DZ with lots of guild mates. Rapes everyone that foolishly ventures inside alone.
-Carebears all in raid getting their loot and no motivation to even try PVP because they cant be as organized or get turned off by the style.

Game gets split up into balancing PVP and PVE gear because they should be equally hard to get and give the same stats else why even pvp or pve? This will swing back and forth causing unhappiness in the type of loot drop and how it was attained.

Sounds familiar to some people here? I just described something similar to wow's struggle to balance pvp and pve gear till this very day.

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally i feel that this approach hurts the game for newcomers/those who solo or have few friends that play this game with. It discourages them to PVP because like you said, dont go in its fine. Everyone just go PVE and carebear since its the same loot.

Then you will see a huge imbalance in terms of player skill, player population and interest.
-Organized people get to farm up nice loot easily in DZ with lots of guild mates. Rapes everyone that foolishly ventures inside alone.
-Carebears all in raid getting their loot and no motivation to even try PVP because they cant be as organized or get turned off by the style.

Game gets split up into balancing PVP and PVE gear because they should be equally hard to get and give the same stats else why even pvp or pve? This will swing back and forth causing unhappiness in the type of loot drop and how it was attained.

Sounds familiar to some people here? I just described something similar to wow's struggle to balance pvp and pve gear till this very day.

I prefer ubisoft's style as compared to Blizzard's...in diablo 3 everyone is forced to play with strangers....because the benefits of group play far outweighs playing alone.....

I caught up with my friend who played D3 purely solo for 2 years in just less than 1 month simply by joining public games.....the drop rate is better etc etc

I didn't enjoy it...because I love playing alone...so I can read the lore....slowly calculate individual stat changes for my build.....slowly sort out my inventory etc etc and kill every single monster in the rift b4 closing and salvage every single piece of loot.

Can't do those in public game.

shidenx

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I prefer ubisoft's style as compared to Blizzard's...in diablo 3 everyone is forced to play with strangers....because the benefits of group play far outweighs playing alone.....

I caught up with my friend who played D3 purely solo for 2 years in just less than 1 month simply by joining public games.....the drop rate is better etc etc

I didn't enjoy it...because I love playing alone...so I can read the lore....slowly calculate individual stat changes for my build.....slowly sort out my inventory etc etc and kill every single monster in the rift b4 closing and salvage every single piece of loot.

Can't do those in public game.
i think you belong to old school RPG player group. :D Don't take it negatively, its cool to like the RPG element like lore and figuring out things yourself. Less people are liking that nowadays sadly.

Playing in a party is always better for progression/interaction. Doesn't matter what game we are talking about. Whether it is match made/fake-i-dunno-you-but-got-benefit-in-a-party/clan guilds who know each other well.

But casual people who solo need help or they will just drop off. Since the solo content pvp or pve wise is shiat. Will you play D3 if by choice you want to solo but the game is made to only be fun/doable in a party? Or solo game play will give you shiat loot that doesnt allow you to play on par with the cool boys? This is a real problem for games today imo.

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think you belong to old school RPG player group. :D Don't take it negatively, its cool to like the RPG element like lore and figuring out things yourself. Less people are liking that nowadays sadly.

Playing in a party is always better for progression/interaction. Doesn't matter what game we are talking about. Whether it is match made/fake-i-dunno-you-but-got-benefit-in-a-party/clan guilds who know each other well.

But casual people who solo need help or they will just drop off. Since the solo content pvp or pve wise is shiat. Will you play D3 if by choice you want to solo but the game is made to only be fun/doable in a party? Or solo game play will give you shiat loot that doesnt allow you to play on par with the cool boys? This is a real problem for games today imo.

Yeah...I guess that the challenge for developers of mmorpg games these days..how to find that "sweet spot" that balance for those who like to play solo and for those who love group play....how to not let either side feel too over shortchanged without breaking the game.

Ahaha yeap.. I am an old school rpg guy....=:p
That's why I immediately fell in love with grim dawn.....I LOVE d3 too...but it's far too much of a grindfest...and it's a drag to play solo....the rng in d3 is unforgiving.....I cube sooo many weapons and yet I can't find one with good stats to replace my current gear.....dragfest man.....:(

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You do know that the DZ is split into different DZ level instances right? Just like other games with an element of PvP / PvE, you can't just twink or grief as you like. If you are too high level in the DZ, you can't go to a lower level DZ and grief or grab their gear etc. But the opposite is perfectly fine. Brought a couple of my friends into Level 8 DZ to just unlock a few things, but even then they can't use the loot - too high level for them. (And it takes up precious space in their stash)

i like it how folks can be a negative nancy just by their limited experience from a not so fully-featured beta. :)

So I'm not going to convince you that the game is for u. From your replies so far, the Division probably is not for you. And that is the same warning I have told many in my gaming community. And that's fine. Some like it, some don't. But I encourage them to give the Open Beta a try. I rather players be aware of what they are getting themselves into. Save them money and saves me having to listen to their ranting. :)

But I want you and everyone else reading to understand a few things on loot drops in The Division DZ (if they have not learned yet in the few days of this open beta).

1. Loot is completely random stats. I've seen drops from guns, scopes, backpacks all the way to cosmetics like scarfs.
2. I've seen same same weapon-type drops produce completely different damage levels. Both in DZ and PvE.
3. Each agent can carry a fixed amount of contaminated items before they need to extract. Rule applies to everyone. And also recall that the stash is limited as well.
4. No one knows what an agent is extracting. Or what they can loot from a dead agent. And the only thing they can steal from you is what you are attempting to extract. What you already own in your inventory cannot be looted. (Side note: In this beta I've seen PERSONAL items dropped. These are yours only - no one else can loot - but it becomes a corpse run and I suspect this is to avoid teams of roving PvPers which are 'friendly' to one another or working together)
5. Rogues will have a timer that makes them appear on the map and will notify all other nearby agents. If these rogue agents are successful at attacking / killing or get shot at by other agents, their timer increases and they stay open to attacks from everyone, until they reach manhunt status (zone-wide notification). Giving everyone in the zone opportunity to attack them.
6. Eventually attacker will run out of ammo. (remember, Rogue agents cannot enter safehouses or checkpoints to rearm)
7. And they still need to extract with their stolen loot. :) (the entire cycle repeats itself)

So if you think really carefully, this isn't the usual PvP that you are familiar with. Where loot is the end-all of the game. Because there is the other factors like skills and the use of tactics. And this is not a Battlefield or COD or arena / team deathmatch or sandbox PvP brawl (flavor of the month PVP mode anyone?). The PvP in The Division is more like game of police and thief - where teamwork, skill and tactics are rewarded. And this is something which I personally find very interesting.

It's fine to not agree with the game's PvP style. The Division's Dark Zone is definitely not for everyone. Just please don't try and make it sound like casuals are the victim or that the PvP play field is not balanced for them. Everyone has to start at the same level and work their way up to where they are.

shidenx

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You do know that the DZ is split into different DZ level instances right? Just like other games with an element of PvP / PvE, you can't just twink or grief as you like. If you are too high level in the DZ, you can't go to a lower level DZ and grief or grab their gear etc. But the opposite is perfectly fine. Brought a couple of my friends into Level 8 DZ to just unlock a few things, but even then they can't use the loot - too high level for them. (And it takes up precious space in their stash)

i like it how folks can be a negative nancy just by their limited experience from a not so fully-featured beta. :)

So I'm not going to convince you that the game is for u. From your replies so far, the Division probably is not for you. And that is the same warning I have told many in my gaming community. And that's fine. Some like it, some don't. But I encourage them to give the Open Beta a try. I rather players be aware of what they are getting themselves into. Save them money and saves me having to listen to their ranting. :)

But I want you and everyone else reading to understand a few things on loot drops in The Division DZ (if they have not learned yet in the few days of this open beta).

1. Loot is completely random stats. I've seen drops from guns, scopes, backpacks all the way to cosmetics like scarfs.
2. I've seen same same weapon-type drops produce completely different damage levels. Both in DZ and PvE.
3. Each agent can carry a fixed amount of contaminated items before they need to extract. Rule applies to everyone. And also recall that the stash is limited as well.
4. No one knows what an agent is extracting. Or what they can loot from a dead agent. And the only thing they can steal from you is what you are attempting to extract. What you already own in your inventory cannot be looted. (Side note: In this beta I've seen PERSONAL items dropped. These are yours only - no one else can loot - but it becomes a corpse run and I suspect this is to avoid teams of roving PvPers which are 'friendly' to one another or working together)
5. Rogues will have a timer that makes them appear on the map and will notify all other nearby agents. If these rogue agents are successful at attacking / killing or get shot at by other agents, their timer increases and they stay open to attacks from everyone, until they reach manhunt status (zone-wide notification). Giving everyone in the zone opportunity to attack them.
6. Eventually attacker will run out of ammo. (remember, Rogue agents cannot enter safehouses or checkpoints to rearm)
7. And they still need to extract with their stolen loot. :) (the entire cycle repeats itself)

So if you think really carefully, this isn't the usual PvP that you are familiar with. Where loot is the end-all of the game. Because there is the other factors like skills and the use of tactics. And this is not a Battlefield or COD or arena / team deathmatch or sandbox PvP brawl (flavor of the month PVP mode anyone?). The PvP in The Division is more like game of police and thief - where teamwork, skill and tactics are rewarded. And this is something which I personally find very interesting.

It's fine to not agree with the game's PvP style. The Division's Dark Zone is definitely not for everyone. Just please don't try and make it sound like casuals are the victim or that the PvP play field is not balanced for them. Everyone has to start at the same level and work their way up to where they are.
I didn't mention about gear or level. I was talking about organised gank groups because solo players will never be able to enjoy the Pvp game until they team up. They will effectively be stuck till they get help and that penalise solo game play that some people choose to or have no choice over.

I personally find it hilarious that you are offended by a legit concern :s13: I usually play in a group btw but if it can't be played alone I think it's just poor design and ruins the life span of the game.

Pvp and pve are equal elements that need balance and thought over for the developers. That's all I bring across.

Don't get me over the topic of randomized destiny style loot. A low rank item can get better stats than a higher level item? If talking to fan boys who defend shiat doesn't make me not buy this game. I think the loot design will.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.