Wireless IP Camera thread

desatans

Reaction score
Thanks to Dean, I was the few lucky ones to test and own one of their upcoming model, PT597V. Note that this model is a different one from barrios' 603V(6x zoom if i heard correctly). Below are sample snapshot between 593V and 597V. :)

593V. 1280x720
xOUw00p.jpg

597V. 1280x960
Hum5GdY.jpg

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Dean, I was the few lucky ones to test and own one of their upcoming model, PT597V. Note that this model is a different one from barrios' 603V(6x zoom if i heard correctly). Below are sample snapshot between 593V and 597V. :)

593V. 1280x720
xOUw00p.jpg

597V. 1280x960
Hum5GdY.jpg

i also want to test for free!

your the house damn big.

barrios

Reaction score
I think it's better not to jump straight to the widest angle ipcam as the images tend to be smaller. Get one that suits your room size.

The 6x zoom is actually digital zoom and not optical zoom. Meaning your recorded image will not be affected by the zooming.

desatans

Reaction score
i also want to test for free!

your the house damn big.

Thanks batniss. 😊

Found that the sineoji utility unable to support the new 960p cam this morning , and reported to Dean abt it. Immediately their team resolved it and uploaded the new version. It works now.

r2cVNWo.jpg

goodwin

Reaction score
I have the privilege of testing out the new Sineoji 603V 960p (1.3MP) ipcam with a 130 degree (enhanced) viewing angle. Just to share the perspective between the 593V and 603V:

593v_125.jpg

593V

603v_enhanced_130.jpg

603V

Physically, the new cam is slightly smaller than the 593V and very similar to the 492V.

Perfect view at the living room.

What's the price ?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks batniss. 😊

Found that the sineoji utility unable to support the new 960p cam this morning , and reported to Dean abt it. Immediately their team resolved it and uploaded the new version. It works now.

r2cVNWo.jpg

forever speedy. thumbs up for sineoji

goodwin

Reaction score
Is the new Sineoji 603 available at the stores yet ? It is not online yet. Those who have tested, does it have the same power as the PT593 ?

barrios

Reaction score
Is the new Sineoji 603 available at the stores yet ? It is not online yet. Those who have tested, does it have the same power as the PT593 ?
Power? If you mean the power supply, it's using the same power adapter as the 593. Should be available in March.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
i just heard from my father that, his friend's house catched on fire. due to IP Cams.

take note when buying IPCams, don't go anyhow to buy cheap exported IPCams. with no IDA Approved and safety mark

your life is more important over you saving a few bucks to buy unknown or exported IPCams from china.

if house kena fire is gone case liao. end up spend more

if you want buy atleast buy from challenger or something

i am not saying if you buy IDA Approved and safety mark approved your house won't catch on fire due to IPCams but the chances of it catching fire is reduced

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just heard from my father that, his friend's house catched on fire. due to IP Cams.

take note when buying IPCams, don't go anyhow to buy cheap exported IPCams. with no IDA Approved and safety mark

your life is more important over you saving a few bucks to buy unknown or exported IPCams from china.

if house kena fire is gone case liao. end up spend more

if you want buy atleast buy from challenger or something

i am not saying if you buy IDA Approved and safety mark approved your house won't catch on fire due to IPCams but the chances of it catching fire is reduced

quote for truth.

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, after looking at the thread with regards to the brands that are more popular. Sineoj seems to be better because there are good support and do provide onsite installation for us. But with regards to other brands such as D-Link, Aztech brands why they are less mentioned??

And lastly, Does Sineoji normally have promotion during IT show and will there be installation provided if we purchase from there ?

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
hi guys, after looking at the thread with regards to the brands that are more popular. Sineoj seems to be better because there are good support and do provide onsite installation for us. But with regards to other brands such as D-Link, Aztech brands why they are less mentioned??

And lastly, Does Sineoji normally have promotion during IT show and will there be installation provided if we purchase from there ?

for me at least is the on site and after sales service that you get from sineoji products.

i doubt you will get on site support/installation / after sales with other brands or they charge you a fee for such services.

i believe most brands do have promotions during IT Fairs

as for sineoji, their promotions are via their estore. ( atleast that is what i have observed so far)

as what i have been told. they will provide installation services. as long as its their product:D

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me at least is the on site and after sales service that you get from sineoji products.

i doubt you will get on site support/installation / after sales with other brands or they charge you a fee for such services.

i believe most brands do have promotions during IT Fairs

as for sineoji, their promotions are via their estore. ( atleast that is what i have observed so far)

as what i have been told. they will provide installation services. as long as its their product:D

Thank you for the quite reply. Seems like i will get it from sineoji during the it show.
The two newer models will be released at the same time right:s12::s12:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

either that or contact Dean for more information? Yes, their warranty is on-site support / installation.

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[Review] Sineoji PT603V 960P HD Review

Sineoji PT603V 960P HD - Wireless IP Camera with Ultra Wide Angle Lens Review
(Thank Dean-Sineoji for both the service and support!)
Note*: I do not represent Sineoji and has gotten their permission to post my “review” in here

http://www.sineoji.com/products/products-details/pt603v-hd-960p

PT_IP_01.png

Sineoji recently subtly released its new PT603V with 1.3 MegaPixel HD Wireless Pan & Tilt Wireless IP Camera coupled with an extremely wide angle lens of 130 to 148 degrees wide. It also records at a resolution of up to 1280x960

597-2.jpg

*Image taken from Sineoji Page

The camera comes in white and feature the same goodies as the previous model which I have from them, the PT495V 720P HD IP camera. With its Instant swift action to view your footage from either your phone or computer as well as a 4x Motion Detection with Alarm Monitoring Recording to record directly into its enormous support of 128GB microSD card and/or to your FTP server.

Camera lens is installed with approximately 13 infrared LEDs that allows the camera to view as far as 10 meters in no light condition. The Sineoji, I have to admit, till date is still one of the easiest camera to be configured and installed.
Setup process is relatively straightforward thanks to the smart Sineoji mobile app that allows effortless camera management. - Excellent for people who know nuts about IT and wants to perform the installation by yourself.

On Desktop, the camera is noticeably more responsive when you use Internet Explorer. The Sineoji PT603V provides extremely sharp video image and is complemented by a wide spectrum of features.
Once again, I’d like to thanks Dean for allowing me to lay my hands on one of the un-released camera.

Some un-boxing pictures:

Camera - Unbox
25z5ul2.jpg

(left to right): box, quick installation guide, warranty t&c, software installation (which i did not use), IP camera, screws, power adapter, RJ45 cable(which I did not use), mounting bracket

Camera - Front
11jsygl.jpg

Camera - Back
5ytaw8.jpg

Camera Comparison (left: PT495V, right: PT603V)
2j3in2w.jpg

Pros:
- 4 x Motion Detection
- ONVIF supported
- Preset settings stored and accurately goes back to the preset settings.
- Setup is extremely straight forward (android app - one key)
- Supports 128GB microsd card
- Ultra wide angle lens - probably the widest (130-148 degrees)
- Wireless setup all the way out from the box
- Work as it intended to be, in fact even more!
- 3 years of on-site warranty support & installation

Cons:
- 1.3MP is good, but can be better as competitor is only on 2MP right now
- Capped maximum video record time (10mins from the previous 15mins on the previous model)
- Revamping of interface on desktop is required - controls are still missing despite supported
- Lack of microUSB for power input
- Mediocre design (their PT595V looks damn good though)
- Unable to use it as a wireless extender

Controls available
2mzmygz.jpg

Missing controls on my browser (both IE and FF)
alarm_men.html - alarm page
ddns_men.html - 3th DDNS (to configure your custom DDNS)
tplatform_men.html - P2p enable / disable
upnp_men.html - UPnP Port Forwarding
addport_men.html - add more camera page
alarmaudio_men.html - to enable/disable audio alarm
md_men.html - enable / disable motion detection window
videoshade_men.html - enable / disable video masking to block recording for some sensitive areas
sd/ - access of SD card remotely

*Sineoji will announce the price soon.
*Came here to take a breather from the other fiasco happening on the other side.

*will update more once i have spare time.

hope it helps.

Last edited:

doran_lum

Reaction score
If I need a IP camera which needs to be hidden, any model to recommend ?

would also need to be easy to setup and use because it will be manage by my gf. One of the reason is that she have encounter several things missing a few times (money and gold) from her room so she know it's family member and she just want to know who.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.