Wireless IP Camera thread

goodwin

Reaction score
Just want to give a shout out to Dean from Sineoji for the superb customer service.

I got a webcam from Sineoji last week and support provided was excellent. Prior to that i got a pair 1800E from Sineoji and promised him to share my speedtest result

I'm using M1 1Gbps and achieving constant 400+mbps with 1800E. Never updated any firmware, just plug and play pretty straightforward.

Previously was using Aztech 500mbp but speed was capped at 200mbs thus decided to make the switch.

http://postimg.org/image/5y9hicizd/

461 download / 477 upload. Not sure if it's normal to have a higher upload than download. Perhaps dean or any expert can shed some light.

Saw this latest post from the bandwidth discussion thread. Thumbs up for Sineoji.

I have placed the order for the 597v camera today. Rang them and check on the delivery status, it will reach me by tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

sgkean

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new in here. I have few Vstarcam C7824WIP but some issues with them. I've already updated all cams to latest firmware and use the latest control application from Vstarcam official website.

1) Auto reboot: all of them will auto reboot few times a day which will lead to my cams face to the position that I'm not wanted after reboot.
2) PTZ preset not working properly after reboot: the preset works fine while I login to my cams to "set" and "call" them but the presets 1-16 will out of position after reboot so the PTZ preset doesn't help me to fix the issue 1 above after auto reboot.
3) How to play the .264 record file: I can watch the recording file ".264" format via the Vstarcam Windows application but the interface of it does good enough for me. I've managed to download the .264 files to my computer but it seems not many video players support it. I've managed to open the by using VLC player but unable to adjust the time / fast forward / bast backward / no sound at all. Please advise how to play them without such issues. I mainly use Mac OS X so I don't prefer to use Windows to watch them.

Please help me for solving these issues, thanks.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new in here. I have few Vstarcam C7824WIP but some issues with them. I've already updated all cams to latest firmware and use the latest control application from Vstarcam official website.

1) Auto reboot: all of them will auto reboot few times a day which will lead to my cams face to the position that I'm not wanted after reboot.
2) PTZ preset not working properly after reboot: the preset works fine while I login to my cams to "set" and "call" them but the presets 1-16 will out of position after reboot so the PTZ preset doesn't help me to fix the issue 1 above after auto reboot.
3) How to play the .264 record file: I can watch the recording file ".264" format via the Vstarcam Windows application but the interface of it does good enough for me. I've managed to download the .264 files to my computer but it seems not many video players support it. I've managed to open the by using VLC player but unable to adjust the time / fast forward / bast backward / no sound at all. Please advise how to play them without such issues. I mainly use Mac OS X so I don't prefer to use Windows to watch them.

firstly, VStarcam IPCams server may have been compromised.

i don't think it might be safe to use them

as for your issues, please contact vstarcam Tech support

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I saw someone else reported this issue as well and its not fixed (all of the above). You should contact marix to see if they are willing to swap something for you or not.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
I saw someone else reported this issue as well and its not fixed (all of the above). You should contact marix to see if they are willing to swap something for you or not.

marix has dropped the ball on vstarcam

they no longer sell vstarcam

which tells you something is seriously wrong:o

vvaness40

Reaction score
Bought the sineoji pt597v at sim lim square yesterday. Tried it out and the ultra wide angle is really nice :D I will mount it today and get a screenshot. Night vision is sharp too, play around the camera settings on the web ui.

20160228_104128.jpg

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the sineoji pt597v at sim lim square yesterday. Tried it out and the ultra wide angle is really nice :D I will mount it today and get a screenshot. Night vision is sharp too, play around the camera settings on the web ui.

20160228_104128.jpg

good choice, if you need help can post here since we have the same brand is easier to help each other out.

sgkean

Reaction score
firstly, VStarcam IPCams server may have been compromised.

i don't think it might be safe to use them

as for your issues, please contact vstarcam Tech support

Why do you say the Vstarcam server has been compromised? Any reliable source to support it?

goodwin

Reaction score
should have waited, sigh...but i bought it earlier last week, it was delivered and installed from sineoji.

Saw the promo for the sineoji 597v going for $179 at their estore. Camera overall was good, the angle was able to cover my entire dining hall and the living hall.

Any folks can advise how do I know download all the recorded videos on the sdcard to my safari browser ?

Last edited:

vvaness40

Reaction score
should have waited, sigh...but i bought it earlier last week, it was delivered and installed from sineoji.

Saw the promo for the sineoji 597v going for $179 at their estore. Camera overall was good, the angle was able to cover my entire dining hall and the living hall.

Any folks can advise how do I know download all the recorded videos on the sdcard to my safari browser ?

Bro I am not too sure for Safari on Mac but if you have Google Chrome, you can download the entire video from your micro sdcard to your computer.

Download Flashgot all. When you log in to your micro sdcard of your camera from the chrome browser, right mouse of your mouse by placing your cursor anywhere on the browser and select flashgotall. All your videos recorded on your microsd card will be downloaded to your computer. I believed it works the same way as for mac.

I got the 597V too and the super wide angle is fantastic !

balboa_sg

Suspended
Reaction score
Viewing angle from Sineoji PT495V, PT593V and PT603V

PT495V
PT495.jpg

PT593V
PT593.jpg

PT603V
603.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.