Krisflyer miles redemption

Syuushuke

Reaction score
Hi, my fiancee and I intend to sign 2 KrisFlyer Ascend cards to earn the bonus 35000 miles from each card. Is this a good move or should we look at other cards? As we would need to pay $256.20 for each Ascend card's annual fees.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Hi, my fiancee and I intend to sign 2 KrisFlyer Ascend cards to earn the bonus 35000 miles from each card. Is this a good move or should we look at other cards? As we would need to pay $256.20 for each Ascend card's annual fees.
How many points will be awarded after paying your annual fee?
Citibank charges $192 for annual fee, gives 10k point per renewal.

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks not bad! 35000 bonus KF miles when you spend $10k in the first 3 months upon card approval.

My calculation :

Spend $10256.80 (including annual fees)

Get 5000 bonus miles
Get 8333 miles when you spend $10000 (1 KF mile for every $1.2 spent, and assuming annual fees cannot get miles accrual.
Get 35000 bonus miles

Total miles : 48333

Thus S$1 = 4.7 miles.

Not bad actually! I'm thinking of getting this card too as my house is ready in the next few months and need to pay for purchases.

Please correct if my calculation is wrong..

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can also try asking in thr credit cards forum. They might have other opinions on it n perhaps recommend similar cards.

Solo_Apple

Reaction score
Looks not bad! 35000 bonus KF miles when you spend $10k in the first 3 months upon card approval.

My calculation :

Spend $10256.80 (including annual fees)

Get 5000 bonus miles
Get 8333 miles when you spend $10000 (1 KF mile for every $1.2 spent, and assuming annual fees cannot get miles accrual.
Get 35000 bonus miles

Total miles : 48333

Thus S$1 = 4.7 miles.

Not bad actually! I'm thinking of getting this card too as my house is ready in the next few months and need to pay for purchases.

Please correct if my calculation is wrong..

Get DBS women better if you do online shopping.

S$1 = 4 miles. Max $2000 per month.

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get DBS women better if you do online shopping.

S$1 = 4 miles. Max $2000 per month.

Thanks! Hmm I can't find the info online.. Is it for any online payment (motor insurance etc) or only shopping websites (eg ASOS)?

Syuushuke

Reaction score

Another concern is if the miles are from 2 different accounts, will it be worth, as I thought that miles redemption can be more worth it for 2-to-go?

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello qns: if me and my wives have our individual miles, and we wan to redeem the miles for a trip, the only way is to have separate bookings? assumption is our individual miles cannot redeem two tickets.

also, can use miles to pay for taxes, surcharges, or any applicable discount.??

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello qns: if me and my wives have our individual miles, and we wan to redeem the miles for a trip, the only way is to have separate bookings? assumption is our individual miles cannot redeem two tickets.

also, can use miles to pay for taxes, surcharges, or any applicable discount.??

You can use yours to book one way in order to get everybody on same booking. Then use your wife for the return leg.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can use yours to book one way in order to get everybody on same booking. Then use your wife for the return leg.

hi, meaning i redeem for 1 way trip for both of us? then she does the same for us?

was looking at seoul ecomony class, the surcharge is actually 300+

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Only disadvantage here is if you want to get stopovers. Then one way savers do not give free stopovers, whereas, round trip saver award does.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The other way would be booking separately and then calling SQ to link the two PNRs together. But will be riskier that may not be seated together and cant share the weight allocation.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was looking at sin-seoul vs sin-narita surcharge . wa biang for seoul the YQ is 360 while narita one is below 100.

what gives?

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

ok i answered my own qn ... after booking 2 one-leg flight in 1 booking, and another in another booking, i notied the return leg surcharge is only 68K KRW i.e. 70SGD only ...much cheaprer than the departure leg :o

sky1977

Reaction score
ok i answered my own qn ... after booking 2 one-leg flight in 1 booking, and another in another booking, i notied the return leg surcharge is only 68K KRW i.e. 70SGD only ...much cheaprer than the departure leg :o
Yes to Korea must book 2 separate 1 way

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.