2017 Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many people u know will be willing to pay $1.5k for a Pixel XL?

Besides, I like the fact only a very small minority is holding a Pixel or XL :)
Wish Google/ LG can look at Singapore! We need to have official Pixel 2 phone and Google Home to be sold here since we are left out for Pixel (2016) and waiting for official Google Play Music All Access is like waiting for human to land on Mars. Apple got iTunes Music for purchase and streaming with Apple Music for years, spotify is also here but not Google Play Music and allow us to have the option to save YouTube video (offline) for Singapore. Lol.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Then they should just stick with Nexus instead of Pixel as I recalled them saying all design is by Google hence the new Pixel was borned. All Nexus phones were reasonably priced but Pixel is premium. Besides, how can they have Pixel and the XL looked and spec(??) so different? It doesn't make sense

Yup, designed by Google. It's not stated anywhere that they are not designed by Google. Whatever internally, we don't know. We only know the finished product, not the design/manufacturing processes, etc.

I am not sure how you got the conclusion that Pixel 2 or Pixel XL 2 will have "so different" spec. The screen will be diff yes, but spec won't, just like current Pixel and Pixel XL. Having said that, I believe there will be hardware ZSL support in Pixel XL 2, but not in Pixel.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, designed by Google. It's not stated anywhere that they are not designed by Google. Whatever internally, we don't know. We only know the finished product, not the design/manufacturing processes, etc.

I am not sure how you got the conclusion that Pixel 2 or Pixel XL 2 will have "so different" spec. The screen will be diff yes, but spec won't, just like current Pixel and Pixel XL. Having said that, I believe there will be hardware ZSL support in Pixel XL 2, but not in Pixel.

In case you haven't noticed, I put a double question mark for a reason. The look and spec different becos the pixel 2 has front firing speakers (from the look similar to a N6P) while the v30 looking XL2 won't hv. It's not just a simple screen size difference like the pixel and pixel XL but very different phones from the 2 OEM companies. They should just bring back Nexus if they are going back the same route like before

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will LG launch the XL2 here like what they did to nexus 4??

Wahhhhh......of they do I'll definitely get it, my 6p is dying

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed, I put a double question mark for a reason. The look and spec different becos the pixel 2 has front firing speakers (from the look similar to a N6P) while the v30 looking XL2 won't hv. It's not just a simple screen size difference like the pixel and pixel XL but very different phones from the 2 OEM companies. They should just bring back Nexus if they are going back the same route like before

Yes, I know and aware of your question marks.

Actually, if you look at the leak pics carefully, you may notice, at least I noticed the Pixel XL 2 also got a speaker grill at the bottom.

Well, the Nexus program was designed to serve a purpose, while Pixel is for a different purpose, hence can't be compared just because Google asked two different OEM companies to manufacture the phone. We are in no position to say how/what Google has done differently internally with Nexus and Pixel.

Sure, there will be two different OEM companies producing Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2, but how one would know they are not using mostly the same components? As a start, the SOC and camera sensor will most likely be the same between Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Pixel-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.