HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2017 Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL!! - Part 2

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #1831

Serious question. Anybody update to Q and once in a while will get the screen glitch? It just happen to my phone. Is it the software or the hardware problem? If so, how do I check the warranty of my phone?

And another thing that I took note of is that after updating to Q. There's a 2 tone on my navigation gesture bar and my main screen. Isit normal or hardware problem as well?

Thanks in advance. Hope you guys get what I'm trying to say...
shimesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #1832
Supremacy Member

Oh, btw today qoo10 has 30 off 200 coupon.
https://special.qoo10.sg/DynamicAD/3...6824,655452380

I'm seeing $369 on qoo10, how to at least get the $20 off on qoo10? Thanks
Alexz_Hong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #1833

Oh, btw today qoo10 has 30 off 200 coupon.
https://special.qoo10.sg/DynamicAD/3...6824,655452380
I can't seem to be able to get the $30 voucher, need some token to exchange? Wth is a Mameq?
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #1834
Supremacy Member

I can't seem to be able to get the $30 voucher, need some token to exchange? Wth is a Mameq?
https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Event/qchance.aspx
go spin roulette see can get mameQ or 30 off 200 or not lor.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #1835

Serious question. Anybody update to Q and once in a while will get the screen glitch? It just happen to my phone. Is it the software or the hardware problem? If so, how do I check the warranty of my phone?

And another thing that I took note of is that after updating to Q. There's a 2 tone on my navigation gesture bar and my main screen. Isit normal or hardware problem as well?

The 2 tone you're describing is most likely screen burn-in that only becomes apparent after the nav bar size changed in Android 10 due to gestures.. Switch back to standard 3 button set up and you'd not see the two tone but it's just a cosmetic fix (and aggravate the differential in screen burn-in rates between the nav bar row and the upper portion). Would be better to stick to gestures and hope that the burn-in becomes less obvious after some time.
simply.90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:25 PM   #1836
Arch-Supremacy Member

Screen glitch as in?
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #1837
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://s.lazada.sg/s.TTm2

Does anyone feel this is too good to be true?
Here pixel 2 not 3. Don't need to post all over.

So obvious it's a scam.

Sent from Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro ~Glacier Blue~ using GAGT
garychengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #1838
Arch-Supremacy Member

Singtel dash is not supported in Android 10.

I just got the notification.

Luckily I haven't update.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:10 PM   #1839

thinking of getting a p2xl at 339. anyone here already brought from wmart?

scrolling through the forum page it seems that p2xl is relatively problem free already.
so at 339 for a sd835 world phone with about 1+ year left of unlimited photo storage and potentially with 2 more years of android updates (assumption is that Android 11 will come to the device).
seems like a good buy no?
porky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #1840
High Supremacy Member

scrolling through the forum page it seems that p2xl is relatively problem free already.
so at 339 for a sd835 world phone with about 1+ year left of unlimited photo storage and potentially with 2 more years of android updates (assumption is that Android 11 will come to the device).
Got problem.. I feel like battery degrade quite fast.. like 6 mths already it starts to drop very fast!
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #1841

Got problem.. I feel like battery degrade quite fast.. like 6 mths already it starts to drop very fast!
Got one/two year warranty. claim the bugger!
Old 11-09-2019, 04:00 PM   #1842
High Supremacy Member

Got one/two year warranty. claim the bugger!
US set!....
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #1843
Supremacy Member

I wouldn't say problem free la. still the same main thing which is potential for screen issues. Like dead pixel or uneven tint. I bought 1 from them, and been using for a week or so. My friend bought 1 too after I did. Self collected, legit SG set, and looks to be new. It's quite easy to tell for 2 XL since the SKU on the box will say SG at the end, then it has that extra sticker with a barcode too that i've seen on Singtel P2XL, and the IMEI number of phone matches the box of course.

Not sure if it's legit sealed or not since the original sticker "seal" can be easily removed and pasted back. But the phone itself condition looks like they've never been used. Mine was left with like 2% battery too, so might be legit old stocks. it was running android 8.1 out of the box too.

Warranty wise, just take it with grain of salt. Because don't even know service centre will accept the receipt from them or not. But since the phone only came out in november 2017, and this has 2 years warranty, at least the next 2 months is safe. Or you can check the IMEI number (http://www.imeipro.info/check_lg.html) to see the date of manufacture, at least will have warranty till then. Mine was mid december 2017.

for that price i think it's a pretty decent buy looking at the prices on carousell for used sets. lol. Specs might not look amazing, but it still runs really well since it's stock Android. Like you said, still getting updates, still has original resolution uploads unlimited till 2021 January. It has stereo speakers too, IP68, and the camera can still go toe to toe or beat newer phones. Just that there's a risk that you might only have a few more months of warranty left, and that you really need to check the screen very carefully when buying. 1 dead pixel on a QHD screen is not that easy to spot at a glance. haha.

Also, they say LG service centre, but you can probably just go Aperia Mall to CTDI to service the phone instead. They might be less picky about the receipt?
porky_88 likes this.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #1844

Mine was mid december 2017.
your friend's set also mid dec 2017? how's your screen?

Currently using P3. thinking to use this as spare/travel phone which is currently a aging ip7 with a really crappy battery. so... pay 70 go change battery for ip7 or buy this? hahahah.. first world problems.

Last edited by porky_88; 11-09-2019 at 06:09 PM..
Old 11-09-2019, 06:08 PM   #1845

Went to CTDI to complain about fast battery discharge. They changed a new battery! Feels like new now!
Like_To_Ask_Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.