lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pixel 2 xl beta p has new firmware lol

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Just updated to DP3. Facebook app still seems to be constantly crashing. Good news is that the "Adaptive Battery" setting seems to be sticking now.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait for July beta

According to the timeline, there's supposed to be another Developer Preview update later this month! So that's about 2 weeks' time? :s12:

Anyway Google dam sneaky sia. On DP3, Always On Display (AOD) is default to on, although I've it turned off. Think it doesn't want ppl to find out the screen wake delay..

Last edited:

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
According to the timeline, there's supposed to be another Developer Preview update later this month! So that's about 2 weeks' time?
:s12:

Anyway Google dam sneaky sia. On DP3, Always On Display (AOD) is default to on, although I've it turned off. Think it doesn't want ppl to find out the screen wake delay..

LOL just noticed this as well. Sneaky indeed!

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Any of you guys use the Imgur app on DP3? The uploading photos function doesn't seem to work..am not complaining as I understand what I'm getting into with beta versions. Just wanna ask if I'm the only one here with this issue. :)

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys use the Imgur app on DP3? The uploading photos function doesn't seem to work..am not complaining as I understand what I'm getting into with beta versions. Just wanna ask if I'm the only one here with this issue. :)
Works fine here. Try clearing data and cache on Imgur?

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
For your info, here is the commit that adds the screen wake delay. So this fixes AOD blinking and screen flickering with the side affect of a longer screen wake time and margin.

https://github.com/aosp-mirror/kernel_msm/commit/11fc88d1339b27ebb6009a3d8ce54cd8bac3b28a

This has already been reported to Google. You can help by staring this report here
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/109710373

Honestly there isn't much that they can do. This is a LG display panel issue. These "fixes" are workaround HW design issues.
So far there are 3 different panels in the 2 XL. So your result vary. This fix seems to generally affect the bad panel.

Last edited:

bawawaw

Reaction score
For your info, here is the commit that adds the screen wake delay. So this fixes AOD blinking and screen flickering with the side affect of a longer screen wake time and margin.

https://github.com/aosp-mirror/kerne...e54cd8bac3b28a

This has already been reported to Google. You can help by staring this report here
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/109710373

Honestly there isn't much that they can do. This is a LG display panel issue. These "fixes" are workaround HW design issues.
So far there are 3 different panels in the 2 XL. So your result vary. This fix seems to generally affect the bad panel.
Posted with Google Pixel 2 XL. - A Samsung Connections Member - HardwareZone Forums app

They should just put the fix as optional in the settings or dev options. Since issue of flickering only affects those in cold weather.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
They should just put the fix as optional in the settings or dev options. Since issue of flickering only affects those in cold weather.
IT is not only flickering...AoD blinking issue which is a fault in general outside of cold weather.

bawawaw

Reaction score
IT is not only flickering...AoD blinking issue which is a fault in general outside of cold weather.

Well that sucks. Fortunately for me I'm using non-xl. No issue here, and even with the new update there's no slowness in waking up the phone.

But looks like Google doesn't learn their lesson. Do not use LG in pixel 3 please! :s13:

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Works fine here. Try clearing data and cache on Imgur?

Thanks bro! That worked. :)

Also, I'm noticing that the brightness scales much darker on DP3 as compared to DP2. On DP2 my screen is darn bright at 50% but now on DP3 it's barely ok.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Adjust the brightness in the notification tray. The adaptive brightness algorithm has been adjusted to be more natural as compared to previous.

I'm not using adaptive brightness though, prefer to adjust it manually. Maybe I'll give it a try since it's been tweaked. Thanks!

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! That worked. :)

Also, I'm noticing that the brightness scales much darker on DP3 as compared to DP2. On DP2 my screen is darn bright at 50% but now on DP3 it's barely ok.

According to xdadevelopers,

The first noteworthy feature is a changed brightness slider behavior: It now changes the brightness logarithmically instead of linearly. Before this preview when it was linear, about 90% of the brightness was controlled by the lower 20% of the left of the slider. The old 50% brightness was almost identical to 100% max brightness, and the old 5% brightness was significantly brighter than 0% brightness. Now, the change in perceptual brightness is more uniform as you increase or decrease the slider.

The brightness slider position should spend most of its time throughout the day near-max now, but that’s fine. The brightness of the panel hasn’t changed, just the behavior of the brightness slider, and for the better. Other OEMs have had a logarithmic brightness slider since forever, Google just only now caught up with this standard physics-based implementation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.