2017 Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL!! - Part 2

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Send in RMA only if defect. Mine is accidentally dropped. A replacement kit to do it my own which found online is around 30 euros. If send to service center, should be around 200 odd. With that price get a second hand P2XL better.

Anybody got suggestion where to purchase the Pixel 2 XL LCD for own replacement? ^_^

ykeen

Reaction score
Send in RMA only if defect. Mine is accidentally dropped. A replacement kit to do it my own which found online is around 30 euros. If send to service center, should be around 200 odd. With that price get a second hand P2XL better.

Where's this 30 Euros place ? Don't think 30 Euros can get you a screen replacement.

You can go taobao and search for 谷歌pixel2xl屏幕总成

Or search repair shops on carousell seems to be around $198 or $200.

dayam15

Reaction score
My 2XL would lose battery quite fast when using video call and playing games. Yesterday from full charge I only managed to get around 1.5hrs screen time with some video calls, a few youtube videos and about 15min game. I brought the phone to CTDI and after testing they said the battery was okay and disn't need replacement. Even after telling them how fast the battery drains, the simply said its an app issue and they cannot do anything about it.

Do you think my screentime is normal for that usage?

I can get more screentime on my S8 which can only hold 70% charge.

Last edited:

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ownself try some tests.. like without using video call from fb messenger but other usage same, does it still drain that much?

dayam15

Reaction score
Ownself try some tests.. like without using video call from fb messenger but other usage same, does it still drain that much?

I recently bought the phone used with Android 9. When I got the phone initially set it up copying data from my old phone. After that I updated to Android 10. This was when I had the extreme battery drain issue.

Now after getting the phone back from CTDI and recently restored, I didn't go through copying files from my old phone. I manually set it up instead.

I'm at 60% battery with 2hrs screentime now. Also used FB messenger to video call my daughter and didn't notice the drain previously.

I think setting up the phone manually instead of copying data from my other phone fixed the issue. The only other problem I have now is that my overseas banking app doesn't work. But I think this is a known issue with Android 10.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 2XL would lose battery quite fast when using video call and playing games. Yesterday from full charge I only managed to get around 1.5hrs screen time with some video calls, a few youtube videos and about 15min game. I brought the phone to CTDI and after testing they said the battery was okay and disn't need replacement. Even after telling them how fast the battery drains, the simply said its an app issue and they cannot do anything about it.

Do you think my screentime is normal for that usage?

I can get more screentime on my S8 which can only hold 70% charge.

P2 XL warranty is expiring.

I think there is a high number of people trying to send for repair.

dayam15

Reaction score
P2 XL warranty is expiring.

I think there is a high number of people trying to send for repair.

The power button on my 2XL not very tactile anymore, it's mushy to press. Also need to press a little harder. But CTDI said they can't replace since it's still working.

Looks like unless it's really not working, they won't repair under warranty.

Reaction score
The power button on my 2XL not very tactile anymore, it's mushy to press. Also need to press a little harder. But CTDI said they can't replace since it's still working.

Looks like unless it's really not working, they won't repair under warranty.
when I sent in mine for battery replacement, they actually changed all my buttons for me. they told me the buttons are like what you mentioned, mushy. I didn't even ask them to change the buttons. lol.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

dayam15

Reaction score
when I sent in mine for battery replacement, they actually changed all my buttons for me. they told me the buttons are like what you mentioned, mushy. I didn't even ask them to change the buttons. lol.

Well good for you! They confirmed my warranty will end on February. Maybe try again a few months from now. lol

haoKRR

Reaction score
Anyone keen on buying a 2XL? Warranty till 070420.

iron2000

Reaction score
I think my small Pixel 2 should be still ok.

26% with 5h 30mins screen on time.
Mostly is playing game.

(Trying to justify not needing a Pixel 4 lol)

waikiki

Reaction score

Mostly is playing game.

Wow, your P2 battery life still going strong. Mine already degraded to 2 hrs max SOT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mostly is playing game.

Cannot lah bro.

My Pixel 2 battery health is at 74% only.

1 more year is too long to wait. I already upgraded to Pixel 4. =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.