HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #4441
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Is there anyone here re-contracted their Pixel 3 (non-XL) through Starhub? Any issue with the screen and whatsoever? Is it Starhub only have the 64Gb variant for the smaller Pixel 3?
I can re-contract in another 4-5 days, I'm thinking of getting the Pixel 3 for my wife (she is using LG G6 atm), the XL will be too huge for her. Though she don't play many games (I only see her playing Township), but she had some 200-300 music files on her phone, and she likes to take photos. I got a bit worried 64Gb will not be sufficient even there is unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos.
Any bro/sis with 64Gb storage P3 (or P2, or other 64Gb devices w/o expandable storage) and have similar use case can share some input?
for myself i took 128gb reason being:
1. I dont use Google Photos (yes it sounded stupid that i take a pixel but never use the Google Photos unlimited storage. But i have my own concerns with regards to security especially to cloud storage, i also do not use cloud storage on my iphone for my photos too)
2. I use Apple Music (need to download music to the phone itself, takes about 20GB)

so have to see her usage (number of apps/files stored on the phone) also and if she is fine with the pictures etc to be stored in the cloud
Old 11-01-2019, 04:55 PM   #4442
Supremacy Member

1. I dont use Google Photos (yes it sounded stupid that i take a pixel but never use the Google Photos unlimited storage. But i have my own concerns with regards to security especially to cloud storage, i also do not use cloud storage on my iphone for my photos too)
2. I use Apple Music (need to download music to the phone itself, takes about 20GB)

so have to see her usage (number of apps/files stored on the phone) also and if she is fine with the pictures etc to be stored in the cloud
I got 128 also. Music alone I have about 80gb

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3
NeonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:20 PM   #4443
Arch-Supremacy Member

fwah u more hardcore then me. which music provider u use?
Old 11-01-2019, 05:23 PM   #4444

I would love to get the 128Gb variant for her if Starhub has it. Her main usage would be photos I think, since 200-300 music files won't take up that much storage.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:25 PM   #4445

80Gb..?!! Holy cow...
Old 11-01-2019, 05:29 PM   #4446

You can easily check the storage used on her LG G6. If it's more than 50gb then 64gb is not enough for her.

Taking photos using Pixel uses more storage I think, since Portrait alone store 2 shots (including the normal). And if you want the Top Shot, you need to enable the motion, so size is bigger also.

Unless she is okay storing it all at cloud and don't have offline access.
bawawaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #4447

You can easily check the storage used on her LG G6. If it's more than 50gb then 64gb is not enough for her.

Taking photos using Pixel uses more storage I think, since Portrait alone store 2 shots (including the normal). And if you want the Top Shot, you need to enable the motion, so size is bigger also.

Unless she is okay storing it all at cloud and don't have offline access.
I'll check on that. You're right about the Pixel's photo storage, I've not taken many photos since I got my XL, but my photo & video already taken up 17Gb of the phone storage... Do you know if these include the WhatsApp's media? I'd restore 7.8Gb of WhatsApp data from GDrive backup.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #4448
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'll check on that. You're right about the Pixel's photo storage, I've not taken many photos since I got my XL, but my photo & video already taken up 17Gb of the phone storage... Do you know if these include the WhatsApp's media? I'd restore 7.8Gb of WhatsApp data from GDrive backup.
yes that includes the whatsapp media
Old 11-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #4449
Arch-Supremacy Member

I would love to get the 128Gb variant for her if Starhub has it. Her main usage would be photos I think, since 200-300 music files won't take up that much storage.
if u upload to cloud, then of course dont need to worry lor since mainly photos. but have to see if she is comfortable with it

Starhub dont have 128gb meh? didnt know
Old 11-01-2019, 06:00 PM   #4450

if u upload to cloud, then of course dont need to worry lor since mainly photos. but have to see if she is comfortable with it

Starhub dont have 128gb meh? didnt know
Didn't see it in the online store for the smaller Pixel 3 leh..
Old 11-01-2019, 08:17 PM   #4451

Hi all,

Is there anyone here re-contracted their Pixel 3 (non-XL) through Starhub? Any issue with the screen and whatsoever? Is it Starhub only have the 64Gb variant for the smaller Pixel 3?
I can re-contract in another 4-5 days, I'm thinking of getting the Pixel 3 for my wife (she is using LG G6 atm), the XL will be too huge for her. Though she don't play many games (I only see her playing Township), but she had some 200-300 music files on her phone, and she likes to take photos. I got a bit worried 64Gb will not be sufficient even there is unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos.
Any bro/sis with 64Gb storage P3 (or P2, or other 64Gb devices w/o expandable storage) and have similar use case can share some input?

My pixel 3 128gb was from Starhub.

Initial launch from telco(Singtel and Starhub) was only 64gb for the pixel 3. However in dec, starhub suddenly had stocks for the pixel 3 128gb in white colour only. At that time the offer was free upgrade to 128gb as the same price as 64gb.

However if you go into their website now, they only have 64gb.
It will be best for you to check out if they still / or will still be taking in stock for the 128gb white pixel 3.

Coz officially is don't have 128gb for pixel 3 on both telcos. I dont know what was the change in dec (suddenly have 128gb) and the deal between google and starhub. Best for you to check with starhub.

Hope this helps!
marshroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:21 PM   #4452

Ok, noted. I'll visit the nearest Starhub shop next week to check on it, thanks for the info..

Initial launch from telco(Singtel and Starhub) was only 64gb for the pixel 3. However in dec, starhub suddenly had stocks for the pixel 3 128gb in white colour only. At that time the offer was free upgrade to 128gb as the same price as 64gb.

However if you go into their website now, they only have 64gb.
It will be best for you to check out if they still / or will still be taking in stock for the 128gb white pixel 3.

Coz officially is don't have 128gb for pixel 3 on both telcos. I dont know what was the change in dec (suddenly have 128gb) and the deal between google and starhub. Best for you to check with starhub.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-01-2019, 08:25 PM   #4453

Ok, noted. I'll visit the nearest Starhub shop next week to check on it, thanks for the info..

[QUOTE=marshroom;118594348]My pixel 3 128gb was from Starhub.

Btw, I also dun play games and likes to take photos. But not super extreme type. Idon't like to use cloud to store my photos.
128gb suits me coz 64gb is definitely not enough if I don't use cloud. Previous owner of P2 and last checked before i change to P3, i was already using 60-70gb++ of my storage.

P3 the system itself already took up 10gb. (Holy cow!!)

Hope this helps

Last edited by marshroom; 11-01-2019 at 08:31 PM..
marshroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:29 PM   #4454

Well noted, many thanks for sharing your experience

[QUOTE=marshroom;118594508]

Btw, I also dun play games and likes to take photos. But not super extreme type. I also son't like to use cloud.
128gb suits me coz 64gb is definitely not enough if I don't use cloud. Previous owner of P2 and last checked before i change to P3, i was already using 60-70gb++ of my storage.

Hope this helps
Old 11-01-2019, 11:25 PM   #4455
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Photos should be fine.

Videos must depends on how much videos she take liao.

Can always backup photos to google photos periodically or enable auto backup with wifi.
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.