HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Like Tree249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2019, 09:24 AM   #4621

Well, to be fair the XZ2 isn't that bad of a phone, it's just usual Sony screwing up everything else on the phone.
All I ask for on my phone is IP68, a good camera, and not a Samsung.
shikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #4622

I think I figured out why. I am using Nova Launcher. Tweaked some settings and now the bar is transparent!
i wanted to use nova launcher also but in the end i chose not to as i dont want so many apps on my phone as i like to keep my phone clean and hence i dont get ram issues and so far im enjoying this phone however, i would hope that google pixel 4 xl would have at least 6gb of ram if not i will definitely switch to huawei by the end of this year (whichever best huawei phone which they will release) Im sick of using samsung haha
eejoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 10:42 AM   #4623

All I ask for on my phone is IP68, a good camera, and not a Samsung.
Sony makes the sensor for majority of phones in the market, last I checked more than 50% of phones use their sensors. Yet they can't even optimize it on their phones to even get close to Huawei. Go figure.

If Sony continues to fumble like this, their phone division going to get into huge losses.
Old 23-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #4624

Sony makes the sensor for majority of phones in the market, last I checked more than 50% of phones use their sensors. Yet they can't even optimize it on their phones to even get close to Huawei. Go figure.

If Sony continues to fumble like this, their phone division going to get into huge losses.
Their phone division is already dead from what I know. Notice how the XZ3 was never launched locally?

Also, I forgot to include, "Not a Samsung, Huawei or Xiaomi"
Old 23-01-2019, 11:14 AM   #4625

Their phone division is already dead from what I know. Notice how the XZ3 was never launched locally?

Also, I forgot to include, "Not a Samsung, Huawei or Xiaomi"
I not sure if you tried a Razer phone before, but I really like their customizations on the Razer 2 phone. Too bad the phone is mediocre in a lot of things.
Old 23-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #4626

I not sure if you tried a Razer phone before, but I really like their customizations on the Razer 2 phone. Too bad the phone is mediocre in a lot of things.
More gimmicky than anything. Also, the 120Hz screen while pretty, drains your battery pretty damn fast.
Old 23-01-2019, 11:44 AM   #4627
Master Member

More gimmicky than anything. Also, the 120Hz screen while pretty, drains your battery pretty damn fast.
Was wondering anyone here encounter battery draining issue? Few days back i notice my phone drain out very fast, and yesterday i format my phone and restore my apps thru google backup, then charge phone till 100% before i sleep and this morning i saw my phone at 40% already.

Should i head of to service center to get it replace or should i factory reset my phone again without restoring my apps?
Old 23-01-2019, 11:44 AM   #4628
Arch-Supremacy Member

Werent there also reports on huawei's emui also aggressively clearing memory despite having more than 4GB of ram?

Not sure if those are considered bugs if they were intended to work like that when the devs made it that way.

Google improved it after repeated feedback or complaints from users. Just like how during the release of pixel 2 people complained of not having a saturated color option.
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #4629
Arch-Supremacy Member

Was wondering anyone here encounter battery draining issue? Few days back i notice my phone drain out very fast, and yesterday i format my phone and restore my apps thru google backup, then charge phone till 100% before i sleep and this morning i saw my phone at 40% already.

Should i head of to service center to get it replace or should i factory reset my phone again without restoring my apps?
What could have been consuming battery for 60% while you were sleeping??

You try format then with stock default apps and etc charge to full and see how much it consumes over a night again. If no issues means you have a rogue app that you restore everytime. Format how many times also no use since you eventually restore it.

After format, setup your necessary settings to whatever you previously used when its working normally, just not restoring all your apps from backup.
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #4630
Master Member

What could have been consuming battery for 60% while you were sleeping??

You try format then with stock default apps and etc charge to full and see how much it consumes over a night again. If no issues means you have a rogue app that you restore everytime. Format how many times also no use since you eventually restore it.

After format, setup your necessary settings to whatever you previously used when its working normally, just not restoring all your apps from backup.
i check the battery usage, nothing. Ambience light which i forgot to off only took up 8%, and there nothing else listed. ill just ill to do another factory reset and load basic apps first. But if battery still drain out means i likely need to head down to service center?
Old 23-01-2019, 11:55 AM   #4631
Arch-Supremacy Member

i check the battery usage, nothing. Ambience light which i forgot to off only took up 8%, and there nothing else listed. ill just ill to do another factory reset and load basic apps first. But if battery still drain out means i likely need to head down to service center?
Do a factory reset first and try again. Thats what the service center will do first before they proceed to replace the battery
KeYoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 12:05 PM   #4632

It's extremely likely it's a rogue app doing it. Be aware that apps that use Android services GPS also won't show up on your battery usage for some god forsaken reason. Seriously why Google until now never let you customize permissions extensively like Samsung is beyond me.
Remove all your apps, slowly install one by one over the next few days. Confirm it's not hardware issue one this type. Specially for new phone.
Old 23-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #4633
Master Member

Do a factory reset first and try again. Thats what the service center will do first before they proceed to replace the battery
It's extremely likely it's a rogue app doing it. Be aware that apps that use Android services GPS also won't show up on your battery usage for some god forsaken reason. Seriously why Google until now never let you customize permissions extensively like Samsung is beyond me.
Remove all your apps, slowly install one by one over the next few days. Confirm it's not hardware issue one this type. Specially for new phone.
thanks guys for the advise. will try do a factory reset again and install the basic apps ie...whatsapp, fb all this first. will update u guys again if the battery still drain like free

*btw, does CDTi does 1 to 1 replacement or they fix it.
Old 23-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #4634
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks guys for the advise. will try do a factory reset again and install the basic apps ie...whatsapp, fb all this first. will update u guys again if the battery still drain like free

*btw, does CDTi does 1 to 1 replacement or they fix it.
They will replace the battery if found faulty
Old 23-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #4635
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone knows which singtel shop carries fabric case fog for pixel 3 xl?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.