HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Like Tree247Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2019, 05:33 PM   #4651
Arch-Supremacy Member

Crossing my fingers, hope tomorrow my Pixel 3 XL gets delivered to me no issue.
Wah finally u hoot lol. Your delivery so fast? Today order tomorrow get? Mine i order already need wait 1 week. Not sure is it singtel slow
KeYoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #4652

Wah finally u hoot lol. Your delivery so fast? Today order tomorrow get? Mine i order already need wait 1 week. Not sure is it singtel slow

Well, I ordered last week, the delivery date can set one so I set tomorrow which is the earliest they can. I still don't understand why the White one so hard to get, cannot collect from my nearby Singtel outlet, must die die pay $8 for the pop station delivery.
Old 23-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #4653
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well, I ordered last week, the delivery date can set one so I set tomorrow which is the earliest they can. I still don't understand why the White one so hard to get, cannot collect from my nearby Singtel outlet, must die die pay $8 for the pop station delivery.
Precisely lor. Cant collect from store. Cant even collect at comscenter why they need to do it in this way lol
Old 23-01-2019, 05:59 PM   #4654

Precisely lor. Cant collect from store. Cant even collect at comscenter why they need to do it in this way lol

I just hope the set no issue good enough liao. Unlike Samsung which is everywhere and easy to get to, CTDI is damn far for me.
Old 23-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #4655
Supremacy Member

Serious? Westgate singtel or starhub
Westgate Starhub.
fi5hbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 06:13 PM   #4656
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's extremely likely it's a rogue app doing it. Be aware that apps that use Android services GPS also won't show up on your battery usage for some god forsaken reason. Seriously why Google until now never let you customize permissions extensively like Samsung is beyond me.
Remove all your apps, slowly install one by one over the next few days. Confirm it's not hardware issue one this type. Specially for new phone.
What you referring to?

Customize each app's permissions?

I agree that the battery consumption breakdown for Stock Pixels isnt that detailed and doesnt tell much. But permissions I thought its pretty accessible?
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #4657
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have a question, I bought a USB type C earpiece that comes with a mouthpiece to talk on the phone. I can hear music but the other recipient can't hear my voice when I talk BUT when i use the google pixel ear piece, everything runs fine and I can talk on the phone and hear music. =_= I suspect my phone only likes google products and not other brands. Anyone knows why?
I have never tried this before but try looking for any settings that is available when your 3rd party USB type C earpiece is connected to your pixel?
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #4658

What you referring to?

Customize each app's permissions?

I agree that the battery consumption breakdown for Stock Pixels isnt that detailed and doesnt tell much. But permissions I thought its pretty accessible?
I find pixel 3 permissions settings are not as comprehensive as the one I see on Samsung. I'm not saying Pixel doesn't let you customize, rather I feel it's not letting you customize enough for a Google phone.
Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #4659
Supremacy Member

I find pixel 3 permissions settings are not as comprehensive as the one I see on Samsung. I'm not saying Pixel doesn't let you customize, rather I feel it's not letting you customize enough for a Google phone.
Oh I thought it is standard across all phones?
Old 23-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #4660
Master Member

On Pixel phones, you can toggle individual permissions for individual apps. You can also view permissions by categories and toggle on/off for individual apps.

I haven't been using Samsung phones for quite some time but what kind of customisation do they allow?
kEvinErd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #4661

Oh I thought it is standard across all phones?
On Pixel phones, you can toggle individual permissions for individual apps. You can also view permissions by categories and toggle on/off for individual apps.

I haven't been using Samsung phones for quite some time but what kind of customisation do they allow?
From what I tried at Singtel it's a bit different, but tomorrow I can probably get a better idea, or I might be wrong since I had very little time with the Pixel at Singtel itself.
Old 23-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #4662
Arch-Supremacy Member

Westgate Starhub.
Thank u bro! Got the last piece!
Old 23-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #4663
Supremacy Member

Thank u bro! Got the last piece!
Wah you heng. Hahaha.
Old 23-01-2019, 07:37 PM   #4664
Master Member

From what I tried at Singtel it's a bit different, but tomorrow I can probably get a better idea, or I might be wrong since I had very little time with the Pixel at Singtel itself.
Permissions aside, the level of customisation you can have for notifications on the Pixel is so granular it's crazy. Hahaha you either have lots of fun toggling them, or go crazy doing so.
kEvinErd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #4665
Supremacy Member

How do you customise your notofications?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.