HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Like Tree258Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #5971

Means to say from N6 to Pixel 3XL, all have issues
for a recent newbie on Pixel 3, what are the current issues? not encountered any yet..

but a few observations from a multi generation iOS (still hold iphone 7 and Xr) switch over
1) audio on bluetooth headset sounds better on iOS (bose, westone bluetooth cable) when connected to Pixel 3 already show AAC (for bose) and aptX (for westone). Maybe placebo..cos been listening to iOS for so long. but they do sound different on the pixel 3.

2) the usb-c to audio adaptor is crap! ok maybe not... but the audio output from the adaptor is bad! so it can be anything along the audio chain degrading the audio

3) build quality is still a few notches from apple. when playing music at >50% volume, the glass back resonates/vibrates quite a bit. and the glass front and back meet the meta frame is still not seamlessly gapless.

All observation on Q beta 3.

so any good?
1) I actually prefer the screen on P3 (on natural setting) than iphone Xr. Although i read that not a single android app (even native google apps) support the wide gamut P3 screen (all just standard sRGB colors). wide gamut already support since oreo...but.. seems like neither google nor developers pushing for it.
2) camera is a joy to use and pics pop. But i miss the square mode on iOS
3) perfect size and weight distribution (i need to get a spigen thin fit soon, the google pixel fabric casing which came free is quite bulky)
porky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #5972
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you take selfies/wefies regularly, the front-facing camera on the XS totally cannot fight with Pixel 3's. Haha
Ya I know, but os experience completely no fight haha
Old 21-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #5973

for a recent newbie on Pixel 3, what are the current issues? not encountered any yet..

but a few observations from a multi generation iOS (still hold iphone 7 and Xr) switch over
1) audio on bluetooth headset sounds better on iOS (bose, westone bluetooth cable) when connected to Pixel 3 already show AAC (for bose) and aptX (for westone). Maybe placebo..cos been listening to iOS for so long. but they do sound different on the pixel 3.

2) the usb-c to audio adaptor is crap! ok maybe not... but the audio output from the adaptor is bad! so it can be anything along the audio chain degrading the audio

3) build quality is still a few notches from apple. when playing music at >50% volume, the glass back resonates/vibrates quite a bit. and the glass front and back meet the meta frame is still not seamlessly gapless.

All observation on Q beta 3.

so any good?
1) I actually prefer the screen on P3 (on natural setting) than iphone Xr. Although i read that not a single android app (even native google apps) support the wide gamut P3 screen (all just standard sRGB colors). wide gamut already support since oreo...but.. seems like neither google nor developers pushing for it.
2) camera is a joy to use and pics pop. But i miss the square mode on iOS
3) perfect size and weight distribution (i need to get a spigen thin fit soon, the google pixel fabric casing which came free is quite bulky)
How is your battery life on the smaller pixel 3?

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
mackie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 10:29 AM   #5974

How is your battery life on the smaller pixel 3?

Not good... then again i am on Q beta 3. so not fair to comment. it last teh day for me but levels gets nervous pass evening. so this is definitely not a chongster or clubbing phone.. assuming u don't top up during the day.
porky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 10:29 AM   #5975

Actually just started using my iPhone X after quite a while on pixel 3 and s10 plus. Quite tempted to go for XS Max now haha
Actually bigger android (s10plus or p3XL) and smaller iphone like (iphone XS) is a good combo hahaha best of both worlds

mackie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #5976
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually bigger android (s10plus or p3XL) and smaller iphone like (iphone XS) is a good combo hahaha best of both worlds

haha but i only 1 sim card ma, not using both at the same time. Previously using to test apps, now less testing needed so switching around lol
Old 21-05-2019, 08:17 PM   #5977

Cutouts aren't align
limmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 02:45 AM   #5978

Google Calendar update (6.0.36-248508899-release) adds Dark Mode
Old 22-05-2019, 08:04 AM   #5979

Google Calendar update (6.0.36-248508899-release) adds Dark Mode

I still don't have even my notes app also don't have the dark mode update lol.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL
laughingPANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #5980

I still don't have even my notes app also don't have the dark mode update lol.

My note also ...
Old 22-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #5981

切苹果
Old 22-05-2019, 10:31 PM   #5982

切苹果

Hahah now Google cut them
I wonder if this will be resolved. So many companies cut ties with them. Cannot be everything also in house OS one lol got phones tablets and laptops.

Old 22-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #5983

Hahah now Google cut them
I wonder if this will be resolved. So many companies cut ties with them. Cannot be everything also in house OS one lol got phones tablets and laptops.

China rise and us is afraid
Old 23-05-2019, 01:41 AM   #5984

Google Drive dark mode is showing up for some users. This is a server-side change.

Old 23-05-2019, 11:10 AM   #5985

Google Drive dark mode is showing up for some users. This is a server-side change.

Hahah this one I have. Wanted to go toggle the dark mode but when I went in it's already in dark mode

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.