2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
Okay XDA Developer published a good list of faults and with Google responses. If anything is game breaking then maybe watch for a patch.

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-3-pixel-3-xl-issues-problems-help-list/

I am glad even the hissing from video is software and can be solved through updates.

The random notch thingy is funny though, kinda sums up the current experience with the Pixel 3 :s13:

Will give it till the end of Nov to see if I should choose this over the Mate 20 Pro.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question, those who posted pics of night sight feature on your pixels, excluding the pixel 3/xl, you guys sideload the camera app?
I don't see it yet on my pixel xl.

And I don't wish to download the app from xda. Oh well

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't see it yet on my pixel xl.

And I don't wish to download the app from xda. Oh well

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

Yeah me too. Waiting it to be available from the Play Store instead. Thanks for confirming :o

EsPpY

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, that's fast! :eek: gxgx on your new hoot! how's the phone in ur experience?
Friend's. Got it on the 17th, and he's loving it since he came from a Pixel XL.

Lucky him, escaped the speaker buzzing issue and the memory management thing, he's not exactly paying attention about it but it seems non existent to him as yet.

Anyway I'm giving the case that was pictured away (courtesy of him) since he got what he needed when my shipment came in.

Anyone that might fancy an interim case for their 3XL, hit me up. :o

Not the best fitting or protecting, but it's something. And throwing it away is a bit of a shame.

https://www.amazon.com/ProCase-Google-Crystal-Protective-Release/dp/B07GJH7VPP

Vulpix

Reaction score
Rarely I see the white version of a phone more popular than the black. :s13:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friend's. Got it on the 17th, and he's loving it since he came from a Pixel XL.

Lucky him, escaped the speaker buzzing issue and the memory management thing, he's not exactly paying attention about it but it seems non existent to him as yet.

Anyway I'm giving the case that was pictured away (courtesy of him) since he got what he needed when my shipment came in.

Anyone that might fancy an interim case for their 3XL, hit me up. :o

Not the best fitting or protecting, but it's something. And throwing it away is a bit of a shame.

https://www.amazon.com/ProCase-Google-Crystal-Protective-Release/dp/B07GJH7VPP

How he got it so early? Export set? :eek:

Rarely I see the white version of a phone more popular than the black. :s13:

Cause of #scratchgate ? White hide the scratches better

ya, pixel lag here and there, pubg all load lower...

but the camera really :lick::lick:

Ya sia ... more then that I guess .. just the camera is OP. :o

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont think this is quite possible at current scale of efforts on the Pixels. Sales of all 3 Pixel series add up dont think even have 1% of any one iphone flagship gen :s22:

Disclaimer: Figures are from moi own imagination.

As I said, Google is trying hard to take market share.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it generally safe to say.... >80% of past pixel users, will still buy pixel as their next phones?

I know it's true for myself

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it generally safe to say.... >80% of past pixel users, will still buy pixel as their next phones?

I know it's true for myself

I think it’s quite true, either they stay on pixel, upgrade to newer pixels or dulan, give up buy OnePlus or go iPhone. That’s what I see. Gotta give it to google, every pixel launch, butter up the product till very power, slowly bit by bit plagued by so many problems. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.