Android apps discussion for phones (No games)

Fifa03fan

Reaction score
Woohoo! Music PlayerPro hits version 2 with writing of ratings to tags and equalizer support.

dante-z

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there an app that show me the day of the week quickly on the home screen ?

I am usually lost on this.
I wonder why HTC Sense missed this.

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which sms app haf fast loading compare to default one? If u haf abt 500 over sms in a single thread sms, the default app will take a long time to load... will it help by changing to another app or just delete the sms?

sometimes i wonder what is so important abt the 500 sms that ppl always wanna find ways to backup.

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Somehow I feel that sms applications are still not that smooth yet. Wonder what's wrong with it.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Somehow I feel that sms applications are still not that smooth yet. Wonder what's wrong with it.
Or maybe there's always people out there who keep hundreds and thousands of sms for no apparent reason. :D

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi people... have been lurking around here for few weeks.

I just got my sister a Galaxy Ace (i am still using a nokia e-series, waiting for my contract to end, also waiting for the dual cores to come out) and have been installing apps for my sister to be able to enhance her android experience.

Other than as a phone+social (Facebook/IMs/etc), she would also want to watch dramas/sitcoms that are downloaded mostly in *.rmvb/avi formats. I have downloaded and installed Rockplayer Lite and am pretty happy with the wide range of files it support. But unfortunately, videos played in Rockplayer (especially *.rmvb) stutters a lot and there seems to be av sync issues. What could be the reason for this? I used the same app to play *.avi and they seem to play with less/no issues.

Could it be that the Galaxy Ace is not powerful enough? Or are there any apps out there that are better suited?

Thanks in advance for the advise/help.

Phone not powerful enough.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow okay, just to give a bit of feedback. It works great, the layout of the widget is just the way I like it. But it doesn't mark articles as read once it's done downloading. :(
U mean it doesn't mark as read once downloaded or mark as read after opening each article?

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or maybe there's always people out there who keep hundreds and thousands of sms for no apparent reason. :D

I'm just curious about the sms application between ios and android. Ios one is very smooth, is it because of hardware acceleration from the ios?? I'm not very sure about this.

lolnoob

Reaction score
I'm just curious about the sms application between ios and android. Ios one is very smooth, is it because of hardware acceleration from the ios?? I'm not very sure about this.

Iphone's app focuses on smooth animation. But android's one is really simple.
If you can, download a replacement sms app. Though some phones already have modded sms apps by manufacturer, sometimes, these are better.

Keeping sms? Maybe for nostalgia...?

Kyuuen

Reaction score
Any app/widget that display reception or WIFI in percentage rather than just an animated icon?

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doesn't mark as read once it downloads the articles.

Hmmm...not so sure if it's a good idea to do that by default. Imagine something go wrong then all the articles u wanna read suddenly all marked as read. Should only mark as read if u open the article, and after that, there should be an option to mark all as read after u have read all that u wanna read.

Like Feedr, and not automated, that would make it hard to use Google reader between devices and desktops.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better programming and optimization is my guess.

It also depends on the overlay in use. AOSP/Stock Android sms client is pretty decent and smooth in my usage, but I don't have thousands of sms to test out. :D

Vulpix

Reaction score
Handcent just got a major update to 3.8 with quite a fair bit of changes.

hermes76

Master Member
Reaction score
can I know what changes the keyboad features? I installed various sms apps like Go, Chomp, Handscent but the input method remains the same...

is there a free one with built-in pinyin input?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.