Anyone feel like got not much interesting choices for phones at the moment?

vblues

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm still using Mate 10 Pro. Was initially hoping to upgrade to the best and newest Huawei phone there is at the beginning of the year, until Trump pulled stunts on them.

I was seriously contemplating to try and go Googleless until I read the OP8P thread and was thinking that it might be the next phone for me until I saw the local gpay issue.

So now waiting for 8T and see if that's better. Anyway my next phone should last me for the next 2-3 years.

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1+ has sold out to facebook
are there anymore bloatware free android phones besides pixel?

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
gpay issue, try download and install Google pay apk instead
don't know about you, but my mate 20 x can still claim rewards on gpay sg despite I have installed the two platforms

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also think no phone to upgrade to. I using Note10+ 512gb then now I realise 2020 got no Android phone in Singapore with 512gb storage anymore?

A bit sick of having a phone that's so long and heavy (nowadays finding it harder to fit my phone into pockets without it sticking out)... I realise I also don't really use the camera (I got a7iii for that anyway) and I also don't record 4k60p videos cos waste space... Thinking maybe my next phone will be something midrange instead lol.

One thing I really want is ip68 cos I like to rinse my phone. Looks like only got Xperia 10 ii?

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also think no phone to upgrade to. I using Note10+ 512gb then now I realise 2020 got no Android phone in Singapore with 512gb storage anymore?

A bit sick of having a phone that's so long and heavy (nowadays finding it harder to fit my phone into pockets without it sticking out)... I realise I also don't really use the camera (I got a7iii for that anyway) and I also don't record 4k60p videos cos waste space... Thinking maybe my next phone will be something midrange instead lol.

One thing I really want is ip68 cos I like to rinse my phone. Looks like only got Xperia 10 ii?

I'm also using the Note 10+ and having almost the same dilemma as you. My hands getting really tired with such a big phone. Even PCC or fingering not as tiring as this big phone. Really don't mind switching to lower end but camera and dual SIM is a must.

minuteez

Reaction score
you all have these phones with huge storage, when you change phone isnt it a headache to xfer everything over? All that GBs will take a while to xfer? & no data corruption?

omelet

Reaction score
my one and only xperia is the purple color xperia with water resistance maybe 8 or 9 yrs ago. I remember very very less system update from Sony. Wait till neck long.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

I think since Xperia XZ or was it XZP, Sony has been releasing monthly security patch, their OS upgrade also quite fast. Sony high end phone already received Android 10 before 2019 end while many others 2020 liao still only just announcing plan leh... :eek: Only their mid-range to low end phone very slow in updating or even no update.
http://www.xperiablog.net/page/2/?s=patch

But Sony only confirmed updates for 2 years for high end device last time, hope they also increase it..
https://www.xperiablog.net/2018/02/01/sony-mobile-official-android-upgrade-policy-firmware/

I still got my XZ2P with me 2 years liao still receiving monthly patch, will see how long it last...:s13:

danielgohww

Reaction score
I got the Redmi 10x Pro 5G
Great value vs performance.
$3xx for base model Redmi 10x 5G and under $500 for the Pro Model.
Don't get the 4G model as it uses weaker processor.

Perform better than Snapdragon 765G.

One of the best value mid range phone around.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I got the Redmi 10x Pro 5G
Great value vs performance.
$3xx for base model Redmi 10x 5G and under $500 for the Pro Model.
Don't get the 4G model as it uses weaker processor.

Perform better than Snapdragon 765G.

One of the best value mid range phone around.
Too bad I absolutely hate MIUI.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Vivo X50 Pro? My experience long ago is their unpleasant UI that tried to copy iPhone, but today when I went to play with it at their showroom, it's actually very stock with some minor customizations. The phone feels very snappy, though I was disappointed it was a 765 series processor, not a 8xx series.

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Vivo X50 Pro? My experience long ago is their unpleasant UI that tried to copy iPhone, but today when I went to play with it at their showroom, it's actually very stock with some minor customizations. The phone feels very snappy, though I was disappointed it was a 765 series processor, not a 8xx series.

axhng reviewed liao, maybe can pm him...

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you all have these phones with huge storage, when you change phone isnt it a headache to xfer everything over? All that GBs will take a while to xfer? & no data corruption?

If you do not transfer photos/videos, in reality the transfer is pretty fast, especially with dedicated phone clone apps from different phone vendors.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.