HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Batteries, charging, and you: Why no 100% charge on your phone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

App like 3GBattery will help for mobile data connection, it allow the smartphone user to automatically toggle on/off mobile data at a set interval when there is no WiFi and therefore extend battery life.

It make little difference to connect every 15mins to sync data or than a persistent connection when the phone is in our pocket but it is a very great saving on the battery life.

No complicated power management settings, no more disabling of mobile data when the battery is already low and hoping our phone will last until end of the day. Under default mode of connecting every 15mins for 5mins connection, it is equal to 180mins/3hrs (15mins/hr x 12hr) of data connection time vs 12hr if your data is always connected.

3GBattery|Google Play
jesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #17

Great tip jesgirl!
Free Man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #18

Hi

Wonder if someone can enlighten me:

Last night, my HTC Sensation is 75% battery. This morning, it went dead. I checked the stats (Settings -> About Phone -> Battery -> Battery Use) and found the following users:

Cell Standby 43%
Phone idle 43%
Display 4%
Other apps about 2%

Why is the battery draining so fast even though nothing seems to be running?

Cheers
NothingBetterToDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #19

Galaxy S2

Lets take an example of a bucket !! the bigger the bucket, more time it takes to fill to the top. Same goes with batteries. I am using Galaxy S2 and it take atleast 3 hours to get to 100%. I usually use the battery till 3%, so you have an idea what sorta usage i am talking about.

Galaxy S2 has Li-Ion 1650 mAh battery.
Note 2 has Li-Ion 4600 mAh battery.

So it takes time.
kevinfernandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #20

Credits: byrong
Original thread: Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

So before you post about your battery not charging to full and think it's a bug, it's not.
The problem with bump charging is that no body likes to switch off their cell phones even when they are sleeping. Its not the question of best practices ... its human psyche we are dealing with !!
kevinfernandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #21

My maid use her smart phone frequently and she need to charge her phone battery at least 2 time daily.

I am just curious.

How much is the average cost of electricity needed to re-charge a handphone battery?
steveniam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

My maid use her smart phone frequently and she need to charge her phone battery at least 2 time daily.

I am just curious.

How much is the average cost of electricity needed to re-charge a handphone battery?
using arbitrary estimates, say a 8Wh battery, charging efficiency of 80% (conservative I think), current tariffs of $0.267 per kWh, and 60 full charges per month, charging costs is $0.16 per month.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #23
Master Member

I am just curious.

Don't so meow lab lol
ZhuPaJian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

From what I see, most modern phones the charger will automatically stops charging once the battery is full... Also overnight charging doesn't keep the battery at 100% as when the phone is eventually disconnected the battery will drop/loose charge even faster...

Nowadays its a trend to see people using powerbank(s), but I see many flaunt their own safety... While their device(s) is/are charging, they are still heavily using it (surf web/playing game/watching video/on a call)... People just forget that battery(ies) will heat up while charging...
silcosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:53 PM   #25

I could only solve battery and charging issue on my Nexus S when I bough myself a 3900mAh extended battery. I use Mugen Power.
Yeah. It is a good and common solution for the majority of smartphone user nowadays. I use a waterproof one from Best Power Bank for Mobile Phone Iphone 5 6 Samsung Ipad - KingsBuying
cherryjiyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.