The China Android Phones, Best Value, Updates

gtggtg

Reaction score
Ok, i am very tempted to order Iocean now:D.

Bro, do you have any link on rooting Iocean, i.e links to alternative ROMs?

haha my iocean youth turbo came rooted. roms wise, the official site forum got alot too. Youth turbo and youth uses same rom, but the latest official rom i am using is really good, at least for me.

yesterday my 32gb class 10 micro sd from china just arrived, works well on the phone. haha today my 3000mah battery should arrive too.

Last edited:

enrell69

Reaction score
haha my iocean youth turbo came rooted. roms wise, the official site forum got alot too. Youth turbo and youth uses same rom, but the latest official rom i am using is really good, at least for me.

yesterday my 32gb class 10 micro sd from china just arrived, works well on the phone. haha today my 3000mah battery should arrive too.

Where did u get the battery from n how much? 3000mah the biggest size?

gtggtg

Reaction score
Where did u get the battery from n how much? 3000mah the biggest size?

haha i bought from aliexpress. 25.99 usd. Got cheaper ones on aliexpress but i went with the guy with better rating and the huge sign on the picture that says for every fake one he pays 100x.:s13:

its the official battery by iocean (blue one). You can also buy direct from iocean website, which is cheaper. It is the biggest size but it comes with a attachable back cover replacement as the 3000mah battery is thicker, so need another cover, or so i hear.

i test it tonight if i get it today.

Geo

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro gtggtg, i went to the taobao seller site you bought your Iocean X7 Youth from and i am confused and the the models of Iocean X7. Am i right to say there are only 2 models of X7:

Iocean X7 Elite: ³§¼ÒÖ±¹©iocEaN/Å·Ê¢ X7¾«Ó¢°æ32G°æ ËĺË1.5G 5´ç1080P 1300Íò-ÌÔ±¦Íø

Iocean Youth (aka Turbo Plus): ËĻʹڣ¡7Ô²úiocEaN/Å·Ê¢ X7 Çà´º°æTurbo ËĺË1.5G 5´ç1080P-ÌÔ±¦Íø

I tried to search for Iocean official website and couldn't find I only managed to find this one: iOCEAN X7. This looks like India website. Do you have the official website link?

enrell69

Reaction score
haha i bought from aliexpress. 25.99 usd. Got cheaper ones on aliexpress but i went with the guy with better rating and the huge sign on the picture that says for every fake one he pays 100x.:s13:

its the official battery by iocean (blue one). You can also buy direct from iocean website, which is cheaper. It is the biggest size but it comes with a attachable back cover replacement as the 3000mah battery is thicker, so need another cover, or so i hear.

i test it tonight if i get it today.

I need bigger battery. 2000 is kinda small for a fhd phone

gtggtg

Reaction score
Bro gtggtg, i went to the taobao seller site you bought your Iocean X7 Youth from and i am confused and the the models of Iocean X7. Am i right to say there are only 2 models of X7:

Iocean X7 Elite: ³§¼ÒÖ±¹©iocEaN/Å·Ê¢ X7¾«Ó¢°æ32G°æ ËĺË1.5G 5´ç1080P 1300Íò-ÌÔ±¦Íø

Iocean Youth (aka Turbo Plus): ËĻʹڣ¡7Ô²úiocEaN/Å·Ê¢ X7 Çà´º°æTurbo ËĺË1.5G 5´ç1080P-ÌÔ±¦Íø

I tried to search for Iocean official website and couldn't find I only managed to find this one: iOCEAN X7. This looks like India website. Do you have the official website link?

the official website is www.iocean.cc

there are now 4 types of iocean x7. (Like seriously)
- iocean x7 youth (1.2 cpu, 4gb +1gb ram)
- iocean x7 youth turbo (1.5 cpu and faster gpu, 4gb+1gb ram)
- iocean x7 plus (1.5 cpu, 13 megapix back cam, 3 megapix front cam according to official site and not seller, faster gpu, 16gb +1 gb ram)
- iocean x7 elite (13 megapix cam , 3 megapix front, 1.5 cpu, 32gb+2gb ram)

price is in the order as above too (elite is around 1500yuan i think). Essentially, the youth came out first and many people bought, the youth turbo is the upgrade on it which solved many problems (which is what i bought), the plus is slight downgrade on the elite.

at the taobao shop, most right option (4G) is 青春版 = youth. I think it is the old stock they trying clear.
left most option (32G) is elite.
(16G) options are the x7 plus.
the all black chinese words one is the buy next batch of something without gifts. (he doesnt say what model, but it is cheaper but not recommended)

i bought the all black 青春版 turbo , which is the 3rd picture from the right (also 4G). Youth turbo with white back is 2nd pic from right. If in doubt, you click on the image, the main big picture will change and you can read the red words on it.

package 4 onwards he sells you 2 battery. so you dont need the 3000 one. It is slightly differently from when i bought, my package 4 only had 1 battery. all packages come with screen protector (which i think is damn good for china one) , microsim cutter and the phone plunger stand.

anyway, when you buy, you can ask ur agent to help you read and choose. when i ordered, i type english into the excel order form, together with the link, package and price of the package. Hirakawa went to the page and edited the order form to show the chinese words as on the page and sent it back to me to ask me to check before i sent the money to him.

Last edited:

Geo

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro gtggtg, really appreciate your help. Let me go thru the models.

Bloody hell, my company's firewall blocks Iocean official website:s27:

gtggtg

Reaction score
Bro gtggtg, really appreciate your help. Let me go thru the models.

Bloody hell, my company's firewall blocks Iocean official website:s27:

haha you can use the seller's desription. He has a nice summary of the plus, youth turbo and elite side by side for you to compare. (3 boxes side by side)

But he state the plus front cam as 5megapix when official says 3 megapix. other than that should be the same.

Geo

Master Member
Reaction score
I think i figured out how to navigate and use the the seller's webpage. Not sure why, the youth turbo box is not click able, no stock?

haha you can use the seller's desription. He has a nice summary of the plus, youth turbo and elite side by side for you to compare. (3 boxes side by side)

But he state the plus front cam as 5megapix when official says 3 megapix. other than that should be the same.

snoopydog

Reaction score

gtggtg

Reaction score
I think i figured out how to navigate and use the the seller's webpage. Not sure why, the youth turbo box is not click able, no stock?

hahah i can click on firefox what.机身颜色 is 4G black, 3rd from right. got the orange tick in the box means selected already. the big picture should also say iocean x7 youth turbo.

then u select ur package 手机套餐. then you can see the price change on top already.

gtggtg

Reaction score
Hi guys, I kind of narrowed down to this mini ipad alternative, Cube U55GT...all in one with call function, GPS, etc... Taobao about 999 Yuan..

Looks good from the youtube video

Cube TALK79 U55GT MT8389 Android 4.2.2 7.9 Inch IPS Screen 1024*768 16GB Bluetooth 3G - YouTube

Any thoughts?

A bit confused as to whether it has a TF card slot or not..??
Also , whether got MHL support to connect to HDMI tv since no HDMI port out.

haha pal you are in the wrong thread, alot of u55gt talk is in the china tablet thread. i also read that thread and like the Cube u55gt. i dont see a external microsd card slot. also note it use a nano sim and not micro sim. haha at least according to the official tmall store.

Geo

Master Member
Reaction score
hahah i can click on firefox what.机身颜色 is 4G black, 3rd from right. got the orange tick in the box means selected already. the big picture should also say iocean x7 youth turbo.

then u select ur package 手机套餐. then you can see the price change on top already.

Oh i see. Finally figured it out but just need to confirm that the "
机身内存: 4G" is mandatory field to click regardless of which model i choose right?

How to contact Hirakwa? I will send you a PM on that. BTW, what's the difference btw Hirakawa and agent like peeka.com.sg?

gtggtg

Reaction score
Oh i see. Finally figured it out but just need to confirm that the "
机身内存: 4G" is mandatory field to click regardless of which model i choose right?

How to contact Hirakwa? I will send you a PM on that. BTW, what's the difference btw Hirakawa and agent like peeka.com.sg?

haha ya i think it is mandatory, anyway your youth turbo is 4g so u got nothing to lose.

replied you in detail in pm but essentially hirakawa is freight forwarder not agent.
haha if you looking for agent, you can go http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...o-agent-singapore-recommendation-3454694.html

and get all the agents in Hardwarezone to send you their rates. :s13:

snoopydog

Reaction score
haha pal you are in the wrong thread, alot of u55gt talk is in the china tablet thread. i also read that thread and like the Cube u55gt. i dont see a external microsd card slot. also note it use a nano sim and not micro sim. haha at least according to the official tmall store.

Ooops...thanks.
Will repost in the tablet thread :s22:

gtggtg

Reaction score
iocean x7

woah , just got the iocean x7 3000mah battery. it is twice the thickness of the 2000mah battery.

in fact, the back cover and the original hard case is no longer needed as the cover that came with the 3000mah battery acts as both.

will report back on calibration and usage tomorrow or so.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.