Essential phone

rharish_21

Reaction score
Who said there is no software update for this? Infact this is one of the first non-google phone to get Android P.

It also used to get timely security updates before the Android P. More frequently than the Oneplus too.

Singaporean80

Banned
Reaction score
Who said there is no software update for this? Infact this is one of the first non-google phone to get Android P.

It also used to get timely security updates before the Android P. More frequently than the Oneplus too.

Huh? This phone got Android P liao leh! What software version you want? Android Q? :s22:

Sent from LG G7+ ThinQ using GAGT

I read that the company bankrupt already and they might closed down anytime if they cant raised money .:o

darkazelf

Reaction score
I read that the company bankrupt already and they might closed down anytime if they cant raised money .:o

I think they're looking for buyers, at least the boss denied that that they're backing out. They did promise updates for another 2-3 years so probably going to get Android Q. Although its just a promise. Worst case, just flash custom rom, hopefully these price cuts can bring in more devs for this purpose.

i just called in again since item shipped. The guy said he will schedule cancellation. but have to wait till the item reach SG warehouse first. then initiate refund. long and inefficient process. :s22:

Assuming item reaches SG on Thursday (same day as delivery), I think I'll just refuse the delivery, saves the hassle of another phone call.

Or if anyone missed this promo but wish to get it at a low price of $360, feel free to PM me before Thursday :s13:. I don't mind taking slight loss, just don't want to deal with another refund process this month... :s22:

Singaporean80

Banned
Reaction score
Okok...thanks for the fast reply...Vivo update good?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

lousy china phone. I thought wanna hoot essential but scared they might jus closed down and iam left with a phone with no updates.:o nowadays XDA also not many devs liao..:o

edmund_gan

Reaction score
lousy china phone. I thought wanna hoot essential but scared they might jus closed down and iam left with a phone with no updates.:o nowadays XDA also not many devs liao..:o
I have bought 2 essential ..played one..and sold both..it's really stock...and it's solid with on time firmware update....Vivo and oppo ..I will not "play" unless I got solid reason ....have you played with stock android before?

Singaporean80

Banned
Reaction score
I have bought 2 essential ..played one..and sold both..it's really stock...and it's solid with on time firmware update....Vivo and oppo ..I will not "play" unless I got solid reason ....have you played with stock android before?

yup OPPO this china phone really cmi .i have own nexus 5,nexus 6p .i skip the pixel series as really overprice. now looking around for stock android phone.considering the xiaomi A2 also..:o

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think they're looking for buyers, at least the boss denied that that they're backing out. They did promise updates for another 2-3 years so probably going to get Android Q. Although its just a promise. Worst case, just flash custom rom, hopefully these price cuts can bring in more devs for this purpose.

Assuming item reaches SG on Thursday (same day as delivery), I think I'll just refuse the delivery, saves the hassle of another phone call.

Or if anyone missed this promo but wish to get it at a low price of $360, feel free to PM me before Thursday :s13:. I don't mind taking slight loss, just don't want to deal with another refund process this month... :s22:

haha. for me i don't want to bother with selling the phone or posting on carousell for just break even. need to spend time as well. I have no wish to flip the phone for a profit as well. so refund is the easiest for me. Anyway not a huge amount of money, can wait. No need to take a loss for nothing. haha.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
edited lolol

ninja buy. lol.

xiaosen

Reaction score
Try Wish or Amazon.

As long as it protects the phone and you're comfortable with it then it should be fine.

Sent from Essential Products PH-1 using GAGT
I have a spare tempered glass if you're interested.

Thanks will try on amazon. Can pm me ur tg?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 using GAGT

w3

Reaction score
why u all wanna buy a phone tat does not have anymore software support and updates ?:o

this is really a solid phone. monthly security update without fail, and upgraded to latest android 9 beginning of this month via ota.
and what is the point of buying a phone from a renowned brand but never even push a single update to u?

genexus

Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can get a casing off the shelf at shop?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.