Google Pixel 2 and XL 2 accessories thread

therealkopicat

Reaction score
Whitestone Dome Glass for Pixel 2 XL!

Hi everyone!

Managed to get my hands on a review set of the Whitestone Dome Glass for the Pixel 2 XL so am just sharing my experience on here.

Installation is definitely more tedious than normal screen protectors, but I guess the end result is what sets Whitestone apart from the other tempered glass screen protectors in the market. As what some of you have mentioned, the Dome Glass for the Pixel 2 XL is more of a flat tempered glass and does not cover the curved edges of the screen. I guess this is partly to make it as compatible as possible with most cases. Dimensions for compatible cases are also given in the product listing on Amazon.

Before I got the Whitestone Dome Glass, I was using a generic flat tempered glass screen protector. The issue with this was that there was a white zone along the edges. Glad to say that the Whitestone Dome Glass has no such issue :)

As it was my first time installing a Whitestone Dome Glass on any device ever, I was quite worried that I would encounter issues along the way. If you are not confident installing it on your own, I guess as some of you suggested, you can always get the experts at Whitestone Singapore to do it for you. My first attempt did not turn out well as somehow there was a very tiny air bubble trapped somewhere in the middle of the bottom right quarter of the screen. Ended up having to remove the protector and rework, which can be quite stressful. Luckily the second attempt worked out more or less fine. Read on some other online forums that it would be good to let the protector sit for 24 hours after curing just to be sure that it is properly installed. I made the mistake of putting on my phone case (Spigen Crystal Shell) a few hours after curing, and the adhesive at the bottom corners of the protector kinda got affected a little and I saw one tiny air bubble at each corner. Luckily they were gone by the next day :)

Have been using the phone with the Whitestone Dome Glass on for a couple of days now, and must say I am quite pleased with the feel and look. Hope the above managed to provide some of you with a bit more information about the Dome Glass for Pixel 2 XL :)

Cheers!

P.S. I tried to insert some pics of my Pixel 2 XL with the Whitestone Dome Glass installed but was not able to as I do not have sufficient posts. Sorry about that :/

temytemy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Managed to get my hands on a review set of the Whitestone Dome Glass for the Pixel 2 XL so am just sharing my experience on here.

Installation is definitely more tedious than normal screen protectors, but I guess the end result is what sets Whitestone apart from the other tempered glass screen protectors in the market. As what some of you have mentioned, the Dome Glass for the Pixel 2 XL is more of a flat tempered glass and does not cover the curved edges of the screen. I guess this is partly to make it as compatible as possible with most cases. Dimensions for compatible cases are also given in the product listing on Amazon.

Before I got the Whitestone Dome Glass, I was using a generic flat tempered glass screen protector. The issue with this was that there was a white zone along the edges. Glad to say that the Whitestone Dome Glass has no such issue :)

As it was my first time installing a Whitestone Dome Glass on any device ever, I was quite worried that I would encounter issues along the way. If you are not confident installing it on your own, I guess as some of you suggested, you can always get the experts at Whitestone Singapore to do it for you. My first attempt did not turn out well as somehow there was a very tiny air bubble trapped somewhere in the middle of the bottom right quarter of the screen. Ended up having to remove the protector and rework, which can be quite stressful. Luckily the second attempt worked out more or less fine. Read on some other online forums that it would be good to let the protector sit for 24 hours after curing just to be sure that it is properly installed. I made the mistake of putting on my phone case (Spigen Crystal Shell) a few hours after curing, and the adhesive at the bottom corners of the protector kinda got affected a little and I saw one tiny air bubble at each corner. Luckily they were gone by the next day :)

Have been using the phone with the Whitestone Dome Glass on for a couple of days now, and must say I am quite pleased with the feel and look. Hope the above managed to provide some of you with a bit more information about the Dome Glass for Pixel 2 XL :)

Cheers!

P.S. I tried to insert some pics of my Pixel 2 XL with the Whitestone Dome Glass installed but was not able to as I do not have sufficient posts. Sorry about that :/

Do you think it is worth the price?

eileenlingyl

Reaction score
Anyone knows where can I order Google’s original case online? Can’t seem to find their Carbon Fabric Case :s11:
The case looks darker than the cement case given by SingTel

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Cheers!

How can it be that they manufacture the glass to not curve just to fit the cases. Then what about Samsung galaxies? The glass are all curved and it still fits into cases.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
IMO, the Google case is not a good case. Thick and feels slippery. Not to mention fabric material will attract dust and stains. I would stay away from it esepcially for that price.

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
IMO, the Google case is not a good case. Thick and feels slippery. Not to mention fabric material will attract dust and stains. I would stay away from it esepcially for that price.

I loved it tho, the only reason I'm not using it now is cause it doesn't stock to my car phone mount.

the stain part, bo bian cause fabric.

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a Google daydream VR headset to work with pixel 2XL ,
The viewing experience is not bad.

What I like the most is the immediate conversion of pananomic and 360deg photos found on my photo gallery (took with my Nexus series of phones) to VR photo for you.

It is stunning to get a feel of you are as if standing at the real scene, as you had been to the place, the memory lane walk through experience is super cool.

Google pixel 2 XL hardware is adequate to play with VR

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
I loved it tho, the only reason I'm not using it now is cause it doesn't stock to my car phone mount.

the stain part, bo bian cause fabric.
The feel is not bad lah but i still prefer using those cheaper tpu case hahah. Feels grippier lol.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This looks not bad ..

https://eurekachoice.com/products/google-pixel-2-fiber-carbon-case

pzcLVPil.png

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT

therealkopicat

Reaction score
Do you think it is worth the price?

I would say it depends what one's budget and preference is; personally I am satisfied with the Whitestone as the feel of the protector is very smooth, touch responsiveness is good, there is no rainbow effect + no dot matrix. The fact it does not cover the curved edges of the screen may be a dealbreaker for some though, as dust may sit in the gap between the protector and the case. Not an issue for me as I usually wipe down my phone every now and then anyway.

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
IMG_20180104_121934.jpg

intelliglass pro for the 2XL just arrived... looks pretty similar to imak. :s8:

temytemy

Reaction score
IMG_20180104_121934.jpg

intelliglass pro for the 2XL just arrived... looks pretty similar to imak. :s8:

Thanks for this. Up till now I still don't see anyone who uses the HD version. I personally feel the Pro version is also like Imak's one.

Last edited:

eileenlingyl

Reaction score
First Charge time

anyone knows how many hours do I have to charge for the first timer on a pixel 2XL?

Last edited:

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how many hours do I have to charge for the first timer on a pixel 2XL?

Lol why u post general queries in accessories thread? Anyway just charge normally. No such thing as first time charge anymore like in the past.

tangxx

Reaction score
Any recommendations for pixel 2 normal screen protector? The one I bought doesn't fit nicely
veNonvrl.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.