the OnePlus 5 !!!

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Exactly, because you mentioned to compare it with US pricing to see the significant difference in pricing which is not accurate.

Yup, because you mentioned not low, but as you have read/watched US based reviewers, it is still quite a bit cheaper compared to other flagships with similar spec.

I don't disagree it is not "low" anymore like OPO time, but it is still not that ex, considering their pricing.

Bringing in export set with +++ is our prob, not OP.

Wait, the OPO3 sold by Lazada direct previously, if spoil go where service?

Yup, like mentioned by others, no servicing, OP does not do repair. They only do exchange/replacement. I have dealt with their US support during OP2 time. We send the defective device to their HK warehouse, then get back in US (since I purchased from their US store).

Last edited:

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
HK store 128gb out of stock, left 64.

Not sure if it's a good idea to get 64gb but 128 is overkill for me anyway

resurrexia

Reaction score
Yup, like mentioned by others, no servicing, OP does not do repair. They only do exchange/replacement. I have dealt with their US support during OP2 time. We send the defective device to their HK warehouse, then get back in US (since I purchased from their US store).

So they ship it straight back to you? Or need forwarder to get the phone back?

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
So they ship it straight back to you? Or need forwarder to get the phone back?

Of course, needs forwarder, since I purchased from oneplus.net US site. I dealt with them twice for the same device. First received a 1-1 replacement brand new device, but the replacement was also defective, so asked for full refund and got full refund.

So where to get case and tempered glass? :D

Amazon? Qoo10?

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Of course, needs forwarder, since I purchased from oneplus.net US site. I dealt with them twice for the same device. First received a 1-1 replacement brand new device, but the replacement was also defective, so asked for full refund and got full refund.

Amazon? Qoo10?

Haha don't have leh yet checked.

I missed buying the welcome pack else settled alr. Anyone else bought the phone and bought a case and tempered glass? Can share kink

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Planning to slap either a dbrand or slickwrap without case and tg. Seems like the side is a bit curved.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, because you mentioned not low, but as you have read/watched US based reviewers, it is still quite a bit cheaper compared to other flagships with similar spec.

I don't disagree it is not "low" anymore like OPO time, but it is still not that ex, considering their pricing.

Bringing in export set with +++ is our prob, not OP.

Exactly, that's why it will not be attractive to us now to buy OP5.

The price to bring it in will be like <$100 compared to getting let's say S8.

The youtube reviews are all saying for the price of OP5, it will be attractive as compared to S8.

But for us, factoring all the shipping/GST/etc etc and also the lack of onsite warranty support, is it worth to get it?

Especially for this OP5, there is no "wow" factor for us to say it is a must get.

But in any case, I will still be getting it IF Qoo10 has attractive coupons and my experience with OP3 wasn't bad.

resurrexia

Reaction score

What forwarder did you use?

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
End up cancel my order. See what price appears on qoo10 and Lzd first. No rush to buy anyway

tokenbest

Reaction score
please share the good deals if there are any qoo10/lazada coupons haha.
i'm currently debating with myself now to get OP5 or HTC U11, both so tempting.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who bought the early drop. Pls share total damage including forwarder fees?

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong woth NSE? I bought a mi5s plus from them before, it died, they sent back and fix it and I got it back working for FREE cause under warranty. Song bo

I bought from them many times, mostly self collection. But there was once where I bought a Redmi Note 3 from them via LAZADA and when it arrived, there were used marks especially on the fingerprint scanner(shouldn't have happened as flashing to global rom doesn't require the protective layer to be peeled off and then pasted back again) so i'm guessing that it's a used/returned set and the rom is modified rom that can't be updated to official global rom unless it's done via fast boot or unlock bootloader.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought from them many times, mostly self collection. But there was once where I bought a Redmi Note 3 from them via LAZADA and when it arrived, there were used marks especially on the fingerprint scanner(shouldn't have happened as flashing to global rom doesn't require the protective layer to be peeled off and then pasted back again) so i'm guessing that it's a used set and the rom is modified rom that can't be updated to official global rom unless it's done via fast boot or unlock bootloader.

I think as long as the phone is fine these "sacrifices" are worth it for a local point of support/warranty.

Ya their custom roms suck but all the China sellers do it too. Just unlock bootloader flash and lock back lor.

My wife's mi5s plus was from a China seller, got a slightly dented model that can't paste tempered glass properly, and seller ignore me on qoo10. Qoo10 no help also.

NSE at least u can go there bang table haha

They paste tempered glass for really cheap also $5.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.