HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Realme 3 Pro or others?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2019, 01:58 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thumbs up Realme 3 Pro or others?

Hi folks, I'm looking at replacing my aging cellphone but realized there are just so many options!

1) Samsung A70 6/128GB SD675 (local 1 yr warranty)
2) Realme 3 Pro 6/128GB SD710 (local 2 years warranty)
3) Pocophone F1 6/64GB SD845 (export)
4) Xiaomi Note 7 Pro 6/128GB SD675 (export)
5) Samsung A60 6/64GB SD675 (export)

Out of the list, A70 has the largest screen and it's amoled and most expensive at around $400.

Battery durability goes to Samsung from experience, not too sure about Realme as I'm not an Oppo user. Xiaomi phones have cheap parts but battery is not lasting.

Feel free to post your own experiences and what is the best price you've seen for the list, thank you.
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #2

I'll just list some pros and cons of each phone that I think are important.

a70
pros:
huge and good amoled panel
largest battery out of all phones in the list
has local warranty
has wide angle camera

cons:
expensive (as u mentioned)

realme 3 pro
pros:
has vooc charging which can be faster than qc
longer local warranty than a70

cons:
microusb
slowest chipset in list
overall not really value for money

poco
pros:
fastest chipset in list

cons:
hardware lottery means can kena chop carrot head (but should be fine by now)
dated design with gigantic notch and chin

rn7p
pros:
very cheap, if hoot from taobao now only $280
has glass back, more resistant to scratches
has ir blaster

cons:
only china miui, have to install google services yourself

a60
pros:
has wide angle lens

cons:
no headphone jack
smallest battery in list
limited availability

in the redmi note 7 thread someone sic a $229 qoo10 listing for a60, so if u interested can take a look, but looks like limited time offer so must hoot fast. also why pocophone u don't want buy local? I see got one qoo10 listing for poco local set with warranty, some more same price as realme 3 pro. that's why I say realme 3 pro not value for money, and I find that most of oppo's and realme's offerings also same, with the realme x being a notable exception.
personally would go for xiaomi products since they are generally good value when u import from china, but samsung's a series offerings aren't bad at all either. also both the poco and rn7p have strong dev communities, so that is another plus for me.

Last edited by NightRaven49; 01-08-2019 at 07:41 AM..
NightRaven49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pocophone for sure unless you don't like the display.

I would skip rm3 pro because micro usb in 2019.

The rest are fairly similar. Choose according to your preferred battery, display type/size and user interface.
xonix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Realme 3 pro 6/128gb wif SD710 Abt 300+ okay mah, but if dun need the 6gb ram den I rather get the local 4/128gb note 7 at $300 since have warranty.
Ultimo_Urien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:49 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

in the redmi note 7 thread someone sic a $229 qoo10 listing for a60, so if u interested can take a look, but looks like limited time offer so must hoot fast. also why pocophone u don't want buy local? I see got one qoo10 listing for poco local set with warranty, some more same price as realme 3 pro. that's why I say realme 3 pro not value for money, and I find that most of oppo's and realme's offerings also same, with the realme x being a notable exception.
personally would go for xiaomi products since they are generally good value when u import from china, but samsung's a series offerings aren't bad at all either. also both the poco and rn7p have strong dev communities, so that is another plus for me.
Most of the Pocophones that has warranty are not local SG warranty right? They are referring to China warranty. I've checked out their official website in Lazada but there's no Pocophone anymore.

Actually I'm a big user of Xiaomi phones, I have at least 7 Xiaomi phones but SO is sick of seeing me DIY battery replacements so she's rather against me buying another Xiaomi phone.

On the other hand, I always buy Samsung Note phones for her and to be frank, they are really more lasting (comes with a heavy price).

Pocophone for sure unless you don't like the display.

I would skip rm3 pro because micro usb in 2019.

The rest are fairly similar. Choose according to your preferred battery, display type/size and user interface.
Pocophone is good but is local Xiaomi still selling the local warranty ones?

Realme 3 pro 6/128gb wif SD710 Abt 300+ okay mah, but if dun need the 6gb ram den I rather get the local 4/128gb note 7 at $300 since have warranty.
Actually my SO is asking me to buy the A70 but the Realme 3 Pro has 2 years of local warranty and SD710 isn't that bad compared to SD675.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Most of the Pocophones that has warranty are not local SG warranty right? They are referring to China warranty. I've checked out their official website in Lazada but there's no Pocophone anymore.

Actually I'm a big user of Xiaomi phones, I have at least 7 Xiaomi phones but SO is sick of seeing me DIY battery replacements so she's rather against me buying another Xiaomi phone.

On the other hand, I always buy Samsung Note phones for her and to be frank, they are really more lasting (comes with a heavy price).

Actually my SO is asking me to buy the A70 but the Realme 3 Pro has 2 years of local warranty and SD710 isn't that bad compared to SD675.
The A70 I got it to replace mimax 3 when I heard max 4 not coming but den sold it off after 1 mnth usage, for some reason the phone seems laggy during certain ops and hang few times when playing certain games, can go the samsung A70 thread read abt it. Maybe variable incidents but depends on individuals bah.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:53 AM   #7

wat tokking u? xiaomi sg still got sell poco ah, I just search pocophone in lazada first 2 listings are from official store with 1 year local warranty, but abit the ex ah. u want u can also go the physical store, I'm sure they still sell also. qoo10 have local set poco + warranty going for $100 cheaper, so maybe better to hoot from there.

also there's no such thing as a china pocophone, it is global only
Old 01-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Xiaomi is selling Pocophone F1 locally but you generally can only get it close to SRP if purchased through their official online stores.

I managed to get my local pocophone at the good price after applying promotion voucher.

However the cheapest price you can get is still from export sets.
xonix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:17 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I actually went down to an official Oppo outlet today.

There is a difference in warranty coverage between Oppo and Realme phones in Singapore.

Oppo phones are covered for screen problems (crack, shatter, etc) for the first year while Realme ones are not (just like the rest).

Played around with the Realme 3 Pro and it feels pretty smooth. Good news is there are already custom ROMs for the phone .
Old 02-08-2019, 02:18 AM   #10
Master Member

Realme3pro. About 320 online qoo10 local set.
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Realme3pro. About 320 online qoo10 local set.
So you think that's the best buy from my list of phones?
Old 03-08-2019, 09:24 AM   #12

u top up $40 on top of that r3p can get poco already, which is a lot better imo.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

u top up $40 on top of that r3p can get poco already, which is a lot better imo.
What price is local Poco with warranty? The Realme 3 Pro comes with 2 years local and Samsung A70 1 year.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

What price is local Poco with warranty? The Realme 3 Pro comes with 2 years local and Samsung A70 1 year.
Just went Lazmall, a Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (6GB+128GB) Armoured Edition cost $479 (export phones are cheaper of course).
Old 03-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #15

look a bit harder can?
https://www.qoo10.sg/g/639244262
this one only got black colour and 64gb but is local set + 1 year warranty, about $360. some more poco have sdcard slot, so storage not that big of an issue, and 64gb was on your original list anyway

also pls la, rm3p custom rom dev community is quite pathetic compared to poco.

Last edited by NightRaven49; 04-08-2019 at 09:55 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.