HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Realme Phones

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #1

Realme Phones

Bought a Realme X (8/128) this week for rmb1599 promo price. Had to self install Google Play because it’s Chinese rom, now trying to install gcam apk.

Set feels a bit thick and heavy compared to Xiaomi or Honor. Performance is ok but camera can’t compare with my other 6S Plus or Pixel 2XL.

Specs is ok for a SGD300+ phone and I quite like the 6.5” screen.
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:16 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

From Taobao but phone has no card slot right?
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:02 AM   #3

Correct, sim catd slots only

From Taobao but phone has no card slot right?
Old 03-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Correct, sim catd slots only
Not bad, that price include shipping charges? Does warranty apply in SG if buy from China (Oppo)?
Old 03-08-2019, 09:24 AM   #5

Bought and collected in China, no warranty in Singapore. Is acceptable for me since I spend a lot of time in China and can send it back if something goes wrong. Probably won't be acceptable for most people
Old 04-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bought and collected in China, no warranty in Singapore. Is acceptable for me since I spend a lot of time in China and can send it back if something goes wrong. Probably won't be acceptable for most people
No wonder.

Yeah, if you go China often then no issue. I thought about buying phones when I fly Hong Kong but never had the time (too busy with work).
Old 06-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Bought a Realme X (8/128) this week for rmb1599 promo price. Had to self install Google Play because itís Chinese rom, now trying to install gcam apk.

Set feels a bit thick and heavy compared to Xiaomi or Honor. Performance is ok but camera canít compare with my other 6S Plus or Pixel 2XL.

Specs is ok for a SGD300+ phone and I quite like the 6.5Ē screen.
wow thats cheap! whats the difference between chinese rom and global rom? is it easy to install playstore on chinese rom?
wc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:26 PM   #8

Can Google search for the installation procedure. It'snot difficult to install the basic Google play. But I could not get the gcam to work so now still using the pre-installed apps for taking photos

wow thats cheap! whats the difference between chinese rom and global rom? is it easy to install playstore on chinese rom?
Old 16-08-2019, 08:40 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Can Google search for the installation procedure. It'snot difficult to install the basic Google play. But I could not get the gcam to work so now still using the pre-installed apps for taking photos
i have just got my realme x today. Did you manage to create a realme account? seems like need a number with +86
wc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #10

I used a +86 number to register. Not much use to me as I hardly download those Chinese apps anyway.

i have just got my realme x today. Did you manage to create a realme account? seems like need a number with +86
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.