Xiaomi Singapore very bad product & service!

mun

Reaction score
Today, went to replace my 2 faulty mibands during lunch time after received their calls to inform the stock is here yesterday. My overall experience with their service centre is good. Just shown them your order no of your purchase of mibands will do (login to mi store to retrieve your order). Even informed me that miband comes with 1 year warranty while the band and the charging connector have 6 month warranty.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today, went to replace my 2 faulty mibands during lunch time after received their calls to inform the stock is here yesterday. My overall experience with their service centre is good. Just shown them your order no of your purchase of mibands will do (login to mi store to retrieve your order). Even informed me that miband comes with 1 year warranty while the band and the charging connector have 6 month warranty.

How long did you wait for the replacement?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Service is OK lah. Remember, pay peanuts get monkeys. I m still OK with their service, for the donkey price I paid for their cheap phones, I cannot expect much out of it seriously including service. Same goes to any other service line. Customer is KING concept does not work on me unless they pay like a king. Else there is no ground for demanding royal treatment. If I want a service staff to serve me well, I better prepare to give him/her a fat tip at the end of the day.

Si Xiaomi service center should set up 2 Q. One for those who purchased their high end phone like Mi3 Mi4 and the other peanut Q for Redmi owner?

How do you know they are not "well" paid to start with?

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Si Xiaomi service center should set up 2 Q. One for those who purchased their high end phone like Mi3 Mi4 and the other peanut Q for Redmi owner?

How do you know they are not "well" paid to start with?

So, r u a mi3/mi4 owner or redmi owner? :p

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no matter how cheap the plastic is, it won't just shattered on its own. even if it is made of tofu, it still requires external force to damage it. we read your disclaimers but that's one-sided at best and even it is the whole truth, it only explains that you didn't deliberately break it. you could have broke it unknowingly when the phone was placed in your pants/bag as a result of an external force (an unawared slight knock or something). you would only realize it much later when you used the camera function as stated.

and yes Samsung note 3 is 3x tougher than this cheapo, but the cost is also at least 3x dearer. so the comparison is unfair to begin with. if a phone has to be this cheap, something somewhere has to be compromised.

as for the "rude and sarcastic stare" - this is your subjective assessment. when one inside is boey song already, he thinks that the whole world is against him. and man, talking about it, how does a "sarcastic stare" look like? :s22:

again i find this not an apple to apple comparison. service standards are usually good at the point of payment.

you try talking to the staff when you were already 3/4 down the drink. tell them you didn't like the coffee because at first the coffee was perfect, but the last 1/4 cup was really awful for no apparent reason. you swear to them that you didn't break the cup, the coffee was always handled properly and yada yada.

check if the starbucks crews give you any rude and sarcastic stare as if you were lying, report to us after that. TQ.

weren't you comparing xiaomi service centre and starbucks earlier!?

walk the talk my friend.

100% logical and agreed with u.

TS: i was like u last time when i send my iphone 5 for repair. i claimed that i didnt drop or bend my iphone but the metal just dent and chip off easily when i am just doing normal action by putting the phone on the table. the first apple guy refused to change for me and asked me to pay $360 if i wan to repair it. he even reocmmend me to put a casing for my next iphone. i argued 1 hour with him and 20 minutes with second apple guy and finally they accepted my reason that i did not drop or bend their phone due to their CHEAP AND SOFT METAL BUILT ON IPHONE 5.

in fact i always dropped my phone from chest height. is just ur one side story. if u really wanna change for free. argue like me. call their service center directly and prepare for a long war like me.

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
asus service sucks.

sent in company laptop. at first say 1-2 weeks. 2 weeks later called back and they told me need to wait 1 more month for spare parts as they need to order it from oversea. bla bla bla after long wait of 2+ months just finished repair.

my friend's laptop sent in for service also. 1-2 weeks. bla bla bla called back say need to order spare parts from oversea also.
his laptop was sent in the week before chinese new year which is around 10 of feb,until now he is still waiting for spare part.

wtf asus? no spare parts at ur service center?those laptop models are new!!

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
asus service sucks.

sent in company laptop. at first say 1-2 weeks. 2 weeks later called back and they told me need to wait 1 more month for spare parts as they need to order it from oversea. bla bla bla after long wait of 2+ months just finished repair.

my friend's laptop sent in for service also. 1-2 weeks. bla bla bla called back say need to order spare parts from oversea also.
his laptop was sent in the week before chinese new year which is around 10 of feb,until now he is still waiting for spare part.

emm, this thread is talking about xiaomi ;)

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
emm, this thread is talking about xiaomi ;)

yea, but alot of ppl using asus 199 or 299 phone comparing with xiaomi phone and xiaomi service saying asus cheap but can provide good service why xiaomi canot.

so i just bringing out wat i encountered with asus.

ok i shall stop hijacking the thread. back to xiaomi

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
yea, but alot of ppl using asus 199 or 299 phone comparing with xiaomi phone and xiaomi service saying asus cheap but can provide good service why xiaomi canot.

so i just bringing out wat i encountered with asus.

ok i shall stop hijacking the thread. back to xiaomi
oops, paiseh... thanks for explaining

i think service centres for most brands have a lot of room for improvement...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Roughly abt 30min from the time I pressed for a queue no till I got my replacement cos not much ppl at that time.

Not the time for replacement. The time fro the day you call till stock is ready for exchange.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
asus service sucks.

If you compare laptop. Lenovo do the same. So in other words. Price is not a factor.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
u pay peanut u get monkey

$$229 considered "peanut" ?

No wonder many companies selling same things at much higher price here --> Because of Sinkie like you !
High Price ≠ Premier Service !

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$$229 considered "peanut" ?

No wonder many companies selling same things at much higher price here --> Because of Sinkie like you !
High Price ≠ Premier Service !

To some people=yes (even for their children !).
Again, we should never tie High Price with Premier Service.

mun

Reaction score
Not the time for replacement. The time fro the day you call till stock is ready for exchange.

I see. first reported the faulty mibands on 4/2 till I got the replacement on 26/2. Total waiting time is 22days. Some may find too long or unacceptable, but it is fine to me cos I am not in hurry (may not feel the same if it is my phone). Just my opinion.

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol me too having issue. Mine was phone lag. They upgrade firmware liao still lag. Then i ask them on the phone for me. They also cant on as and when preferred so they told me button spoil. 2mth liao. Still no call me. I call them no one pick. Another number got ppl pick but is pinoy and they told me they cant check. -_-". Mayb i just leave it there take it as a lessonnot going buy anymore tiong phone

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol me too having issue. Mine was phone lag. They upgrade firmware liao still lag. Then i ask them on the phone for me. They also cant on as and when preferred so they told me button spoil. 2mth liao. Still no call me. I call them no one pick. Another number got ppl pick but is pinoy and they told me they cant check. -_-". Mayb i just leave it there take it as a lessonnot going buy anymore tiong phone

Suggest you email, as there will be documentation of the delay
service.sg@xiaomi.com

snookie51

Reaction score
How to get $1 at Kopitiam any more.
Also, it is very wrong to rate services vs what you have paid. Services is a element. priceless.

So it does not matter if you pay $1K or $100. s what the brand/maker think whether they want to do long term business that matter.

Ai pi you ai ci mentality

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.