HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi Singapore very bad product & service!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #1

Thumbs down Xiaomi Singapore very bad product & service!

My complaint:

My 2 week Redmi Note 4G was all the way in my pocket. It never dropped! Never hit anywhere! Was not involved in any accident of any kind! When i went back home. Had to take a photo, took it out and found my rear camera protective plastic shattered! I really dont understand. I have handled my Ex Samsung Galaxy note 3 much rougher than this and this was never a problem for me! I am totally disappointed! I read online that i am not the only one to encounter this. What cheap plastic is being used???

Xiaomi Representative:

Hi There

Do send it down to a service centre for further assessment of your device.

Rgds
BL23

AFTER GOING TO XIAOMI SERVICE CENTRE IN CLARKE QUAY

I ended up paying $25 for the change of that cheap plastic. It was damaged because of the cheap material and I had to pay. I am totally unsatisfied with the service center staff. I will be selling this 2 week old phone and will not recommended to anyone ever. Here are some of the events that took place at the service center in Clarke Quay:

1. A female staff gave me a very rude and sarcastic stare as if i was lying when I explained what happened to cause the damage.

2. She could not handle my request and handed over the case to another male staff who suggested that I should remove the damaged plastic and use a scotch tape to cover the camera. What?! He even told me that there were ONLY 10 customers with the exact same problem. He said it is not a big issue as it is only 10 out of 10000 phones they have sold.

3. I managed to get them to do the repair. I was told to come back when they call to inform they were done. I went for dinner. There was no call for nearly 3 hours so I went back there.

4. They told me the phone was done. I took the phone, noticed dents and scratches around the camera lens area!

5. When I informed them of the scratches and dents, He looked at his colleague and both of them seemed irritated and were just silent. I stood there holding the phone in front of him.

6. They took my phone again and did it correctly this time. I removed the cover to insert my sim and sd card and notice that the external antenna cover (a small round cover) was missing. I informed the guy and he went in again to look for the cover and covered it up.

7. The orange stickers on the 2 screws which will void warranty if removed/tempered has been broken. The service staff told me that it will not be a problem in future. I will be calling Xioami customer service tomorrow to confirm this.

8. I went down to Starbucks right after all this and I felt like a king. Starbucks service is 100 times better!

This is my first and last Xiaomi phone. I will never recommend their phone to anyone! I am sharing my experience to let everyone know of their super bad service!

Thank you for reading.
Souljer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 12:48 AM   #2

Suggest you email service.sg@xiaomi.com to feedback.

They can then review your case and perhaps provide you with an explanation
caterham7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 01:30 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

tiong phone, tiong service.
|||||||||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 01:32 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

tiong phone, tiong service.
In other words, get what u pay for
cherryboom and alamakazim like this.
Old 22-02-2015, 02:01 AM   #5

I experienced bad customer service as well from them as well. Though not as bad as what TS received. Probably because my issue was just that my Redmi Note the software had problem.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 07:35 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I experienced bad customer service as well from them as well. Though not as bad as what TS received. Probably because my issue was just that my Redmi Note the software had problem.
same. my mi3 has software issue. people at there ok reh
Old 22-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #7

I ended up paying $25 for the change of that cheap plastic. It was damaged because of the cheap material and I had to pay. I am totally unsatisfied with the service center staff. I will be selling this 2 week old phone and will not recommended to anyone ever. Here are some of the events that took place at the service center in Clarke Quay:

8. I went down to Starbucks right after all this and I felt like a king. Starbucks service is 100 times better!
You must be quite young, as nowadays young people tend to drink coffee in starbucks rather than kopitiam. so comparing the service in starbucks is useless because starbucks charge you > $5 for a coffee, whereas kopitiam only $1, so $5 makes you happy you might as well go buy a $1k phone.

The $25 you paid for includes labour charge as well, just like your starbucks include the labour charge and rental in their $5 coffee. So there is no need to complain on $25 for 'cheap plastic'.
tk, shuttlex, cherryboom and 3 others like this.
AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

young or not it doesn't matter. Coffee and phone issue should be separate issues.

Xiaomi's service seems to be really bad.

There are tons of complains over at the tablet thread about the quality of the local Mipads.
porcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
Supremacy Member

Er. My Redmi Note had screen bleed issue. Went there. Got it back in half an hour. Was informed on SMS. So what's the problem?
furyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #10

Didn't encounter any problems with my Xiaomi devices and PBs, so fingers crossed..

mingfreakrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone kana the powerbank can't charge within 1 month n went service centre?
was told that the powerbank not under wrty
sian to the max sia
Old 22-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #12

anyone kana the powerbank can't charge within 1 month n went service centre?
was told that the powerbank not under wrty
sian to the max sia
Did you buy the powerbank from xiaomi singapore website?
Old 22-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #13

young or not it doesn't matter. Coffee and phone issue should be separate issues.

Xiaomi's service seems to be really bad.

There are tons of complains over at the tablet thread about the quality of the local Mipads.
Have to do research before buying; not every model of a brand is good. Mi pad reviews online have mentioned problems with built quality and software
Old 22-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Er. My Redmi Note had screen bleed issue. Went there. Got it back in half an hour. Was informed on SMS. So what's the problem?
Maybe TS expected top notch service like StarBucks.

garychengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

Suggest you email service.sg@xiaomi.com to feedback.

They can then review your case and perhaps provide you with an explanation
Do not waste time. Post on face book to make other aware of it is more effective.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.