www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The Anti-Virus & Internet Security Centre (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/anti-virus-internet-security-centre-297/)
-   -   Desperate help for lao auntie - McAfee and ultrasurf (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/anti-virus-internet-security-centre-297/desperate-help-lao-auntie-mcafee-ultrasurf-5772177.html)

siloti 08-02-2018 01:25 AM

Desperate help for lao auntie - McAfee and ultrasurf

I have McaFee installed.

Now i have two problems.

(1) my McAfee get some funny update on 7 feb (without me knowing, i only found out when i open the unintal-programs and features). and then i have a problem.

(2) i think i have a ultrasurf malwares. How i notice it, i always go to cazila.net for taiwan programs, that is a place they will upload daily new programs.... i have been doing this for 2-3 years, no problem. Today, when i go there, and click on the program, it keeps direct me to ultrasurf and do not go to the program.

Please help.
Thanks.

mrclubbie 09-02-2018 10:39 PM

Isn't the website cazila.com instead ?

Check if you installed Ultrasurf.

Then also try run Malwarebytes/Spybot and see what is the result.

siloti 11-02-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrclubbie (Post 112753007)
Isn't the website cazila.com instead ?

Check if you installed Ultrasurf.

Then also try run Malwarebytes/Spybot and see what is the result.

Thanks, yes, cazila.com. Thanks, problem solved after your advise.
Happy CNY

Mila Azul 15-02-2018 04:51 AM

What i will do;

hijackthis to stop all running apps.

Install hitman pro 30day trial to remove all the malware

or

install bitdefender internet security 90day trial, it will kill al virus/malware

Mila Azul 15-02-2018 04:51 AM

or system restore.

Henry Ng 01-03-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mila Azul (Post 112835204)
What i will do;

hijackthis to stop all running apps.

Install hitman pro 30day trial to remove all the malware

or

install bitdefender internet security 90day trial, it will kill al virus/malware

Bitdefender total security 2018 is better as it is hourly update. Now cyber attack and virus/ ransomware quite sophisticated. Try comodo DNS.

Henry Ng 01-03-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siloti (Post 112721264)
I have McaFee installed.

Now i have two problems.

(1) my McAfee get some funny update on 7 feb (without me knowing, i only found out when i open the unintal-programs and features). and then i have a problem.

(2) i think i have a ultrasurf malwares. How i notice it, i always go to cazila.net for taiwan programs, that is a place they will upload daily new programs.... i have been doing this for 2-3 years, no problem. Today, when i go there, and click on the program, it keeps direct me to ultrasurf and do not go to the program.

Please help.
Thanks.

Use only 1 security suite for your com. You can use Comodo DNS for more security or use ASUS Ai-protection. Bitdefender is hourly update.

siloti 24-04-2018 11:13 PM

Lao Auntie always get virus.....

What is this virus?? Gateway.action
When i open the Google Chrome and play an online game (kuwan8.com) i get this gateway action file coming up.

The online game is OK i have been playing a few years...

If i use firefox or IE or Edge, to play the game, this irritant Gateway.Action do not happen.

What is this? a new virus?

Please help to clear this virus, because i cannot load the game.

eric3743 25-04-2018 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siloti (Post 114026172)
Lao Auntie always get virus.....

What is this virus?? Gateway.action
When i open the Google Chrome and play an online game (kuwan8.com) i get this gateway action file coming up.

The online game is OK i have been playing a few years...

If i use firefox or IE or Edge, to play the game, this irritant Gateway.Action do not happen.

What is this? a new virus?

Please help to clear this virus, because i cannot load the game.

If other browsers are not having any effect, suspect the Chrome browser might be corrupted.

Before proceeding to uninstall Google Chrome;
Ensure you have backup your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, etc; separately to your gmail account.
How to Download & install Google Chrome
If you want offline copy of Chrome browser > Here!
Alternately you can use IE to download & run Chrome.

If this do not work, there is another method to uninstall hidden software..