finrussia.ru pop-up

dezzo69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I noticed that my Firefox browser will have a random pop-up appear and disappear. I assume that its the pop-up blockers at work (I use adblock plus and adblock).

However, I noticed that the pop-up also appears (and get blocked) when I click on empty space on a webpage.

Upon further investigation, the pop-up that got block is a finrussia.ru pop-up.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this? I used malwarebytes, did a full scan and not found anything.

Cheers.

dezzo69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the problem stopped happening. i think it was a wave of attacks on ads on websites that has ads.

i went away as suddenly as it came. i shall monitor this for the coming week and see how it goes.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
the problem stopped happening. i think it was a wave of attacks on ads on websites that has ads.

i went away as suddenly as it came. i shall monitor this for the coming week and see how it goes.

That is good. Continue monitor it. Maybe it is a one-off thing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.