[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

poseidon

Reaction score
Look for an application in the Utilities folder called Disk Utility. You can then erase a hard drive from there.

You cannot overcome the password problem. That is why they have the password there in the first place - security reasons.

You cannot format the disk that the running OS is on.

Get the Mac OS X installation CD / DVD then initialise the disk using that. You can also reset the admin password using the utility in the CD / DVD.

PsYkOoOoO

Reaction score
You cannot format the disk that the running OS is on.

Get the Mac OS X installation CD / DVD then initialise the disk using that. You can also reset the admin password using the utility in the CD / DVD.

Ah that's right. Must have misread the original post.

KamiyaHaine

Reaction score
Is it a known problem that MacBook Pros have problem reading UHS SD cards?
My latest gen MBP seems to be able to access the card for a while, then stops when I try to copy the data within. =(
This happens even with an external card reader so I doubt it's a problem with the built-in.

Reflow

Reaction score
Hi recently change into mbp. Is there any application that allow mi to install window app into Mac os?

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

You cannot install WINDOWS APP into MAC because of the coding, but you can USE windows app in MAC using another application.
You can go 3 ways.

1. use bootcamp to install windows on hard-drive partition.
2. use parallels desktop app
3. use VMware app (similar to parellels)

Option 1 requires a certain amount of space.
Option 2 and 3 requires a recommended 3GB and above RAM to work without lag or at least smoothly.

cashgoh

Reaction score
And there is some problem with my wireless connect. I will get intermittent disconnect with connecting to my mio modem. Is it compatible issue? Try to reinstall Mac os still the same problem.

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
I know there is a keyboard with iPad Dock, but it can't be used with an iMac.

Is there such a keyboard that works with my iMac with the flexibility of a dock for iPhone or iPad?

That would be great really.

Reflow

Reaction score
I know there is a keyboard with iPad Dock, but it can't be used with an iMac.

Is there such a keyboard that works with my iMac with the flexibility of a dock for iPhone or iPad?

That would be great really.

The Apple Wireless Keyboard works with iPad and iMac. But without a Docking Bay. However you can combine both the iPad Dock and Wireless Keyboard to mimic an iPad Dock Keyboard which also can be used on the iMac when you want.

Last edited:

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
The Apple Wireless Keyboard works with iPad and iMac. But without a Docking Bay. However you can combine both the iPad Dock and Wireless Keyboard to mimic an iPad Dock Keyboard which also can be used on the iMac when you want.

Bro, thanks but that's not exactly what I'm looking. I've already got the wireless keyboard that ships with the iMac. Just wanted to try another keyboard that comes with a iphone/ipad dock. The whole idea is to minimize the iphone/ipad cable that's sticking out of my iMac now.

Did a quick search on online, and found smthing ugly like this.

http://craziestgadgets.com/2009/06/15/ihome-iconnect-keyboard-with-ipod-dock-looks-pretty-isweet/

ahfaz91

Reaction score
guys. i intend to upgrade my macbook white unibody 2.26ghz ram. intending to use parallels desktop with catia on it.as far i know, macbook white can support to 4gb only. but upgrade to 8gb is it possible ???

weird

Master Member
Reaction score
yoz! how to disable user from changing smtp setting in apple mail?
this is for security reason.

any idea how to do that? I cant seem to find the correct keyword to google. most of them returning me results of how to disable email account which is not what I'm looking for. =(

xmysticalzx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got a question,

does mac even needs anti-virus software?? if need, then which is recommended?
if i run parallel on mac, do i still need to install anti-virus software into my windows os??

** pardon me for my noob qn **

klanastine

Reaction score
yoz! how to disable user from changing smtp setting in apple mail?
this is for security reason.

any idea how to do that? I cant seem to find the correct keyword to google. most of them returning me results of how to disable email account which is not what I'm looking for. =(

Yo, can try locate the config(xml or plist whatever u call it in mac) then chmod that file to read only for all user. Then no like can change setting, since can't write update to it. ;) hope it works...never try myself. Just a thought. :s22: Pm me if u try and work, just curious.

klanastine

Reaction score
just realised that this goes the same when i have messenger msgs. the conversation will prompt in the background. i dunno which part of the setting gone wrong leh.. :(

curious, why do you need to login as admin/root in osx? why need to run apps as root? only sys apps need be run in root. all else normal account. It's very bad and risky. but if only a few apps, then "su -" to root and run? can't work meh?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.