HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

Like Tree3681Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #1651

can try low settings. I haven't got the game yet, but I tried the beta on my 9600. Best I could do was medium on a 24inch.
cool, any recommendations on LCDs ?
newkidontheblock likes this.
siegeholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #1652
Supremacy Member

any ccleaner like software for mac?
Rainbow1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #1653
Supremacy Member

any ccleaner like software for mac?
maybe you would want to try "cleanmymac' or "appdelete"?
hope these are what you're looking for.
Bapenigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #1654
Supremacy Member

maybe you would want to try "cleanmymac' or "appdelete"?
hope these are what you're looking for.
downloaded cleanmymac it have lots of unknown fuctions.. so i nvr use... later screwup my mac... i looking for those temp file cleaner that delete safari history cache etc.
Rainbow1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #1655
Master Member

hi guys, i have replaced my original MBP hdd (5400rpm) to a new 7200rpm. I want to use the 5400rpm as a portable hdd. how can i reformat it to do so? can i do it via a windows OS platform and access it on both mac machines & windows machines?

xllms
can someone help me, pls? thx
xllms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #1656

You can format on the Mac to FAT32 via Disk Utility. If you choose to format on Windows, it may not show up if it's HFS+. Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc or you can find it in Control Panel > Admin > Com Management > Disk Management. You should see your disk there.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #1657
Supremacy Member

quick question.. i dunno if my hdd has RIP or its the boot up disk is screwed.. i was doing work just now and suddenly, it restarted itself.. black screen no warning.. after the white screen, come a black screen with No bootable device - insert book disk error.. restart again and same thing.. so i reboot again and pressed the alt key.. but nothing comes up.. both my bootcamp and leopard is missing..

is my drive dead or its the boot priority/os screwed up? just wanna confirm b4 i get home and start the remedies.
thechariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #1658

i'm having this problem at home with my mbp and my nas. i have a planex nas-01g at home which was formated to ntfs.

i have no issue connecting to the nas from my mbp. however, everytime when i try to copy a file to my mbp, i encounter the following error. anyone know how to solve this issue? thanks!

Last edited by w0aiNi; 05-08-2010 at 06:37 PM..
w0aiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #1659
Master Member

You can format on the Mac to FAT32 via Disk Utility. If you choose to format on Windows, it may not show up if it's HFS+. Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc or you can find it in Control Panel > Admin > Com Management > Disk Management. You should see your disk there.
thanks iseelamepple...shall try when am home later
Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #1660
Master Member

hi iseelamepple...i have tried your suggested method, but in the diskmanagement, i don't seem to be able to reformat the hdd (winXP)...it states that it is GPT protected....how do i get into disk utility in mac?

thx
Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #1661

Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility or Cmd-Space for Spotlight and type Disk Utility.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #1662

i'm having this problem at home with my mbp and my nas. i have a planex nas-01g at home which was formated to ntfs.

i have no issue connecting to the nas from my mbp. however, everytime when i try to copy a file to my mbp, i encounter the following error. anyone know how to solve this issue? thanks!

anyone can help?
Old 08-08-2010, 02:36 AM   #1663
Master Member

got a qn,

do u guys buy microsoft office for mac or you guys bought the iwork when buying ur mbp/imac?
Fattyboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:21 AM   #1664

SSD / Optibay Partitioning Advice

Hi all,

I will be getting a 17" mbp i7 soon and its my first transition from windows platform to mac and so I need some advice for partitioning of my sdd/hdd.

1. I will be using a x26m 160GB for the main drive and will partition 100GB for HFS+ and 60GB for NTFS for windows 7 bootcamp. How can I do that? The last time I helped a friend for bootcamp, the max size is 32GB using bootcamp assistant and it appears that the format is FAT32. After we boot into windows 7 set up, I had to reformat the "bootcamp" partition before windows could install. The question is how to make bootcamp assistant format directly NTFS and have a partition size greater than 32GB?

2. I will be installing the Hitachi Travelstar 500GB 7200rpm in the optibay slot. Since I would like to use time machine, I have to partition HFS+. However, this disk would also be my data disk and I am wondering if I should leave the whole disk as HFS+, copy in NTFS data from usb hdd. In this case, I would need macdrive to read/write my data drive. But the disadvantage is that when I plug this drive into windows machine (which most of my other computers are), reading/writing it would be impossible without macdrive! Alternatively, I am thinking partition 150GB for time machine HFS+, rest 350GB into NTFS for data drive and use paragon NTFS to read and write. Then in this case this external drive would be more universal since its NTFS.

3. What is the best ratio for time machine? If I partition 100GB for OSX, is 150GB enough? I will also be superdupering my OSX into the 500GB drive and wincloning the bootcamp into the 500GB drive.

Any advices on these?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #1665
Master Member

thank u iseelamepple...i have managed to format the hdd
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.