HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

Like Tree3681Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #271
Master Member

have been using mine for a few months, it doesnt turn yellow, just greyish which i use a bit of alcohol to wipe. as for the protector, yes it changes the feel of ur keyboard to a great extent.
newkidontheblock likes this.
Old 23-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #272

have been using mine for a few months, it doesnt turn yellow, just greyish which i use a bit of alcohol to wipe. as for the protector, yes it changes the feel of ur keyboard to a great extent.
Thx oyebto !
Guess i will just invest in a bottel of Martell to clean my keyboard
Old 24-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #273
Master Member

u mean the imac wired white keyboard? my previous one used for abt 2 years, with protector on, never turned yellow.
don't use Martell lah, will turn brown. use vodka instead
unfinished07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #274
Master Member

or just head to watsons, buy rubbing alcohol? its around 10 bucks.. cheaper den ur vodka..
Old 24-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #275

is macbook pro wireless stable?

why do i keep on having to reconnect 5+ times per day wireless@SG when the port is just 2 metres away.

and also, i using linksys router at home. sometimes connection is stucked i have off&on both my router and motorola cable.

anyway to rectify it?
help pls
ProjectSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #276
Supremacy Member

I know this is kinda stupid, but have anyone tried to overclock their MacBook? Interested to try to overclock my MacBook
LogKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #277

u mean the imac wired white keyboard? my previous one used for abt 2 years, with protector on, never turned yellow.
don't use Martell lah, will turn brown. use vodka instead
haha oh yeah hor, vodka is good

or just head to watsons, buy rubbing alcohol? its around 10 bucks.. cheaper den ur vodka..
rubbing alcohol, bro oyebto, wats that ? sorry me mountain tortoise la
Old 25-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #278

1) How do I access and copy files to my Sony PSP?
2) Recommended anti virus for Mac even though it is already very secure
3) How do I access FAT32 or NTFS formatted portable hard disk?
4) What firewall recommended for Mac? Does it come with built in firewall software?
5) How do I install programs for Mac?
6) How do I sync Windows Pocket PC phone on Mac? How do I sync Microsoft Outlook contacts on Mac?
7) What video files are supported by iMovie?
8) What anti spyware or adware software is recommended?
9) Can Safari on iMac access Java or Flash website? What flash software it use? Can we access interbanking website using Safari or other Mac compatible software?
10) Any website to download freeware or software for Mac?
11) Where do I download drivers for my existing hardware?
12) Can iMac sync with PS3 built in media server streaming software?

Last edited by jingwei; 25-06-2008 at 07:47 PM..
jingwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #279
Master Member

4) What firewall recommended for Mac? Does it come with built in firewall software?
6) How do I sync Windows Pocket PC phone on Mac? How do I sync Microsoft Outlook contacts on Mac?
9) Can Safari on iMac access Java or Flash website? What flash software it use? Can we access interbanking website using Safari or other Mac compatible software?
Stick to Windows.
Old 25-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #280

do some research on google pls

im also a new user but i at least did some homework b4 postin qns to double confirm and make sure

or when probs surface

go to www.apple.com and search mac 101, it will answer alot of your basic qns

and go www.versiontracker.com and www.download.com for recommended apps for mac
Old 25-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #281
Master Member

haha oh yeah hor, vodka is good

rubbing alcohol, bro oyebto, wats that ? sorry me mountain tortoise la
by right its for cleaning wounds.. but just go to the shop and tell them rubbing alcohol they will noe haha. or like blackmel sae, alcohol swabs works just as well.
Old 26-06-2008, 12:35 AM   #282
Supremacy Member

http://guides.macrumors.com/
Old 26-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #283

Nevermind, I think that is a lesser issue.. More bigger problem is no matter how many times i tried, i cannot get to back up my existing drive using super duper.. It works through halfway and prompt different error.. I is deads..

Hi folks, for days i've been trying to back up & migrate my hdd from my first gen macbook(A) to another mac book(B). Unfortunately I couldn't. I need to plot it over as tiger through another new hdd inserted in macbook B, but it couldn't accept the os disc, only leopard.

I've super dupered macbook A into an external hdd, but macbook B reads every settings as 0kb.
I've tried to use migration wizard, it only detect my boot camp windows partition.

Tiger does not allow its migration wizard to "transfer to another mac" like leopards'.

I do not own a legal copy of leopard, the only 1 i have is loan from this macbook B, hence I have to stick with tiger until later.

Please kindly advise other alternatives I can do in order to transfer my files.

Millions of thanks!
austinmation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #284
Master Member

Hi folks, for days i've been trying to back up & migrate my hdd from my first gen macbook(A) to another mac book(B). Unfortunately I couldn't. I need to plot it over as tiger through another new hdd inserted in macbook B, but it couldn't accept the os disc, only leopard.

I've super dupered macbook A into an external hdd, but macbook B reads every settings as 0kb.
I've tried to use migration wizard, it only detect my boot camp windows partition.

Tiger does not allow its migration wizard to "transfer to another mac" like leopards'.

I do not own a legal copy of leopard, the only 1 i have is loan from this macbook B, hence I have to stick with tiger until later.

Please kindly advise other alternatives I can do in order to transfer my files.

Millions of thanks!
I couldn't understood you hard as I trying. I really caught no ball.

Since you got data of (a) in an external hardisk, maybe you could just use (b) aand remembering you need sumthing in (a), just copying it over. Why plot everything over when most are in (b) already, wrong?
Old 29-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #285

I couldn't understood you hard as I trying. I really caught no ball.

Since you got data of (a) in an external hardisk, maybe you could just use (b) aand remembering you need sumthing in (a), just copying it over. Why plot everything over when most are in (b) already, wrong?
Hi Sir,

apologies for the confusion and thank you for the patience in helping.

My intention is to have my applications, data, password, user settings and emails from A to B. Most of my apps are already configured in its Tiger OS. My intent was as straight up as to pluck and play the Tiger into this Leopard-Only-Macbook B. The quickest, safest way that I know was to use migration wizard and transfer the data, key chain, address book, software preference etc over without much distruption.

The migration wizard could not detect A's Tiger partition, but only A's bootcamp partition. After calling apple support afew times, for hours of Indian-English with Singapore-English conversation, I was given a "File Transfer" solution from A to B, instead of "how to let Migration Wizrd detect the Tiger OS drive", hence I give up Apple Support..

I managed to duplicate A's hdd through super duper, I can still access my data through it which I am doing, and has also at the same time accidentally messed up some "built-for-leopard" settings when I overwrite it. So I am having a bad hectic time now.

I learnt and concluded from this scenario that,
Always expect the unexpected.
External harddisk casing will break down when you most needed it, and harddisk will corrupt when you never want it to. Always own 2 external disk casing at least, with 1 that is 2.5" firewire with SATA, not IDE!!

Apple Service Provider do not help you regarding OSX issues, they will refer you to Apple Support.
Before calling Apple Support, get a tape recorder to play a list of things they instructed you to do, for the next few Apple Support crew you got referred to.
Apple Support don't always have a solution and they can leave you hanging high and dry.
Overseas Calls to Apple Support has bad signal.
I have poor hearing and I do not speak English that is comprehenable to Apple Support.
Written communication to apple support is better, but there is no email address online to send it out.

Macbook 1.1 will not run on Macbook 4.1 start up disk and vise versa.

Have a copy of Tech Tool Deluxe from Apple Support, even though I don't know how it works.

Always buy Applecare if you do not intend to resale.

Always have rich friends who have a spare Apple notebook to loan (ideally one with a same gen notebook).

Always be nice and respect everyone, especially in HWZ.. huhu..
austinmation is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.