[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had a 2nd hand MacBook Pro for 2 years. Around 3-4 months did not switch on now when I swim on the date was reset back to 2008 and the charger was at green. Battery was not charging. Condition: replace now. There was a 5 times white blinking light when I switched it on. Is the battery gone?

try drain all e batt then charge to full again. might help...

urameshi_85

Reaction score
Just an update : think my battery really gone liao. Will bring down to SIM lim to diagnose and fix :(

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update : think my battery really gone liao. Will bring down to SIM lim to diagnose and fix :(

did you use the hardware diagnostic test to acquire the servicing code? perhaps from there you can roughly roughly know what has gone wrong and whether the battery is indeed gone case..

sekali is motherboard spoil but u gong gong go replace battery.. :D:D

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 4 years plus macbook pro will automatically go into safe mode when switched on. After restarting, then it will go back into normal mode.

What might be the problem??

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 4 years plus macbook pro will automatically go into safe mode when switched on. After restarting, then it will go back into normal mode.

What might be the problem??

try fixing your disk permissions. if not, see if your shift key is faulty..

acehigh

Reaction score
my macbook pro 2010 suddenly internal mic not working properly. in fact when trying to record a video can distinctly hear fan noise over my very weak voice recording. Anyone knows how to remedy this?

hyperpower

Reaction score
hi all my macbook keep freezing randomly recently, and it completely freeze i can't do anything about it apart from restart. any idea how i can fix it?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all my macbook keep freezing randomly recently, and it completely freeze i can't do anything about it apart from restart. any idea how i can fix it?

reset smc, pram n boot in safe mode...

FreshMaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys my macbook air why bluetooth not working..??

i can sync my beat pill speaker, and sync my samsung phone.... but i cannot connect to transfer files...

last time just bought thise macbook still can... but sometimes it keeps auto restart so i sent it to apple to reformat.... then now the bluetooth not working anymore... how to solve...?

Reaction score
:eek::s11:

weird don't know is it due to latest update of the OSX?

I noticed my safari like cannot open too many tab?

last time still ok

or perhaps due to ram? as I only have 4g as this iMac is 2011.

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
:eek::s11:

weird don't know is it due to latest update of the OSX?

I noticed my safari like cannot open too many tab?

last time still ok

or perhaps due to ram? as I only have 4g as this iMac is 2011.

What do you mean "like cannot open too many tabs"? Is there an error message that opens up or what? Please describe your issue.

fabianshc

Reaction score
Hello, any recommendations on upgrading 27" 2010 iMac HDD to SSD or adding another SSD? Also, how do you transfer your BootCamp partition to the new SSD? Please advise. Thanks!

PengZzz

Reaction score
Hi. Is it worth getting the 27" IMAC now or after the next release? Is the current 27" IMAC able to act as monitor to my Asus laptop?thanks.

Reaction score
:s11:
whose iMac 2011 encounter power button intermittence issue?

Need to press a lot of time than can On.

I went to check up Apple support , others also encounter this problem.

some give a very weird fix which other claim can work

now I just put to sleep mode...but sometimes it does require to press the button to wake up the iMac if press the keyboard cannot wake the iMac up.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s11:
whose iMac 2011 encounter power button intermittence issue?

Need to press a lot of time than can On.

I went to check up Apple support , others also encounter this problem.

some give a very weird fix which other claim can work

now I just put to sleep mode...but sometimes it does require to press the button to wake up the iMac if press the keyboard cannot wake the iMac up.

the button might be insensitive either due to mechanical fault, or due to contact oxidation. contact oxidation can be fixed if u open up and spray some WD40 onto the button contact, press a few times and it should be resolved..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.