[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

yourxp

Reaction score
hey guys,
it seems like power options (eg. high performance, maximum battery, .etc) are not present on my macbook pro 13" unibody. is there anything wrong? what should i do get to get them? i dont intend to have my notebook running at full speed evertime... id rather have longer battery life.

my cousin's prev gen macbook pro 15 (non-unibody) has that option but my doesnt.

anwz, OOT abit, how do u guys think i should protect my macbook? get invisible shield plus a carrier or spec seethru case?

thanks guys!!!!

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought my macbook during pc show. The harvey norman guy told me there is a standard one-year international warranty. Inside the box i also found a booklet on the warranty. Do i need to do anything like register the warranty online like ipod like that? if my mac spoil within 1 year where do i go for repair and what document do i need to bring to show its within warranty???

PetPet

Reaction score
i bought my macbook during pc show. The harvey norman guy told me there is a standard one-year international warranty. Inside the box i also found a booklet on the warranty. Do i need to do anything like register the warranty online like ipod like that? if my mac spoil within 1 year where do i go for repair and what document do i need to bring to show its within warranty???
ok... you got from harvey?
Did you opt for the free ram upgrade?
If you did could you open up your macbook and see if those rams are Kingston KTA or KVR rams?

You can check your warranty status here.
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

PetPet

Reaction score
hey guys,
it seems like power options (eg. high performance, maximum battery, .etc) are not present on my macbook pro 13" unibody. is there anything wrong? what should i do get to get them? i dont intend to have my notebook running at full speed evertime... id rather have longer battery life.

my cousin's prev gen macbook pro 15 (non-unibody) has that option but my doesnt.

anwz, OOT abit, how do u guys think i should protect my macbook? get invisible shield plus a carrier or spec seethru case?

thanks guys!!!!
Go under system peference and you shld be able to find your power settngs there.

As for protecting your macbook.
It's pretty durable as long as you don't knock it on to something.
Just get a palmguard/protector.

if you are really paranoid of getting scratches you can try a speck case or invisible shield.

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok... you got from harvey?
Did you opt for the free ram upgrade?
If you did could you open up your macbook and see if those rams are Kingston KTA or KVR rams?

You can check your warranty status here.
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
HI petpet thanks, i didnt know my macbk was auto registered for warranty...
yup i got the free ram upgrade, i wlll check later to see, why leh kvr cheaper arh...

PetPet

Reaction score
HI petpet thanks, i didnt know my macbk was auto registered for warranty...
yup i got the free ram upgrade, i wlll check later to see, why leh kvr cheaper arh...
Ya, you registered it already when you started up your mac for the first time and entered your details.

KVR rams will cause issues.
If they installed a KVR ram.
Get ready your complains etc.

Screenshot here

Last edited:

brendysongs

Reaction score
hi..i'm an owner of a macbook bought in 2007..Mac OS X 10.5.6, Memory 160GB (i just changed the hard drive). anyone has an idea how much its worth to sell 2nd hand?? thanks!

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, you registered it already when you started up your mac for the first time and entered your details.

KVR rams will cause issues.
If they installed a KVR ram.
Get ready your complains etc.

Screenshot here
hi petpet, i saw yer other thread about kingston ram, my ram BOM number ends with A00LF and not B00LF, the preceding digits are different from your other thread picture though. I think shd be no problem. thanks for the alert though...you bought anew mac and upgrade ram or old mac upgrade ram??

Last edited:

trans168

Reaction score
Forever "Finishing Charge"

Hi,

I have had a MB 13" for the pass 6 months. Recently I noticed that the batter can never finish charging. The orange light on the connector is perpetually orange and the status on the screen is always "finishing Charging".

Does anyone have the same experience before and how do I get it resolved?

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a MB 13" for the pass 6 months. Recently I noticed that the batter can never finish charging. The orange light on the connector is perpetually orange and the status on the screen is always "finishing Charging".

Does anyone have the same experience before and how do I get it resolved?
try calibrating the battery :)

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi..i'm an owner of a macbook bought in 2007..Mac OS X 10.5.6, Memory 160GB (i just changed the hard drive). anyone has an idea how much its worth to sell 2nd hand?? thanks!
unibody? arnd 1k or less definitely..

PetPet

Reaction score
hi petpet, i saw yer other thread about kingston ram, my ram BOM number ends with A00LF and not B00LF, the preceding digits are different from your other thread picture though. I think shd be no problem. thanks for the alert though...you bought anew mac and upgrade ram or old mac upgrade ram??
A00LF?
mmm suppose that'll work.
hope nothing goes wrong for you ;)

sold my old mac as i'm moving my entire workstation to mac OS.

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does it begin with KTA or KVR? If it's KTA, your chances of success will be higher.

But it it's KVR, just get ready to head down to SGL @ Sim Lim to get a pair of Hynix-es so that you can set your mind at peace.

PetPet

Reaction score
Does it begin with KTA or KVR? If it's KTA, your chances of success will be higher.

But it it's KVR, just get ready to head down to SGL @ Sim Lim to get a pair of Hynix-es so that you can set your mind at peace.
yea.
what he said too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.