www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Apple Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-clinic-5/)
-   -   [Mac 101] Ask your questions here! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-clinic-5/%5Bmac-101%5D-ask-your-questions-here-2743564.html)

adrianlkb 16-04-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipper (Post 37143202)
which both writing and reading ? NTFS and FAT32 ? the answer is no,mac does not write NTFS(use NTFS-3G or paragon NTFS if you want to write NTFS) but mac does do both writing and reading on FAT32.

and of cause mac writes and reads its own format which is HFS+ journal or without journal.

ic.. thanks !!!

Weng123 17-04-2009 11:22 AM

I would like to get a MBP, 15 inch, 2.66Ghz.

There is an option to upgrade the processor to 2.93GHz at the cost of $481.50.

Is this upgrade in processor speed worth the price?

Besides the usual word processing, surfing and watching videos, I will be using the MBP for gaming and game development.

leroyegreat 18-04-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seahsq (Post 37140243)
IMO, I think the $500 difference does not justify the improvement in specs, unless you want the illuminated keyboard badly. Otherwise, you will be better off spending the $500 on upgrading the rams to 4gb and buying applecare. By then, you should still have about $150 left to buy accessories like laptop sleeve or whatever protector you want. And if you know where to get the best deals, you could even get yourself a cup of coffee at the end of the day! :D

Well again, it's just my 2c worth. ;)

Thanks bro, I have gotten my macbook already, and did as u said. Got the 2.0ghz one with a 4gb upgrade. Also got a free keyboard protector and a laptop sleeve. Is there any other accessories that you would recommend for the macbook?

Thanks! =)

seahsq 18-04-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leroyegreat (Post 37217800)
Thanks bro, I have gotten my macbook already, and did as u said. Got the 2.0ghz one with a 4gb upgrade. Also got a free keyboard protector and a laptop sleeve. Is there any other accessories that you would recommend for the macbook?

Thanks! =)

Cool! Just get whatever you will need. And remember to get AppleCare!

Just a suggestion, if the macbook is going to be your primary computer, perhaps you can get an external hdd to backup your data or hook it up to an external monitor+keyboard+mouse and use it like a desktop.

At the end of day, just make sure you're able to justify your purchases, and of course, enjoy your mac!

elusified 18-04-2009 05:45 PM

hey guys, any one-stop place to upgrade my mac 4gb ram + screen protector?

leroyegreat 18-04-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seahsq (Post 37222006)
Cool! Just get whatever you will need. And remember to get AppleCare!

Just a suggestion, if the macbook is going to be your primary computer, perhaps you can get an external hdd to backup your data or hook it up to an external monitor+keyboard+mouse and use it like a desktop.

At the end of day, just make sure you're able to justify your purchases, and of course, enjoy your mac!

Thanks man. I already have a PC at home actually. So most of my stuff's all backed up. Might get a 2.5" HDD for more portability though.

Cheers
=)

LunarBOI84 19-04-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elusified (Post 37226706)
hey guys, any one-stop place to upgrade my mac 4gb ram + screen protector?

SGL Marketing ? Went there this morning, very friendly lady boss. But it seems the DDR3 rams increase to $80 each for 2GB.

leroyegreat 19-04-2009 02:46 AM

Hi guys got another question here. It's about shutting down. The guy at the shop recommended me not to use the Shut Down button on the top right corner of the keyboard. May i know why is that so? He said that it was better to click on the apple logo on the desktop and select Shut Down.

Is he correct?

leroyegreat 19-04-2009 02:48 AM

sorry double post.

elusified 19-04-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunarBOI84 (Post 37234668)
SGL Marketing ? Went there this morning, very friendly lady boss. But it seems the DDR3 rams increase to $80 each for 2GB.

woo? where is this SGL marketing?

seahsq 19-04-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elusified (Post 37248289)
woo? where is this SGL marketing?

#02-23 SLS.

whiteflag 19-04-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharshar (Post 36551799)
retail store tends to offer packages.. like in my case, epicentre offered me a 99$ 3 year apple care upon purchase of a alu macbook.. :D

Does retail store have discount for tertiary student like what is offer on apple store?

n0d3 19-04-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leroyegreat (Post 37238359)
Hi guys got another question here. It's about shutting down. The guy at the shop recommended me not to use the Shut Down button on the top right corner of the keyboard. May i know why is that so? He said that it was better to click on the apple logo on the desktop and select Shut Down.

Is he correct?

Which shop is this? Either way you shutdown through the OS what. E.g. you click the apple icon>shut down and you press the button you still have to click shut down from the options dialog.

Please let me know who offered you this piece of "advice" so I can avoid him.

elusified 25-04-2009 05:25 PM

hey guys, beside SLS, any neighbourhood shopping centers have shops providing the service of screen protector for macbook?

sharshar 25-04-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0d3 (Post 37252632)
Which shop is this? Either way you shutdown through the OS what. E.g. you click the apple icon>shut down and you press the button you still have to click shut down from the options dialog.

Please let me know who offered you this piece of "advice" so I can avoid him.

somehow, i think the salesman meant not to hold down the power button (think >3s) to shut down.. :o