HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

Like Tree3681Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #1066

can you guys recommend a good wireless n router for use with macbook pro 13"?
using a WRT300N linksys here able to connect from my kitchen (1st level) when my room is directly above with full bars.
newkidontheblock likes this.
Old 17-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #1067
Master Member

cooler affecting the CPU temp is negligible. the most cooler does is to take away the heat on the surface of the mac, cos there's no exhaust underneath. could it be a different condition you're running in?

i did install the istatmenu before SL. my friend's Mac is on leopard but also running 70+ just on surfing the net. therefore, i don't think SL is the cause.
I was trying to say that could it be that the process of installing SL (mac under load) have caused the temperatures to rise? Not installing SL itself. Anyway, SL is great!
Old 17-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #1068
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok guys. after my sl. in aircon room. play one youtube vid. it shoot to 60deg for nth!! wth. i using mozilla firefox. isit normal or wad. it nv shoot 60 b4. even im not in aircon
ITretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #1069

ok guys. after my sl. in aircon room. play one youtube vid. it shoot to 60deg for nth!! wth. i using mozilla firefox. isit normal or wad. it nv shoot 60 b4. even im not in aircon
Well, flash doesn't work well on Mac/Linux. Like eating up huge amt of CPU cycles... hence a raise in temperature is pretty normal.
Old 17-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #1070

Smile

Lol so you guys are comfortable to with temperature in ur mb i suppose?
clock_ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #1071

Lol so you guys are comfortable to with temperature in ur mb i suppose?
For firefox I've ad block, noscript and flashblock running.

Ad block improves page loading speeds and at the same time block annoying flash ads.
noscripts and flashblock prevents flash stuff from running
Old 18-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #1072

can you guys recommend a good wireless n router for use with macbook pro 13"?
Apple extreme base station

I was trying to say that could it be that the process of installing SL (mac under load) have caused the temperatures to rise? Not installing SL itself. Anyway, SL is great!
yea. SL is wicked cool

Well, flash doesn't work well on Mac/Linux. Like eating up huge amt of CPU cycles... hence a raise in temperature is pretty normal.
i have to agree with you on this. i had my MB in idle for an 45 mins without any apps running the temp was 49DEG-51DEG....
Old 18-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #1073

Is it possible to get replacement top cover (where the apple logo is) for the unibody MB? Any idea how much it will cost?
Old 18-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #1074
Arch-Supremacy Member

DUDE! i got a problem. when i plug in my ac adapter right. to my mbp. theres a green dot appear on the magnetic thing. but dis green dot turns orange colour one. how? omg!!!
Old 18-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #1075
Supremacy Member

DUDE! i got a problem. when i plug in my ac adapter right. to my mbp. theres a green dot appear on the magnetic thing. but dis green dot turns orange colour one. how? omg!!!
It's charging lah. -.-
Old 18-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #1076
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's charging lah. -.-
98% charging? and its power cord. not the charging one leh. now 99% i noe its chargingliao. but why sia? 96% charge. and now 99%
Old 18-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #1077
Arch-Supremacy Member

98% charging? and its power cord. not the charging one leh. now 99% i noe its chargingliao. but why sia? 96% charge. and now 99%
maybe you would like to phrase your response in proper english for others to understand...
RSKeisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #1078
Arch-Supremacy Member

maybe you would like to phrase your response in proper english for others to understand...
hmm okok . when i plug my magsafe port into my mbp. with the ac power cord instead on the charging pin, the port's light usually is green but today i plug in it is green for about 2sec and turns orange. the battery icon shows its charging. yes i noe its charging. but why isit charging when i have 96% of battery left? isit normal or its a defect? now. its 99% from the 96%battery life. anyone can enlighten me? because tmr is my last day for 1on1 xchange too.
Old 18-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #1079
Supremacy Member

hmm okok . when i plug my magsafe port into my mbp. with the ac power cord instead on the charging pin, the port's light usually is green but today i plug in it is green for about 2sec and turns orange. the battery icon shows its charging. yes i noe its charging. but why isit charging when i have 96% of battery left? isit normal or its a defect? now. its 99% from the 96%battery life. anyone can enlighten me? because tmr is my last day for 1on1 xchange too.
Sorry but your English is quite bad. Logically speaking if it's <100% then obviously it'll be charging right? I have no idea what you're talking about. It's only amber if it's charging, green if it's full, i.e. 100%.
Old 18-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #1080
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry but your English is quite bad. Logically speaking if it's <100% then obviously it'll be charging right? I have no idea what you're talking about. It's only amber if it's charging, green if it's full, i.e. 100%.
so as long as my battery is less den 100% it will charge. even though through the powercord instead of the charging pins? but im jus wondering why the battery will charge even though it still 96%. i try to improve my english.. seems like u dun really type singlish.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.