www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Apple Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-clinic-5/)
-   -   [Mac 101] Ask your questions here! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-clinic-5/%5Bmac-101%5D-ask-your-questions-here-2743564.html)

leinad 04-04-2008 02:30 PM

[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!
 
As indicated in the FAQ sticky thread, feel free to ask questions which the FAQ does not adequately address.

Please help us to help you - ask your questions in a clear, concise manner. It would be good if you can enclose screenshots so that we can better see the problem, if necessary.

/Dan

Angelus_jr 04-04-2008 09:46 PM

I shall start the ball rolling. 1)How do I change the time/date format to something like this --> April 4, Fri 10:00pm? There is only the day and time included. 2) How do I take screenshot in mac? like print screen in windows

petmonster 04-04-2008 10:00 PM

qn 1) preferences -> international, under the formats tab, customize.

2) apple+shift+4

RupertGee 04-04-2008 10:10 PM

1) Launch System Preferences and type "Date Formats" in the search field. You can do likewise in future for other preference settings you want to change.
2) For Finder related issues, go to Finder and type your question (in this case "Screen Capture") in the help menu's search box for your instant answer. You'll learn how to capture just a small selection of your screen.

I just taught you how to fish instead of giving you a fish to eat.

petmonster 04-04-2008 10:12 PM

okok sorry i overfed him..

Angelus_jr 04-04-2008 10:17 PM

when i click the time on the top right hand corner, it will list down the date i wanted but its in grey colour. i cant select it. it will appear as fri,10:00pm. another question wat application i can use to erase my opera's web history?

RupertGee 04-04-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petmonster (Post 29227278)
okok sorry i overfed him..

No lah. Sometime charity work is nice too mah. :s22:

RupertGee 04-04-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus_jr (Post 29227418)
when i click the time on the top right hand corner, it will list down the date i wanted but its in grey colour. i cant select it. it will appear as fri,10:00pm. another question wat application i can use to erase my opera's web history?

Now I introduce you to your new best friend:

http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=er...ient=firefox-a

Paul_Yeo 04-04-2008 10:51 PM

when will iPhone come to Singapore?

petmonster 04-04-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus_jr (Post 29227418)
when i click the time on the top right hand corner, it will list down the date i wanted but its in grey colour. i cant select it. it will appear as fri,10:00pm. another question wat application i can use to erase my opera's web history?

think about it. when you click on the time on the top right hand corner, what can you click on?

1. analog.
2. digital.
3 open date and time.

the obvious choice would be to open date and time. then when you are at a lost in that screen, you notice at the bottom, it says:

to set date and time formats, use international preferences, with a button for you to open international.

after you open international, the first screen does nothing, no option to click, nothing. so try the next tab, formats.

there you see different versions of dates, and the one you want, is the second option, so click on customize, and play with the dropdown.

mac is simple thinking.

when i first ported over, i also was frustrated how come i lost control of so many things. but i just found out they were finally sorted. in the right places.

RupertGee 04-04-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo (Post 29228342)
when will iPhone come to Singapore?

You know no one except steve et al can give you the answer so why ask here?

:s22:

Skyline34_ 04-04-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo (Post 29228342)
when will iPhone come to Singapore?

It's slated for release in the 2nd half of the year. The telco would be Singtel.

I might be wrong though so don't take my words for sure.

Carbon Fiber 04-04-2008 11:08 PM

Hi,
I would like to suggest 2 topics that might have great interest.

1) I've decided I want to buy a Mac, now what?
2) I've bought a Mac, now what?

Cheers!:D

Angelus_jr 04-04-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petmonster (Post 29228345)
think about it. when you click on the time on the top right hand corner, what can you click on?

1. analog.
2. digital.
3 open date and time.

the obvious choice would be to open date and time. then when you are at a lost in that screen, you notice at the bottom, it says:

to set date and time formats, use international preferences, with a button for you to open international.

after you open international, the first screen does nothing, no option to click, nothing. so try the next tab, formats.

there you see different versions of dates, and the one you want, is the second option, so click on customize, and play with the dropdown.

mac is simple thinking.

when i first ported over, i also was frustrated how come i lost control of so many things. but i just found out they were finally sorted. in the right places.


perhaps i didnt explain well, i had already done all the steps before your mentioned quote. what i am trying to figure is how to have the date besides the digital time. the default is Fri 10:00pm. I am trying to change it to April 4, Fri, 10pm. cos in windows i am used to see the date+day+time as in a diigtal watch.

anfielder 04-04-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus_jr (Post 29228977)
perhaps i didnt explain well, i had already done all the steps before your mentioned quote. what i am trying to figure is how to have the date besides the digital time. the default is Fri 10:00pm. I am trying to change it to April 4, Fri, 10pm. cos in windows i am used to see the date+day+time as in a diigtal watch.

maybe this will help?

http://lifehacker.com/software/mac-t...bar-316029.php


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.