HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2021 Macbook Pro Rumours & Discussion

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2021, 09:37 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

If your MBA don't have any problems that renders it inoperable, why not? Just wait out and the wait will be worth it.
Yup was asking my wife to approve the budget to buy new MBA or MBP till i read this thread.... forgot its around the time for Apple to announce some newbies

my MBA in fact still working perfectly fine, just replaced the battery today. Other than the "scar" mark on the top left corner, its working well. My only concern is that its unable to install latest MAC OS and other new app. Its also unable to use some features in Zoom for training purpose.
ForumRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 12:55 AM   #17

Waiting for 16 inch
ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 06:11 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yup was asking my wife to approve the budget to buy new MBA or MBP till i read this thread.... forgot its around the time for Apple to announce some newbies

my MBA in fact still working perfectly fine, just replaced the battery today. Other than the "scar" mark on the top left corner, its working well. My only concern is that its unable to install latest MAC OS and other new app. Its also unable to use some features in Zoom for training purpose.
Yes so I suggest you wait out since it's only some mths away at most.

I was using a 2015 MBP until I bought the current M1 MBP. I changed because my 2015 one was giving some problems - Left speaker crackling sound, needs batt replacement, force touch on trackpad is dead and USB ports function intermittently.

Just a heads up, Apple Silicon is very speedy and boots up in mere seconds after opening the lid. The newer models should be even speedier with the successor of the M1 (either M1X or M2). I know a number of people find the Touch Bar not very useful but I find it 'stylo' haha....Physical buttons are more tactile and faster, and the new MacBooks returning to physical keys and MagSafe charging is also a good move, something which is evident on my 2015 model.
Old 21-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

I was using a 2015 MBP until I bought the current M1 MBP. I changed because my 2015 one was giving some problems - Left speaker crackling sound, needs batt replacement, force touch on trackpad is dead and USB ports function intermittently.

Just a heads up, Apple Silicon is very speedy and boots up in mere seconds after opening the lid. The newer models should be even speedier with the successor of the M1 (either M1X or M2). I know a number of people find the Touch Bar not very useful but I find it 'stylo' haha....Physical buttons are more tactile and faster, and the new MacBooks returning to physical keys and MagSafe charging is also a good move, something which is evident on my 2015 model.
Actually MBA and MBP 13 inch look identical to me, less the the touch bar.
But I do prefer the MBP built, more alike to current Ipad & iPhone. Previously was using MBP 15 inch and i do really miss MBP....
ForumRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually MBA and MBP 13 inch look identical to me, less the the touch bar.
But I do prefer the MBP built, more alike to current Ipad & iPhone. Previously was using MBP 15 inch and i do really miss MBP....
Thickness also different, though ports remain the same.

I was also using 15Ē on my 2015 MBP, so now still need getting a bit used to the smaller screen.
Old 23-02-2021, 01:50 PM   #21
Honorary Member

Kuo: New MacBook Pro Models With HDMI Port and SD Card Reader to Launch Later This Year
"We predict that Apple's two new MacBook Pro models in 2H21 will have several significant design and specification changes," wrote Kuo. "Some of the practical changes for users are equipping with the SD card reader and HDMI port."
guess we will eventually be getting back the optical drive~ 🤣
Old 23-02-2021, 04:33 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Kuo: New MacBook Pro Models With HDMI Port and SD Card Reader to Launch Later This Year

guess we will eventually be getting back the optical drive~ 🤣
I doubt so.
TrueBeliever_jh likes this.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 04:33 PM   #23
Master Member

I donít mind having MagSafe. But do not take away usb c charging too.

Now I can charge everywhere I go, even at home. If it is charged only via the MagSafe port, then I have to buy many MagSafe cables or bring the cables around. That would be irritating
icyflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

I donít mind having MagSafe. But do not take away usb c charging too.

Now I can charge everywhere I go, even at home. If it is charged only via the MagSafe port, then I have to buy many MagSafe cables or bring the cables around. That would be irritating
Good pointing out there. If Apple still allows USB-C charging together with MagSafe, it'll be awesome. If the USB-C charging is disabled, then yes, have to lug out the MagSafe adapter.

But think again, the new MacBooks will all feature Apple Silicon chips and batt life will be very long lasting, so can charge first before bringing out so won't have to bring out the MagSafe adapter. If Apple comes out with a new type of MagSafe to USB-C cable, it'll be a nice addition too.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.