HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AirPods 2: AirPods, the world’s most popular wireless headphones, are getting even better

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #46
Supremacy Member

Ordered mine today. Waiting for shipping
fake_oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #47
Master Member

Upgraded from Airpods 1 to 2 with wireless charging case!

Saw that it’s available for pickup this morning. Hurry ordered and put my old airpods on carousell. Sold at 330pm and collected my new airpods at 4

Last edited by Navillera; 27-03-2019 at 07:22 PM..
Navillera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow the AirPods with the wireless charging case ($299) availability slips until mid of next mth.
Old 27-03-2019, 08:48 PM   #49

You need to listen carefully. The newer AirPods have slightly better sound, though not significant.
Someone suggested the difference is due to batteries degradation like in iPhone. Maybe you just need fresh batteries for the gen 1.
chaiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #50
Master Member

Saw that it’s available for pickup this morning. Hurry ordered and put my old airpods on carousell. Sold at 330pm and collected my new airpods at 4
How much did you sell your gen 1 for ? Thanks
gt_5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 09:47 PM   #51
Master Member

How much did you sell your gen 1 for ? Thanks
$130!
Navillera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #52
Arch-Supremacy Member

Someone suggested the difference is due to batteries degradation like in iPhone. Maybe you just need fresh batteries for the gen 1.
Nothing to do with the batts, it's the chip that matters.

I've been listening to my first gen AirPods since the day purchased until batt degradation (will not charge to 100%) and I don't notice any degrading sound quality.
Old 27-03-2019, 10:47 PM   #53

Nothing to do with the batts, it's the chip that matters.

I've been listening to my first gen AirPods since the day purchased until batt degradation (will not charge to 100%) and I don't notice any degrading sound quality.
Ain’t that the problem? You sort of got used to it over time and won’t notice till you make a comparison to a new battery AirPod.

A fairer comparison will be to do right now - fresh gen 1 vs used gen 1 vs new gen2. Not what you remember gen 1 used to sound like.

Also, there are things like wear / tear - burning in effect or qc variation. If the diff is subtle probably not due to hardware change.

Or H1 chip really sakti

Last edited by chaiscool; 27-03-2019 at 10:52 PM..
Old 27-03-2019, 11:17 PM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ain’t that the problem? You sort of got used to it over time and won’t notice till you make a comparison to a new battery AirPod.

A fairer comparison will be to do right now - fresh gen 1 vs used gen 1 vs new gen2. Not what you remember gen 1 used to sound like.

Also, there are things like wear / tear - burning in effect or qc variation. If the diff is subtle probably not due to hardware change.

Or H1 chip really sakti
Not that I can get a hold of a new gen 1 now which I obviously won’t. So what’s your basis on degrading batteries being the root of the issue? The H1 chip does in some way (should) improve sound quality, even if it’s subtle and not just improve connection stability, faster device connections a better latency.

In an earphone/headphone/speaker, the quality of sound is mainly on sound chip, driver type and others such as crossovers and even construction or material used. These are just some examples.

Yes over some time of usage, these hardware might degrade but not so much as in within a year or two.
Old 27-03-2019, 11:21 PM   #55

$130!
It has backward compatibility with 6.32 firmware and wireless charging case. You should have sold it higher
Nymphomaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 11:48 PM   #56

Not that I can get a hold of a new gen 1 now which I obviously won’t. So what’s your basis on degrading batteries being the root of the issue? The H1 chip does in some way (should) improve sound quality, even if it’s subtle and not just improve connection stability, faster device connections a better latency.

In an earphone/headphone/speaker, the quality of sound is mainly on sound chip, driver type and others such as crossovers and even construction or material used. These are just some examples.

Yes over some time of usage, these hardware might degrade but not so much as in within a year or two.
It’s not my idea, saw someone suggested it elsewhere. It was suggested that it was similar to iPhone, where Apple software will adjust the device performance to compensate for battery health.

Therefore, gen 2 is actually design to have the same sound as a fully healthy battery gen 1 (driver burn in not included)

Last edited by chaiscool; 27-03-2019 at 11:52 PM..
Old 28-03-2019, 12:06 AM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

It’s not my idea, saw someone suggested it elsewhere. It was suggested that it was similar to iPhone, where Apple software will adjust the device performance to compensate for battery health.

Therefore, gen 2 is actually design to have the same sound as a fully healthy battery gen 1 (driver burn in not included)
Though batts in wireless earphones are very small, they can still last quite a bit and I agree with you on adjusting performance to compensate for batt life and it’s the same for all manufacturers of these products.

But overall, the batts in these wireless earphones can take the punishment by powering everything, even with daily use for a few hours.

I presumed my first gen AirPods have already long burnt-in, but my gen 2 purchased on first day sounds wider and yes, no burn-in yet.
Old 28-03-2019, 12:28 AM   #58

Hi bro. any article states new h1 improves SQ in the 2nd gen? im curious as afaik its connectivity and wirless are the only difference.

Though batts in wireless earphones are very small, they can still last quite a bit and I agree with you on adjusting performance to compensate for batt life and it’s the same for all manufacturers of these products.

But overall, the batts in these wireless earphones can take the punishment by powering everything, even with daily use for a few hours.

I presumed my first gen AirPods have already long burnt-in, but my gen 2 purchased on first day sounds wider and yes, no burn-in yet.
Eidekos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #59
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi bro. any article states new h1 improves SQ in the 2nd gen? im curious as afaik its connectivity and wirless are the only difference.
You can try reading the review on imore or macrumors.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #60

Wah someone bought a used earpiece?

You got clean until very clean hor?
i.Singaporean is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.