Apple Card

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have not paid any annual fees on my credit cards before. Why? because i use them. if you don't use them and the bank charges you for the annual fees, just cancel. So ya, even a card with no annual fees is not going to disrupt the market.

FYI, CIMB card has no annual fees. don't see it disrupting the market at all.

https://www.cimbbank.com.sg/en/personal/products/cards/credit-cards/cimb-platinum-mastercard.html

Member For Life, With No Annual Fee

• Experience the convenience and freedom of owning a CIMB Credit Card with no annual fees for the Principal Cardmember, ever.

Weird. I used my cards but there is an annual fee. It’s waived though.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont see GS as a "good" bank brand, it didn't even have the banking license here.

No one care about GS. They are well known for their investment feat than typical card card for consumer. If apple were to approach typical consumer banks, I believe their answer will be not possible, cannot have 0 annual fees, cannot do no late charge, cannot this and cannot that...Typical banks too much restrictions, legacy and red tapes. GS probably feel there is an opportunity. Anyway, just my guess

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bank don't like timely paying users to be honest.

Just cancelled my Capital Amex this morning as they not willing to waive the annual fee. I've be using it on a monthly basis and they say it not enough lol. Oh I pay on time btw :)

Amex is notorious for not waiving annual fee that's nothing new.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You take a lousy bank to compare with the top brand in the world. Very strange. Picanto and Rolls Royce also 4 wheels. Same?

Yes. A card is a card. A car is a car. What is the difference? They all give you unsecured line of credit no? I am only pointing out that there are cards with no annual fees. Which is supposed to disrupt the market.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. A card is a card. A car is a car. What is the difference? They all give you unsecured line of credit no? I am only pointing out that there are cards with no annual fees. Which is supposed to disrupt the market.

I guess we'll find out if it's like e other things that  disrupted when they entered e fray or becomes a dud.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess we'll find out if it's like e other things that  disrupted when they entered e fray or becomes a dud.

I agree, end of the day. It is the benefits of using each specific card that makes consumers choose whatever they are choosing.

There are miles players, cashback peeps and other perks.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Don’t use “no annual fee” to kid yourself. There are already cards on the market with zero annual fee, you also never get.

Apple Card is good, I like how they group your purchase with colors. :D

Apple Card will come to Singapore, you see how many apple store we have in this small country. :s13:

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suspect the Apple stores are also for the tourists . Sg has like 17-18m international tourists. And if you can afford to chose sg as a destination, then your purchasing power is already there . So this is captive market . As for the Apple Card , that’s a diff thing altogether

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t use “no annual fee” to kid yourself. There are already cards on the market with zero annual fee, you also never get.

Apple Card is good, I like how they group your purchase with colors. :D

Apple Card will come to Singapore, you see how many apple store we have in this small country. :s13:

But no banks can offer you “no late charges”. That’s one of the factors too.

Singapore has 2 Apple stores and 1 more coming up. HK being in similar size has 4 Apple stores and every store is crowded.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think ppl forget the fundamental of being associated with apple.

1. During the launch of their products, a lot of ppl say can't do this, can't do that and overpriced. Yet products like iPhone, ipad, apple watch, air pods (no sound isolation blah blah) fly off the shelf.

2. The launch of their card will be similar. I think apple will make this card a prestige item. Banks uses pay and AUM as a gauge for prestige (offering you cards with annual feels where ppl choose to pay because they are "prestigious"). I know cimb offer a lot of annual fees cards but not a game changer. Well, I agree because cimb is not a prestigious bank (Malaysian bank). Furthermore, perks very average.

I thikk apple way of measuring prestige is via their customer base (based on their spending). I believe tied up and perks will come out later (which company don't want to work with Apple). All these takes time to shape but no annual fees and no late charges is a good start.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But no banks can offer you “no late charges”. That’s one of the factors too.

Singapore has 2 Apple stores and 1 more coming up. HK being in similar size has 4 Apple stores and every store is crowded.

HK apple store caters for China tourists.
Like SG apple stores cater mainly for tourists. That why you don't see them in Woodlands, Bishan or Jurong.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are confused. Apple Card technically is still a credit card and Apple is not going into fintech just yet.

Apple can work with any banks in Singapore to issue this card.

I think he is prob referring to GSachs maybe getting a digital bank license

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possible. I really scare they destroy our 3 banks. If u look at it, our airline stock, our press holding stock, our telco stocks, our water company stock all holan whereas other countries hit new high.

Now possibly our banking stock maybe screwed

boliao45

Reaction score
MAS said that applicants must have a track record of at least three years in an existing business within the technology or e-commerce fields.
Note the "Existing business in techology field" and even though apple may not operate as bank, the apple pay cash function is similar in behaviour to a bank account for storing money, therefore this will require licensing from MAS.

You are confused. Apple Card technically is still a credit card and Apple is not going into fintech just yet.

Apple can work with any banks in Singapore to issue this card.

yotoden

Reaction score
Possible. I really scare they destroy our 3 banks. If u look at it, our airline stock, our press holding stock, our telco stocks, our water company stock all holan whereas other countries hit new high.

Now possibly our banking stock maybe screwed

That’s because we are not capable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.