HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Card

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #46
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. A card is a card. A car is a car. What is the difference? They all give you unsecured line of credit no? I am only pointing out that there are cards with no annual fees. Which is supposed to disrupt the market.
I guess we'll find out if it's like e other things that  disrupted when they entered e fray or becomes a dud.
szeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #47
High Supremacy Member

I guess we'll find out if it's like e other things that  disrupted when they entered e fray or becomes a dud.

I agree, end of the day. It is the benefits of using each specific card that makes consumers choose whatever they are choosing.

There are miles players, cashback peeps and other perks.
Old 20-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #48

Don’t use “no annual fee” to kid yourself. There are already cards on the market with zero annual fee, you also never get.

Apple Card is good, I like how they group your purchase with colors.

Apple Card will come to Singapore, you see how many apple store we have in this small country.

Hello, Are you Captain Obvious?
ragnarok95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #49

I suspect the Apple stores are also for the tourists . Sg has like 17-18m international tourists. And if you can afford to chose sg as a destination, then your purchasing power is already there . So this is captive market . As for the Apple Card , that’s a diff thing altogether
iduncheckmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 12:31 AM   #50
Supremacy Member

Don’t use “no annual fee” to kid yourself. There are already cards on the market with zero annual fee, you also never get.

Apple Card is good, I like how they group your purchase with colors.

Apple Card will come to Singapore, you see how many apple store we have in this small country.
But no banks can offer you “no late charges”. That’s one of the factors too.

Singapore has 2 Apple stores and 1 more coming up. HK being in similar size has 4 Apple stores and every store is crowded.
Old 21-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #51
Supremacy Member

I think ppl forget the fundamental of being associated with apple.

1. During the launch of their products, a lot of ppl say can't do this, can't do that and overpriced. Yet products like iPhone, ipad, apple watch, air pods (no sound isolation blah blah) fly off the shelf.

2. The launch of their card will be similar. I think apple will make this card a prestige item. Banks uses pay and AUM as a gauge for prestige (offering you cards with annual feels where ppl choose to pay because they are "prestigious"). I know cimb offer a lot of annual fees cards but not a game changer. Well, I agree because cimb is not a prestigious bank (Malaysian bank). Furthermore, perks very average.

I thikk apple way of measuring prestige is via their customer base (based on their spending). I believe tied up and perks will come out later (which company don't want to work with Apple). All these takes time to shape but no annual fees and no late charges is a good start.
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 09:04 AM   #52
High Supremacy Member

But no banks can offer you “no late charges”. That’s one of the factors too.

Singapore has 2 Apple stores and 1 more coming up. HK being in similar size has 4 Apple stores and every store is crowded.

HK apple store caters for China tourists.
Like SG apple stores cater mainly for tourists. That why you don't see them in Woodlands, Bishan or Jurong.
Old 21-08-2019, 09:57 PM   #53

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/08/20...-widely-in-us/

Available for all US consumers.
yotoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #54

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...cence-11853890
Seems like MAS is paving way for this to happen...
boliao45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #55
Supremacy Member

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...cence-11853890
Seems like MAS is paving way for this to happen...
You are confused. Apple Card technically is still a credit card and Apple is not going into fintech just yet.

Apple can work with any banks in Singapore to issue this card.
Old 29-08-2019, 11:08 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

You are confused. Apple Card technically is still a credit card and Apple is not going into fintech just yet.

I think he is prob referring to GSachs maybe getting a digital bank license
szeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #57
Supremacy Member

Possible. I really scare they destroy our 3 banks. If u look at it, our airline stock, our press holding stock, our telco stocks, our water company stock all holan whereas other countries hit new high.

Now possibly our banking stock maybe screwed
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 08:38 AM   #58

MAS said that applicants must have a track record of at least three years in an existing business within the technology or e-commerce fields.
Note the "Existing business in techology field" and even though apple may not operate as bank, the apple pay cash function is similar in behaviour to a bank account for storing money, therefore this will require licensing from MAS.

boliao45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #59

Possible. I really scare they destroy our 3 banks. If u look at it, our airline stock, our press holding stock, our telco stocks, our water company stock all holan whereas other countries hit new high.

Now possibly our banking stock maybe screwed
That’s because we are not capable.
yotoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #60
High Supremacy Member

The card will be issued with Goldman Sachs
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.