www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Apple Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-clinic-5/)
-   -   Apple Card (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-clinic-5/apple-card-6091173.html)

yotoden 06-08-2019 10:43 PM

Apple Card

When will Apple Card come to Singapore? It is very cool^^

Anybody thinking to get one?

boliao45 07-08-2019 07:12 AM

For apple card to come here, first the apple pay cash must be enabled. And unless apple gets licensed by MAS, this will never happen here.

Glariel 07-08-2019 08:45 AM

It will never come here

Jirachi 07-08-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glariel (Post 122117647)
It will never come here

It’s possible. Have to get licensing and the banks have to upgrade their infrastructure if needed.

Goldman Sachs said it will eventually be a worldwide thing.

But having said that, we need Apple Pay Cash first.

yotoden 07-08-2019 01:51 PM

Wah, need so much efforts one ah? I believe it is still possible one.

In SG we already having so many mobile wallets, might just need Apple to initiate?

boliao45 07-08-2019 03:12 PM

So much effort but for a country with so little population, don't think there's a real business worth. They will likely target other countries with bigger market. I think SG should be in the last if not one of the last in their list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotoden (Post 122122421)
Wah, need so much efforts one ah? I believe it is still possible one.

In SG we already having so many mobile wallets, might just need Apple to initiate?

Jirachi 07-08-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boliao45 (Post 122123642)
So much effort but for a country with so little population, don't think there's a real business worth. They will likely target other countries with bigger market. I think SG should be in the last if not one of the last in their list.

SG market is huge

szeli 07-08-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

last? SG got  Pay quite early.

upsndowns 07-08-2019 07:39 PM

Give it sometime and SG will have it. I believe that they will try to get the license to run here once its rolled out.

Remember how ECG on apple watch is also limited to so few countries and SG have it after just 1 year.

Quote:

*adiBOY 08-08-2019 01:02 AM

Singapore is a first tier market for Apple so they will want to push out new features and products as soon as possible.

ECG took almost a year but we are the first SEA country to get it.

Apple Card will definitely arrive here in the near future. Now is to see which bank willing to take up the liabilities though the benefits are huge.

Jirachi 08-08-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *adiBOY (Post 122131528)
Singapore is a first tier market for Apple so they will want to push out new features and products as soon as possible.

ECG took almost a year but we are the first SEA country to get it.

Apple Card will definitely arrive here in the near future. Now is to see which bank willing to take up the liabilities though the benefits are huge.

I expect Apple Pay Cash to come soon. That thing has been sitting inside the Wallet for ages already!

Jirachi 08-08-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by szeli (Post 122127116)
last? SG got  Pay quite early.

One of the few countries to get Apple Pay, but also one of the countries with Apple Pay to be underused. Actually, this goes for all/most mobile/contactless payments.

yotoden 08-08-2019 08:25 AM

Even some European countries also just got their Apple Pay, Singapore already 2 years ahead, some more Apple APJ HQ is in SG. I believe we will have Apple Card eventually.

Is Apple Card similar to those Grab Pay, Dash Pay in term of architecture?

Jirachi 08-08-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotoden (Post 122133193)
Even some European countries also just got their Apple Pay, Singapore already 2 years ahead, some more Apple APJ HQ is in SG. I believe we will have Apple Card eventually.

Is Apple Card similar to those Grab Pay, Dash Pay in term of architecture?

Different. Apple Card is basically a credit card.

htngwilliam 09-08-2019 11:51 AM

Waiting for this card. Banks are blood sucker. Annual fees, late charges etc