HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Retail Store in Singapore?

Like Tree519Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #1

Apple Retail Store in Singapore?

Just wondering when we will we one day see an Apple Retail Store in Singapore.

Any prominent locations? Marina Bay? Orchard?
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #2

I hope it happens
Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #3

I think the reason it's not happening yet is because of the Telcos controlling the iPhone market in Singapore. But yeah no one can deny the service by an Apple Retail Store is way way better than of an Apple Premium Reseller or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

But I can see it may be happening soon. Previously Telcos were offering aftersale service for iPhones at their own service centers but now they got AASPs to service their customer's product instead, at least for Starhub, not too sure about other telco.
asriznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #4

I think the reason it's not happening yet is because of the Telcos controlling the iPhone market in Singapore. But yeah no one can deny the service by an Apple Retail Store is way way better than of an Apple Premium Reseller or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

But I can see it may be happening soon. Previously Telcos were offering aftersale service for iPhones at their own service centers but now they got AASPs to service their customer's product instead, at least for Starhub, not too sure about other telco.
Telcos do not control the iPhone market in Singapore. In fact, Apple Premium Resellers and the Singapore online store sells them too. It's very similar to other countries Apple operates in, just that our handsets our unlocked (mandatory).

The most possible place for an Apple Retail Store, if one is even coming, would be in the Orchard area. Most Retail Stores are large though, and I don't see much space in that region. I hope Apple considers the Changi Airport Jewel, that would be cool.
ashhong likes this.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #5

Are there any night clubs in the marina Bay Area that closed down recently? Need to have an iconic location. Just like the LV at MBS.
ashhong likes this.
blimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

i hope MBS woo them to have a store. they always go to the extra mile to secure a brand/stall.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
Master Member

Not going to happen. SG has no concept about customer service and people are generally unadaptable.
LonelyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #8

Not going to happen. SG has no concept about customer service and people are generally unadaptable.
Haha good point!!

Singapore is too much of customer service that makes everyone quite unreasonable. Complain here and there, waiver here and there, refund here and there.

On that note, just witnessed a couple who requested their McDonald meal to be waived because of slow service. My goodness, I pity them, cheap thrill? LOL if u see long wait, don't bother queuing lah.

#rantover
Mr. Bushido likes this.
asriznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #9

I have to agree but always wonder how come Apple can open so many retail stores in China? And also have their products made there? And adapted their iphones to work on Chinese cellular phone standards. It is a question I have wondered for a long time. Perhaps Singapore is not worth the trouble at all.... Money no enough for them ?
li9ht5peed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #10

Truth to be told, do you even see Singaporean customer service people these days? Very few.

Even SG AppleCare calls redirect me to Australia.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #11

I have to agree but always wonder how come Apple can open so many retail stores in China? And also have their products made there? And adapted their iphones to work on Chinese cellular phone standards. It is a question I have wondered for a long time. Perhaps Singapore is not worth the trouble at all.... Money no enough for them ?
China generates wayyyy more $$$ for them..

First wave pre-orders from 10 countries including US in 24 hours was 4 million

Pre-orders made from China alone last week in 24 hours was 4 million...
EldonChew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #12
Ows
Master Member

Telcos do not control the iPhone market in Singapore. In fact, Apple Premium Resellers and the Singapore online store sells them too. It's very similar to other countries Apple operates in, just that our handsets our unlocked (mandatory).

The most possible place for an Apple Retail Store, if one is even coming, would be in the Orchard area. Most Retail Stores are large though, and I don't see much space in that region. I hope Apple considers the Changi Airport Jewel, that would be cool.
iStudio is already in Changi, doubt that will happen.
Ows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #13
Greater Supremacy Member

hope it happens.

but the market a bit small i thinK~

maybe some day.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #14
Greater Supremacy Member

the perfect place for it, i think, is the LV shop at MBS.

Like it rises in an island, there display an Apple.

it i will feel like another Apple Manhattan Shop.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #15
Master Member

More volume, staffing is easier as PRC people more adaptable and people appreciate service rather than bargain?
LonelyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.