PetPet

Reaction score
Affected wall plug looks like this.

affected-slot-view.png

affected-prong-view.png

Source : https://www.apple.com/support/three-prong-ac-wall-plug-adapter/

boliao45

Reaction score
Actually i liked the old design better, more foothold and easier for grab when the charger is plugged in to wall.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone done the replacement program already? Do we have to bring the macbook as well? Or just the charger with the adaptor? I wonder how they gonna figure out if the three-prong is real or fake.

boliao45

Reaction score
Just the duck head, think they only see the coloring of the plug, white/white and not white/grey plus you need to have serial of an old product that is purchased between 2003 & 2010

Anyone done the replacement program already? Do we have to bring the macbook as well? Or just the charger with the adaptor? I wonder how they gonna figure out if the three-prong is real or fake.

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got mine exhanged at A.Labs. They only need the head, no need for the whole adapter or the laptop. They did ask if i have the serial number of my MBP (mid 2009). i told them i do not have it on hand and they let me exchange it anyway.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also changed mine at Apple Store Orchard. Didn't even ask for serial number. Only ask if my charger still working. Replied him old charger is dead, but using for newer macbook pro which doesn't come with this three-prong adaptor like they used to. :s8:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.