HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple TV 4

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2019, 09:15 PM   #856

Go to apple retail store that has a demo unit and play with it.
Went. Demo set cannot even download new app. So need someone with singtel tv help me verify the quality.
marquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 09:23 PM   #857

Went. Demo set cannot even download new app. So need someone with singtel tv help me verify the quality.
Output looks 720p. Quite compressed. I was trying to watch football on it, and if you are used to watching on Starhub or Mio, the Cast quality is crap. Main issue is it's 25fps which is not good for sports. Has judder with fast motion of the camera.
SiaoAngMoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 09:53 PM   #858

Output looks 720p. Quite compressed. I was trying to watch football on it, and if you are used to watching on Starhub or Mio, the Cast quality is crap. Main issue is it's 25fps which is not good for sports. Has judder with fast motion of the camera.
720p is good enough. Is it full screen? U use home view on it?
Old 19-08-2019, 09:56 PM   #859
Banned

For me look decent.
You can use your phone to stream.
It’s about the same.

It also depends on your tv as well.
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 08:53 AM   #860

Anybody encounter apple tv power cut off after plugging in the HDMI cable?
Old 26-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #861

Bro why not in 1080p 60fps?
Old 26-08-2019, 07:31 PM   #862

Anybody encounter apple tv power cut off after plugging in the HDMI cable?
Are you connecting to older Samsung TV with Anynet+ (mine is year 2016 model)? Try to unplug all the hdmi except the Apple TV and let see whether the problem still persist.

For me, i have this problem because my Samsung TV connected to Sonos soundbar and Apple TV using HDMI 1 and HDMI 2; my temp resolution is to turn on TV and let the sound is projected to Sonos first; after that i turn on Apple TV. But once a while, the problem still there but at least, the Apple TV still rebooted once then connected correctly.
kurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #863

Are you connecting to older Samsung TV with Anynet+ (mine is year 2016 model)? Try to unplug all the hdmi except the Apple TV and let see whether the problem still persist.

For me, i have this problem because my Samsung TV connected to Sonos soundbar and Apple TV using HDMI 1 and HDMI 2; my temp resolution is to turn on TV and let the sound is projected to Sonos first; after that i turn on Apple TV. But once a while, the problem still there but at least, the Apple TV still rebooted once then connected correctly.
I think my problem is because i using hdmi switcher.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.