Battery Issues - MacBook Pro 2020

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was just curious to try out 4k videos on a MBP since its a 'Pro' laptop. I have been running some 4k videos on my cheap hp laptop without any issues. Yes, it only has a 1080 screen, but just for the fun of it, I tried running 4k vids and it ran smoothly without the fan spinning up like a jet engine. I'm just surprised that a much more expensive MBP can't peform this task.

err yr laptop is 1080p screen. e video is not 4K leh.

falcon2000

Reaction score
The original Max is 5088mAH while the Current Max is 5193 mAh

Seems pretty healthy ain't it ?

Anyway, after using it for 10-15 mins, it has drained 4%

The battery was in good condition.

Maybe it caused by app you have installed.

How if you uninstall all of them first and see does battery still drained.

frozened

Reaction score
i got a replacement from Apple. after testing with istats and normal usage. It finally doesnt drain like mad with adobe illustrator + photoshop + aftereffects +chrome 5 tabs running combined and displaying on 4k monitor.

Seems like a drainage issue on the motherboard. Stats show design capabity is 5088mAh, current capacity is 5293 mAh.

MadwolfNemesis

Reaction score
i got a replacement from Apple. after testing with istats and normal usage. It finally doesnt drain like mad with adobe illustrator + photoshop + aftereffects +chrome 5 tabs running combined and displaying on 4k monitor.

Seems like a drainage issue on the motherboard. Stats show design capabity is 5088mAh, current capacity is 5293 mAh.

Was yours MBP 2020 13" too? Did you get the 10th gen one also?

Our replacement set is still facing horrendous draining issue. But we suspect Adobe CC is the culprit.

Just upgraded to the latest OS. Will see if it resolves the issue

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.