Current MBP 15" vs MBP 13" entry level

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone purchase the current MBP series? Any insights of it

I looking to get a new laptop as i going oversea study plus now have the education offer with discount and free beats headphone.

Will be using it for running python and data analysis since my course is on that.
Will the 15 inches be better for the long run or the current release of the 13 inch entry level is enough?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone purchase the current MBP series? Any insights of it

I looking to get a new laptop as i going oversea study plus now have the education offer with discount and free beats headphone.

Will be using it for running python and data analysis since my course is on that.
Will the 15 inches be better for the long run or the current release of the 13 inch entry level is enough?

The newly refreshed 13" MBP is more than enough for your needs unless you need to edit 4K videos.

The current 13" is the most bang for buck MBP for most people.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.4ghz and 2.4ghz make any much different?

have to go apple store to see 13 inch first, too use to 15 inch laptop already haha

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sounds like 13 inch and max ram is a good fit for u .... unless you're doing video editing etc.

coding with 13 inch is completely fine

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.4ghz with 8gb or 16gb ram? or
2.4ghz with 8gb or 16gb ram

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For longevity, max out the CPU and RAM.

On a fresh boot, even before you do anything, MacOS already takes 2 plus GBs of RAM for system use.

1.4ghz with 8gb or 16gb ram? or
2.4ghz with 8gb or 16gb ram

Eidekos

Reaction score
Got the entry level MBP 13, felt snappy and fast. same feel on my usage with mac mini 2018. no complaints.

the ssd is compromise based on his review tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtTL1UVikzI but does matter for your everyday use? then if it does then you should get the 15 then. but its almost double the price of the entry level.

but i suggest better wait for upcoming new mbp with new keyboards, just not sure if they are releasing this year though.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You got the 128GB or 256 GB? Most likely I going upgrade the Ram to 16GB and get extended warranty. But I have to check if it cover in Russia and UK since i be there 1 year each

Got the entry level MBP 13, felt snappy and fast. same feel on my usage with mac mini 2018. no complaints.

the ssd is compromise based on his review tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtTL1UVikzI but does matter for your everyday use? then if it does then you should get the 15 then. but its almost double the price of the entry level.

but i suggest better wait for upcoming new mbp with new keyboards, just not sure if they are releasing this year though.

Eidekos

Reaction score
I got the base model 128GB. Good enough for me. I have a NAS to storw my files anyway.

If extendy warranty as long as fheres an apple store service center at those countries then you'll be fine.

You got the 128GB or 256 GB? Most likely I going upgrade the Ram to 16GB and get extended warranty. But I have to check if it cover in Russia and UK since i be there 1 year each

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you get an adapter from USB c to multi port? Any recommendations?

I got the base model 128GB. Good enough for me. I have a NAS to storw my files anyway.

If extendy warranty as long as fheres an apple store service center at those countries then you'll be fine.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Apple warranty is international so both countries will be covered.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just call up Apple. If pay by dbs still got rebate about 100+ dollar

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any cover/sleeves that you guys can recommend? or accessories that must have to get.

Eidekos

Reaction score
Incase sleeves

as for usb-c, check out satechi, hyperdrive and ugreen for cheaper options.

dont try those unheard of brands coz once connected might block the wifi signal for you.

Any cover/sleeves that you guys can recommend? or accessories that must have to get.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.